You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Sister's Old House

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Old House

 

This is my first time sharing a story, so here goes.

I used to spend a lot of time at my fiancé's older sister's house. I always had a weird feeling when I was there, like I was being watched. She had told me she had a ghost, and being I was/am a huge believer in the paranormal I believed her, but I had never had any experiences up until the ones I had at her house.

We were eating pizza with her oldest daughter in the living room when the loveseat indented like someone had just sat down. After I had my son, one night when we were spending the night there my then 8 month old and I were sleeping in the living room. He was sick and hardly slept that night, when I sat up with him I looked into the dining room, which is right across from her living room, and I saw him very clearly he was a tall skinny older man. I blinked thinking I'm still halfway asleep and rubbed my eyes, and he was still there, freaking out I quickly laid back down with and put him on my chest.

He was a gentle ghost I guess you could say, he never done anything to hurt anyone, just hid things. The very back bedroom in her house was very different, the stereo in that room would turn on and get louder even when it was unplugged, if you slept in there you woke up with scratches, the cat was declawed so it wasn't her, something just did not feel right in that room, and it wasn't the normal being watched feeling like it was in the rest of the house, something darker.

The last thing I am going to share, My son who was about 10 months old at the time was asleep on the couch, I was sitting in a chair and my nieces were sitting in the floor, my son was not exactly thrown but he didn't just roll off it either he landed in the middle of the floor, sort of like he was pushed off the couch, he never even woke up even after he hit the floor.

One of the boys that lived in the house before her was driving drunk one night and hit an old man head on and killed him, I'm just wondering even though the man that was killed didn't live there, is it possible that he is sort of stuck to that house maybe?

Thanks for reading-Bethany.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, littlemama07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
\\\\\\\\\\... 😆 Well, I don't know who the editor is who does that, but it's not Surya or Kim, as they've both edited my stories and no such animal existed in them... Ah well, it seems to be getting on everybody's nerves 😆
littlemama07 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
BadJuuJuu-thank you, I personally am glad she is out of that house after the incident with my son I was more than over it, we do at times talk about the elderly man, he was quite the trickster.
I am a grammar fanatic, and the little / are about to drive me mad (:
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
The / is getting added in after submission. Funny how a simple little / can make you want to scream.
Very interesting account littlemama. To me it sounds like two different entities in the home. The back bedroom could be the ghost of the man who died in the accident as Granny suggests. The milder personality in the rest of the house could be a former occupant.
littlemama07 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Thank You!
I didn't do that editing,lol,that kind of stuff drives me crazy as well,I'm a freak when it comes to spelling:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Littlemama: Wow, this is interesting... As far as the old man goes, I can give you my theory, but that's all it is! LOL... I think it's possible that the back bedroom may have belonged to the boy in the accident, and the angry presense felt there could be him (the old man)...

Thank you for posting!

This is off topic, but whoever is editing please refrain from using this symbol: / when there are contractions...Example: it is=it's, not it/'s he is=he's, not he/'s, etc...It's making it very hard to read these stories, and it's just generally making my crazy!...Thanks! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: