You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Biz Nonna Came To See You

Real Ghost Stories

Biz Nonna Came To See You

 

This is my first story submission and by far my craziest experience of the few that I have had. When I was a very small child I spent so much time with my grandmother. She is amazing and I loved to go in the garden and make sauce with her, and she never had a problem letting me muck around and get dirty.

One day after a garden adventure my Nonna gave me a bath, and as always the after bath ritual of baby powder. So she laid me on her bed and told me to wait for her to get my clothes from downstairs, not to move and stay right where I was. Of course I heard her hit the stairs and I was up and looking at what I could get my little hands on.

I heard the sound of someone clearing their throat and looked up thinking it was my grandmother and saw a soft blue "light ribbons" glow at the edge of the door. I got up and what I saw I was not prepared for at any age. A woman transparent, wearing a blue dress with little white flowers on it and her beautiful red hair all up on her head. I began to walk down the hallway as naked as the day God put me on the earth toward the stairs looking behind me seeing this woman following slowing. My Nonna was in the basement and didn't hear me come down. She turned around and saw poor little Rachel with tears in her eyes and shaking like a dead leaf on a windy day. She asked me what was wrong and I told her "There is a lady up stairs Nonna, and she coughed at me." My grandmother hugged me than asked me what this lady looked like. As I told her my Nonna smiled and said "There is nothing to be afraid of, that is my mother and she was making sure you were okay. The noise she makes is what she does when you do something you aren't supposed to. She doesn't mean to scare you honey. She just wants you to be safe."

Even now I remember this experience I am both mystified and terrified. Terrified that a three year old described the exact dress her great grandmother was buried in and mystified that she came to me. My great uncles have always told me I am the reincarnation of my Biz Nonna, but her visitation shows we are kindred in other ways. When I visit my grandmother now, I talk to my Biz Nonna when I am close to her old room and say hello. I always wonder if I will see her again or if she will visit one of my beautiful babies. My great grandmother and grandmother alike both believe having your hair long helps connect you with the earth. She believed strongly in the moon cycles effecting people as well as predicting things through her dreams. For example my great grandmother told my grandmother the day and time when she would die, and that my grandmother and great uncle would not be there when it happened and that it was okay. Sure enough it happened as she said. She died in 1987 and I was born 1988.

I hadn't met her in her life. But she came to me in mine.

It has been a while since I have written any type of story, so please forgive me for being rhetorically challenged. I will practice.

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rachie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
rachie - when I was pregnant with my little boy, I was so afraid I was going to lose him (history of miscarriages) that I completely shut myself off from anything ghostly. It wasn't until he was almost 3 that I "opened" myself back up. I had been gradually noticing things, but wouldn't say I was "in tune" with what was going on by any means. I think what I ended up doing was just slowly easing my guard down. My own fears of losing my son lessened over time to where I began noticing more and more activity. I now have a 60-page typed Journal that I add to every time something new happens to either my kids or me.

There might not be anything you can read that can teach you how to open yourself up. It just might be a matter of searching yourself to find out what is holding you back and then seeing if you can let it go.

Sometimes it's a lot easier said than done. I know. 😐 I recently had someone help me get rid of something that had been holding me back from reaching my potential. I still don't know what that potential is, but now I can strive to get there. Before I was only operating at half-speed, so to speak. I was afraid, truly afraid. Now the reason for my fear is gone and I am able to do whatever it is I'm meant to do. I realize that's pretty vague, and if you need specifics, I'm more than happy to give them if it'll help. Sometimes sharing can help someone else without even knowing.
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
thank you Miracles51031. I have thought about developing it but I really do not know how at this point. I have read an artical about the development and all it had suggested was to close your eyes and picture yourself surrounded by white light and the light growing and becoming stronger. I have done this and it feels wonderful, but doesn't really connect me to my underlying abilities.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
rachie - I've been reading your comments on other stories today and never even thought about reading your own story until now. I am so glad I did. What a wonderful story!

With the gift that your family has, I think it might be a good idea for you to get a little bit more comfortable with yours 😉. Your children are going to need you when they start seeing and hearing things that others don't. Trust me, been there. Actually, I still am 😆.
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Jesusistheonlyway
I sent you an email. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Jesusistheonlyway (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Hi rachie, thanks for sharing this story. Would you like to email me personally? I would love to talk with you more, but this may not be the place.:) You can email me at gloryofthelord123 [at] gmail.com
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
hey darkness dan,
My great grandmother and grandmother alike are very spiritual. Both are devout roman catholic which I always thought was odd in a way. My grandmother goes to church every week and watches mass every morning yet believes so much in spirtual connection, which the church teaches is not possible with those who have passed on... Except jesus? My grandmother also has this amazing yet humorous ability of knowing when the phone is about to ring and who is calling. I can do this occasionally. On the odd day here and there where I guess this touch is stronger. The most my ability has allowed me to do is burn out a lot of lightbulbs since I was young. Recently I looked up some information on this and some people emit more energy than others.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
rachie: A great story and experience, I was going to mention exactly what you have already said that being you witnessed your Biz Nonna as a full apparition because of you age at the time you were quite young thus being very open minded to these things. Its great that your Nonna can still interact and have a close relationship with your Biz Nonna she must have a very strong spiritual side to her which has also been passed down to you. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
i am sorry for your loss. I have had dreams myself, not of my great grandmother, just small preminissions, or serious casses of de-ja-vous that I can remember the dream in which it came from. This gift used to be stronger but frightens me. As well life has become hectic and I have never taken the time to develop it. I truly believe she came to me because I was so young.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
That's wonderful that they can still have such a close relationship. Even if it is through dreams and that's really interesting that only you have seen her while awake and your grandmother hasn't. I have a friend that comes to me in dreams. It started shortly after he died in August and he warned me about my step grandma's death this last week. Sure enough the day after I had the dream she died, but she's in a better place now.
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
My grandmother is not shy of paranormal happenings, for they are her normal. She calls me occasionally quite early in the morning because her mother has come to tell her something in a dream. Sometimes a warning, sometimes for strength, and sometimes they have coffee. Although I have not seen her since, my grandmother has never seen her the way I have.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
You are not rhetorically challenged by any means. I loved your writing style. That is a beautiful story and I love the way you ended it. I bet your great grandmother was a very interesting woman and it must be nice to know that she wanted to know you and visit you in life. It's also wonderful that your grandma knew what you were talking about and didn't discount it as dreams or imagination!
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Biz Nonna is Great Grandmother, Nonna is grandmother. They are on my father's side of the family, his parents are from Italy. If I did not answer this correctly please feel free to email me.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Your writing style suits me just fine. My first encounter (that I can recall) was when I was only four. I am not at all shocked that your memory is so vivid. It was a defining moment. I am very curios about your great-grandmother's name. Biz Nonna isn't common here in Louisiana (where the uncommon is common) so, I am wholly intrigued by the massive wave of deja-vu it has sent my way. Can you tell me anything that could help me understand?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: