You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Manifestation

Real Ghost Stories

Manifestation

 

I was around four-teen or fifth-teen at the time. I was in bed and sound asleep. My room at the time had two widows that where in one corner of the room. My bed was facing the door way that lead to the hallway which was small. My room was next the rest room. Also from my room you could see the living room by day. Night time the living room was pitch black. In the other side of the hallway was my mother's room. From her room you could see the rest room and her room had three huge windows that allows a street light to beam in.

This one night I remember suddenly opening my eyes, I had no clue why but when my eyes opened, there stood in the doorway this manifestation. It had the appearance of the grim reaper. The manifestation had no sickle but was in a greyish robe. The weird thing was I could see through the form because of what light was beaming threw my mother's room to the hallway. Where the face should have been there was nothing except pure darkness (pitch black). I stared at this manifestation I would say about 3 minutes. Then the form started to like float backwards to the living room, which at the time was dark, and it disappeared. Then all of a sudden my mother passes to go to the restroom. It is like the manifestation sensed that my mother was coming. How long would it of stood there I will never know.

Ever since that time I made sure I close my door to my room before I go to sleep. Just recently I have been trying to keep the door open but I feel weird about it (I'm 45 years old now). Also since then I believe in ghost and the afterlife. There is something there either watching us or making sure of something. I have been obsessed with the grim reaper ever since. I told my mother about it but she thought I was dreaming. Let me tell you that was no dream.

The house that this happen to me was a house my mother rented. We had move away from this house. Just 18 years ago my mother and I bought a home down the street where this house is at. I know the person who lives there. I told them about this and they too have felt like there is a presence in this house. So right there confirm my story. There is something still there but no one has gone to investigate it to this day. I just hope that this ghost or whatever it is stays in that home and doesn't visit other home down the street. Yes it strange but I "BELIEVE" ever since that incident.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Annabel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Annabel65 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
It's me Annabel who wrote this story. I still to this day haven't seen my apparition again but I sense it is close and always following me.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Teens are in the transition between being open minded as children and being set in their ways. Plus the hormones tend to affect you physically, mentally, and emotionally. That's my experience anyways.
Annabel (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
I am just finding out that my son too has seen something similar to what I wrote but it was a small girl. Why as teens we are seeing this is something I feel is a mysterious question that should be investigated one day by someone who knows more about this situations.
Marilyncrazy85 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Hello Annabel,
I have also had an experience similiar to yours. I am now 25 years old, but I was 13 when this happened to me. In the house I grew up in... A city called Slidell (in the Greater New Orleans area) is where this occurred. My bedroom was in the back of the house. My bed faced my door and I used to sleep with my door open. One night at about 1:30am, I remember opening my eyes and being able to read the time on my alarm clock next to my bed. I then looked out of the door to peer down the hallway, and there was a girl who looked just like me, with firey red hair. She was very pale and was wearing all black. She stared at me for a few minutes, and she would tilt her head as if to get a better look at me or to question something. I saw her and became very afraid. I looked away and looked again and she was still there. Finally, I looked for a third time and she was gone. I told my mom and my older brother about it the next day and they thought I was full of crap. My mom told me I was sleeping, but I was awake. I was able to read the alarm clock and I remember thinking about things... Signs that I really was awake. Since then, I have PRAYED it doesn't happen to me again... Ever since though... No matter where I live... Something is always with me. I feel as if something follows me everywhere I live. Weird.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi Annabel~ Last November my daughter saw the same thing or at least a very similar thing as you did. She is 17 years old. My husband was at work and my three children and I were just finishing up dinner. It had just gotten dark outside. Our sliding glass door in our living room is right by where you walk into the kitchen. My back was facing that entry way. My daughter, the 17 year old, was sitting directly across from me, so she had a clear view of the entry way into the living room. We were talking and eating and then I got these chills, not cold chills, more like a staticy feeling. Like low vibration type thing. Very bizarre. It started at my feet and quickly worked it's way up to the very top of my head. I looked up from my plate at my daughter and she was looking behind me, speechless and with tears welling up in her eyes. I said to her, "What's the matter?" She still couldn't speak and started slowly shaking her head back and forth like in a no answer. When little ears, my 6 year old girl and 7 year old boy, were not in the room, my daughter told me what she saw. At the entry way to the kitchen, from the living room, she saw a black hooded figure, about 7 ft. Tall. Where that face should have been, was completely black. I felt it, she saw it. I was not facing that way. It all happened within seconds. She was so freaked out by this that she slept with me and my husband for three days. I had to convince her that it wss not going to do anything to her so it was okay to sleep in her own bed. I figured if it was going to hurt us or doing aything bad, it would have already done it. Very freaky. You are definitely NOT ALONE in this. This was the only time you saw this? Have you had any other paranormal experiences besides this one?

Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: