You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Ghost Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Door

 

I thought I would share with you my very first encounter with a ghost or a ghost door, to be specific.

When I was a child, my family and I used to take this trip to a castle (Called Tidö Slott) about 2 times a year. It contained a toy-museum, with old toys from the royal family and such. Before it was a museum it was the home of the royal family, I believe in the 1600's.

I remember this one time, I think I was about 5-6 years old, when my dad and I stayed a bit longer in one room and the rest of the family went on without us. When my dad and I went out of the room, we looked down both ways in a big hallway. To our right, we saw the rest of the exhibition. To our left, we saw a big brown old-looking door with a black, round handle on it. The door was partly open, and you could see light coming out and a brick wall behind it. We decided to go to our right, and then explore the rest behind that door. About one half hours later, we took our family back to the hallway to show them the last part behind the door. But when we got there, the hallway ended with a white wall. We got startled, but thought that we simply where in the wrong spot. We looked through the whole exhibition, but we never found the wooden door again.

About 2 years later, we saw this paranormal TV-show on TV, and it was about the castle. They talked about how it was haunted and suddenly the showed a hallway that ended with a white wall, saying "This is where the cellar door used to be, but it was blocked up after the little prince went down here and was never found again." Both my dad and I said "That's the hallway where we saw the door!" And it was. It's strange that we actually saw the door, that hasn't been there for 400 years.

I've been to the castle after that experience, but I never saw the door again.

Other hauntings by Melime

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Very interesting! And I'm glad to hear that someone else had a similar experience. I believe that if people see a door, or in your case an arch, they're not supposed to go in there. I doubt that whatever is beyond is not for the living.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
I had something similar happen in a supposedly haunted location. This was on a plot of land with an old gate that led to an abandoned house. I went with some friends at night, and (this was my first time there,) I looked around and I noticed a perfect arch made of bushes right next to the main gate. I kept thinking how odd that was, it was clipped and maintained. Well we got spooked out and left without even going any further on the property. I started talking about the arch way later on and my friends looked at me like I was insane. I went back the next day and there was nothing like that anywhere! I always wondered what would have happened if I had walked through that.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Thank you so much for your comments, I totally agree. And I'm glad we didn't went through the door, who knows, maybe we would've gone missing!
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
I can only imagine how it must feel to not only experience an event like that with some beside you that coraborate your story, but to then have your story validated on T.V.! Amazing! Imagine how much more you may have had to tell if the two of you had decided to enter this door. Maybe its better that you chose not to, as the little prince has been missing so long. Great tale... I think I'll check out your other posts.-Mike
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Melime: Wow what a great experience, strange how these things appear out of nowhere I have always wondered why at that particular moment do we get to witness these type of events, very strange indeed.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
That's cool that you both saw the story on tv to confirm what you saw. Nice story.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Thank you all so much for your comments! It was truly amazing to see an object and not a spirit, I feel really lucky, and me and my dad still talks about it to this day, even if it was almost 20 years ago it happened!

Thank you all for the kind words, I'm so happy you like to read my stories! 😊 ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Melime: I so love all of your stories, and this one is no exception! 😊...Wow, that must have been pretty cool to have your experience confirmed...

Great story, and thanks for posting! 😊 ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Hi Melime, Wow great account. I really enjoyed reading your story. You and your father must have so shocked to find out that you didn't imagine the door. Thanks for sharing this with us. 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Hi Melime. That must have been an amazing site to see. I bet not very many people have had that experience. You and your Dad were very lucky to be there at that place, at just the right time. I think that it is our dimension and another dimension meshing at just the right time for you to have been able to see that. To top it off, you learned about the door after the fact which confirmed what you saw. Awesome! Like something in a movie. Thanks for sharing.

SHELBY 😊
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Yes, it was really amazing to see the TV-show, we really got confirmed that we didn't had the same hallucination!
Thanks a lot! 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Melime - now that is an incredible confirmation of what you and your dad saw. 😊 I enjoyed your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: