You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Strangled By A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Strangled By A Ghost

 

Ever since my family and I have moved into my aunt's house (Who had many Japanese and Buddhists figures in the house), we have been experiencing unexplainable things. But I will just focus on the two biggest ones. But first, I would like to tell you about the little I know about the house. My grandpa's religion was Tenrikyo, and he used to worship in the room that we now use as a kitchen. He had a large alter in the corner of the room.

Our first big paranormal experience was earlier last year, though I don't remember the exact month. A pastor was over, discussing paranormal things with my parents. My mom had bought a phone case for my sister, which said "JESUS" on it. A while after talking to our pastor, my mom told my sister to put the case on the phone. But, no one could find it and no one touched it. My dad went to our large trash can to throw away something, and found the phone case in there. The side that said "Jesus" was facing down. No one could explain it. We had the house blessed and thought everything would be fine from then on. I still heard things, though, like someone calling my name or blood-curling screams, or someone calling for help. It sounded like a little girl, which is strange, because we have no little girls in our neighbourhood. The calls seemed close, but distant at the same time.

This next paranormal experience happened while I was alone, in the family room, just across of the place where my grandpa used to worship. It was January 3rd of this year. Not even my dogs were there with me, just me and my computer. Oddly, I was discussing paranormal activity while everything happened. I suddenly felt a tight compression around my chest, like something was wrapping around it and squeezing me. It went away after a couple of minutes. I thought nothing of it; I just thought it was a coincidence. But, my thinking had been changed after that day. After a few more minutes, I felt something, or someone, grasp my neck, and start to suffocate me. I lost complete control of my body, like I was paralyzed. I could barely breathe, and I nearly passed out because of the lack of oxygen. But a second before I lost consciousness, I whispered Jesus' name, and whatever was gripping my neck let go. I regained control of my body. I sat there, in shock. I still haven't told anyone, not even my parents. They think that because we had our house blessed that we will have no more paranormal activity. But not all exorcisms or blessings work... And I guess ours didn't.

I don't know what to think about the second experience, and I am still scared that it may happen again. I still hear a little girl screaming for help and calling my name.

I need answers; I don't want to have to go through this anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tay-Tay-, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Well it sounds to me, that you have demons around your house. How ever it sounds like you haven't seen one yet, but your only hearing them.

I'd bless the house in Jesus's name and I would tell Jesus to put a crown of thorns around the house. Then I would put up crosses in every room. I hope this will help.

These other beleves aren't going to help at all.
I mean how are you going to get rid of a demon using Tenrikyo or Buddhists religions. These demons are only going to laugh at you.

Take care,

Walter 😕
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
yeah Idaho!

Sorry not many people from potato land.

😆

I hope you don't experience anything like that again. I agree with one previous poster to maybe try a house cleansing ritual in the buddhist or tenriko religions.
spiralsoutof (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hey, just a friendly suggestion: get that checked out by a doctor. It may not be a ghost. I don't know if that's better or worse, but one thing's for sure and it's that you don't want that happening again.

Just saying. It's probably nothing.
Tay-Tay- (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Thank you all for your help.

510mot,
Well, my grandfather's side of the family's religion was Tenrikyo, while my grandmother's was Buddhism. The two religions were worshipped in the house at the same time.

PestilentPixie,
Thank you so much for the information, I may try it.

Again, thank you all!
~Taylor
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
I would like to say thank you for sharing your story and judging by your strong emotional movement of your experiences there I believe that you should do some more research, you may not find what you are looking for but you may find something that can lead you where you need to look next.

I am not well versed in this type of religion but from what research I have done the religion your Grandfather practiced was considered of a new age religion because it was founded in the 19th Century and is to date the largest recognized religion started by a woman.

The most basic teaching of Tenrikyo is kashimono-karimono, officially translated as "a thing lent, a thing borrowed". The thing that is lent and borrowed in this teaching is the human body. Tenrikyo followers think of their minds as something under their own control, but their bodies as a gift on loan from God.

The Joyous Life in Tenrikyo is defined as charity and abstention from greed, selfishness, hatred, anger and arrogance. Negative tendencies are not known as sins in Tenrikyo, but rather "dust" that can be swept away from the mind through hinokishin and ritual. Hinokishin, voluntary effort, is performed not out of a desire to appear selfless, but out of gratitude for kashimono-karimono.

Adherents believe in a single god, Tenri-O-no-Mikoto, who is defined as the creator and caring parent of all mankind. It is also taught that the universe is the body of God. Continuing reincarnation is part of the religion, but is not a major emphasis. The ultimate spiritual aim of Tenrikyo as a religion is the construction of the Kanrodai, a divinely ordained pillar in an axis mundi called the Jiba, and the correct performance of the Kagura ritual around the Kanrodai, which requires the salvation of all humanity. I would suggest doing some more research to see if there is a type of cleansing ritual within the religion he practiced to help with your situation. If his beliefs were deeply rooted in the one religion than you may consider a cleansing of the same. I'm not saying it will work but you won't know until you try. As you said some blessings don't work, maybe you haven't tried the right one. Good Luck and I will keep you in my prayers.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Have you talked to your aunt and asked if she ever experienced anything there? Have you started researching the house and land? Can you be sure the phone case ended up in the trash by paranormal means? What I mean is, could it have been knocked in by accident? Also, I hate to be mean, but having a "paranormal" incident while discussing the paranormal, such as your choking episode, may be no more than power of suggestion. Depending on your fear level, power of suggestion "haunts" can be more or less intense. It sounds like you are pretty frightened. Look at each incident as it happens, analyze it, decide if it could possibly have been power of suggestion, or a real paranormal event. If you decide the incident is a real event, then analyze whether or not it was truly frightening, or just unexpected. Always seek rational causes and never stop questioning.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Whatever is in that house fears/abhors/respects the name of Jesus. That may work in your favor. Also, what can you tell me of your family's ancestral religion? Tenrikyo, is it? There may be some clues there as well. I am sorry that all I have are more questions, but together we may come up with some answers. Optimism always-Mike

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: