You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Auto Parts Store

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Auto Parts Store

 

The first time I submitted this story is was rejected, so I will add more details and other things that happened.

I used to work at an Auto parts store in Syracuse NY. This store I found out later was haunted by who the managers believed to be the spirit of a teenage boy that died in a fire years before the store was built. Records state that a bowling alley used to stand where the auto parts store was built, but it burned down killing a teenage boy. Anyways into my story.

I used to work in the tire service section getting tires for customers and checking them out. Well the tire room was in the back of the store and the tire racks went up to the ceiling there was about seven racks of tires that ran the length of the backroom, the other section of the back was for a break room and overstock, oh yeah and the bathrooms were back there. I had a friend who was a manager at the store and he was sensitive to spirits, more like he was a magnet for spirits, where ever he went if there were spirits there they were drawn to him, good and bad alike.

Well one day when a group of us guys were closing up myself and a co-worker were at the doorway leading into the tire room talking to my manager friend who was inside the tire room with two other co-workers, he was standing between the tire racks talking with us all, when three huge tires came flying off the rack next to him hitting the wall on the other side of him and falling at his feet. We all saw it as I was facing him, and the co-workers next to him were facing us he was in the middle of us all and the tires landed next to his feet. No one else was in the store and the tires were heavy plus I had the other two co-workers in my sight the entire time. We were all surprised and put the tires back and closed up and left.

Other times when I worked back there I would hear my name being called in my friends or co-workers voice and when I'd ask them what they wanted they'd say they hadn't called me. Well whoever haunted this store didn't like my friend the manager because of the tire incident and another time I was back in the backroom rearranging stock on this huge rack, it was secured to the wall and ran almost to the top of the ceiling, you couldn't move this rack without taking it apart. When I was back there in the break room my friend came walking by to find me and we heard this huge crash. We looked behind him and the rack had been pushed over after he walked by.

We used to work after hours a lot at the store regardless of the things that happened. One of the store managers told me that they used to get a lot of calls from the police stated that they had a break-in at the store, so the managers would respond with the police to open the store and the police would go in with their weapons drawn to find nobody in the store or anything missing, as the police were leaving they heard this huge crash in the back and ran back with their guns drawn to find one of those huge racks again had been knocked over.

I'm not sure if anything else has happened since I left work there, but if you are curious you can ask the managers that work there. The store is PepBoys on Erie Blvd. In Syracuse.

Thanks for reading my story I will be submitting other activity that has happened in my house as well.

Other hauntings by turfster

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, turfster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Yikes! I'm sure you are probably one of only a few friends the manager has these days. I wonder if he didn't bring this spirit with him, as opposed to the poor kid who lost his life there? It seems as though he has a history with this one.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Sounds like that was a pretty dangerous place to work with tires flying and those big heavy racks falling over. Good think nobody was ever hurt. I was thinking the same thing as mustang. It's ironic how the haunted Pep Boys is on Erie (eerie) blvd. 😊 😉
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Oh boy do I know how that feels. It's not the places that are haunted. He is the one that is haunted. Like a beacon in the night the spirits are drawn to him. Well that's what my husband says about me and my daughter. Nothing has tried to hurt me by toppling something over though. Thank goodness.

So is the street that the Pep Boys is on called Erie but pronounced eerie? Wouldn't that be funny.

SHELBY 😊
turfster (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Well it's not like things happened all the time when I worked there just on an off again, and especially when I was with my manager friend. The crazy thing is that whatever house he lived in beame haunted when he moved in cause the spirits moved in with him. Haha crazy
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Hi turfster. That's crazy. You must have been a nervous wreck whenever you were near or had to walk by that tire rack. That's awful that a teenage boy died in that fire. I guess I would be pretty upset, too, if I died in a fire. Thanks for sharing.

SHELBY 😊
Scooby (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
I don't know how you continued to go into work everyday! 😨 I can honestly say, being the confirmed chicken that I am, I would have been trying to find another job (especially if I were your manager friend)!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: