You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Dogs

Real Ghost Stories

My Dogs

 

My names Alex...

I have recently put down my two dogs Ben (Labrador) and Josh (Border collie) after they attacked an alpaca on a nearby farm, both dogs slept on my bed and I was the person who spent the most time with them.

Josh loved tennis balls, he would always have one. After his death I kept waking up with them lying on my bedroom floor or in the kitchen or outside near the front door.

Ben was the less active "hugger" out of the two of them, and would always sleep on top of me or next to me, every now and then I would be lying in bed on my stomach and would feel Ben jump onto my back and laydown, and as soon I would turn to look the weight would lift, so I would just sleep with him there.

Ben and Josh loved me very much and I loved them very much too, I am sure they are still here looking after me.

My Doberman I had years before who died of a heart attack could be felt around the house until josh and ben joined the family Lucy left, we think Lucy came back to us as ben. When Lucy first died, the dog next door who played with Lucy a lot barked the bark she gave out when the two dogs met. Lucy went over to say good bye

We miss you too Lucy

When I was a baby we had two dogs, Sheba and Bo, we believe Bo came back to us as Lucy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alex99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MysteryVin (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
😢 😢 😢 OH SO SAD I'm sorry for your loss but then again you keep getting them back...
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
it sounds to me like your dogs are reincarnating themselves to be one of the next pair of dogs you get
marley (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
I am so sorry about your beloved pets. I lost my beautiful 8 year old female lab this past year due to a tumor. I have her ashes on a shelf in my livingroom. I believe that animals' spirit's linger too. Although I have yet to experience my girl's spirit (she may not be ready to show herself), my brother and sister-in-law lost two of their cats this past year also, due to old age, and my sister-in-law often feels a cat rubbing on her legs while standing at the kitchen sink, which is what both cats would do when they were alive.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
I am sorry.

Cannot imagine how you are handling this...

I am yet to come to terms with putting our Bruno to sleep few months ago. He was stepping into his 13th year and had kidney problems... He kept fighting until the end and did not want to go. I know that he is around.
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
over the last 2 years our family dogs passed away. Max (lab) and jake (collie) strange coincidence on the breeds of dogs. I personally think it is just as hard for them to let go. I am sorry for the loss of your friends.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Alex99~ I am so sorry that you had to have your dogs put down. That had to be such a terrible feeling. It sounds like you are extremely close to all of your animals. You share a special connection with them. I am sure that your dogs are still with you since you shared such a deep connection with them in life. I know what you mean and the feeling of when your dog would jump on the bed and plop on to you. My dog does that. I am close with my dogs, also. I feel a different type of connection with one. He doesn't feel like just a dog like the other one does. It's like he has a human soul. You know how you can look in someone's eyes and feel like you can see their soul? That's how I feel with him. Our pets our family, too. Take comfort in knowing that your dogs love you very much and they know how much you love/loved them, too. 😊 Thank you for sharing with us.

SHELBY 😊 ❤
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
I'm very sorry for your loss. I myself know all too well what it's like. I hope you take some comfort in knowing your boys are still with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: