You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Haunted Room

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted Room

 

Even if I moved out from mum a while ago, I keep my old room the way I left it, and I always sleep in there when I'm visiting. I do believe that the room is haunted. Well, the whole house is, but I have heard/seen most of it in my room.

Anyway, first thing I experienced was one of the first nights here after we moved in after mum and dad got divorced, it was almost 7 years ago. I was asleep one evening, and on my chest our kitten, Ozzy, slept too. Suddenly I woke up to the sound of... The best way to describe the sound is that it sounded like my closet was thrown in the floor, I even heard my necklaces jingle I had hanging there as the closet hit the floor. I got terrified and turned the light on, also confused since my closet is built in the wall, so there's no way it could've fallen or anything. When the light was on everything in the room was normal, except for Ozzy who sat on the floor, staring at something I couldn't see, while he growled and his tail was 3 times the normal size. He never slept in my room again after that.

Second time I knew something was wrong, also happened at night after I fell asleep. I was woken by the sound of something trying to getting through my door. It was scratching and thumping, but not like the normal ones like when the cats do it, it was much louder and came from the upper part of the door. Suddenly it changed to bangs and kicks, by that time I was 100% sure it was not the cat. It kept going for about 1 minute, and then it stopped as suddenly as it came. I never went to see what it was, I was too scared. Needless to say, I didn't sleep more that night.

Once I also felt a hand gently stroking my cheek when I was very ill. It wasn't scary though, only soothing. I believe it was my great grandmother who passed away, and was always worried sick when me or my siblings where ill.

All I know about this house is that it was built in the 70's, and before that it was another house here, demolished before our house was built. And before the first house, this was a trail through a forest where many people have walked.

Other hauntings by Melime

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
I agree.
No it's not the only one, I thought I'd tell about the other experiences in a seperate story ๐Ÿ˜Š
diana_eldridge44 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
A lot of people could've died before you moved in, and is this your only experience of this house? ๐Ÿ˜•
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
isthisreal: Yeah it was really scary, I have never experienced anything like it before!

Frost: Yes, I think so too. Some things are moving, mostly it's stuff disappearing from their usual spot, and then we find them somewhere where it's really not supposed to be. I'm not sure how to communicate with it tho ๐Ÿ˜•

Tonksy: Wow! That sounds exactly like me, except that my mum and my little brother didn't hear a thing, even if their bedrooms is pretty close to mine.

Thank you all for your comments, I really appreciate it!
Tonksy (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
I had the SAME thing happen to me!

I was in my room and a thought someone was tapping on the door (My little brother) So I looked, and knew it wasn't him cause it went on for too long, then I check to see if it was my cat, and he was on the floor next to me, then I said "What?" Cause maybe he was my mom, then it got fast and louder and then I got up out of Bed (Still convinced it could have been my brother, which was obviously false hope) and no one was there, but down the hallway my mom and brother were standing there in shock. Saying
"Whats wrong with Burlioze?" (Cat) and I said, that wasn't him. They all got really freaked out. I am used to demonic activity, so this didn't phase me as much, but I had never seen anything like it before.
Frost13 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
my honest opinon on this thing is that its a pretty strong messed up spirt ๐Ÿ˜ I mean if its able to do all that then its pretty pissed. Now if things are moving then its trying to contact with you. You should protect your self first (not trying to push you in to any thing religous) but then try to communicate with it.
IsThisReal0101 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
Oh wow! Thats would be really scary! ๐Ÿ˜•. & With the banging on the door I probably would have been screaming! I get scared really easily. My house is a little creepy too.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Yeah it did scare me silly! Sometimes I wonder what I would've seen if I'd opened the door...

Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜Š
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Hi Melime, I don't blame you for not opening the door, I wouldn't have either. That and your closet sounding like it crashed to the floor would have scared me silly ๐Ÿ˜จ. Thanks for sharing another great story. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Oh it's no problem:)

I understand, ghost encounters can be scary for anyone at any age!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi Melime. Oh...sorry. I guess I must have gotten your story mixed up with a different one. Sorry about that.

My daughter is 17 years old. But it was scary enough for her at this age.

SHELBY ๐Ÿ˜Š
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hello Mustang! I'm sorry to say I'm a little confused, I never said anything about a little girl ๐Ÿ˜Š
Oh, sounds like a scary experience for a child! Sounds really odd indeed. I hope she doesn't feel scared or threaten in there!
Thanks for your comment ๐Ÿ˜Š
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hello again Melime. What makes you think it is/was a little girl? Was it because it was like a younger sibling getting into your personal things and then being clumsy about it and knocking it over or breaking it? Have you ever heard a childs voice in your room/house? My daughter, for years now, has had things moved around in her room. Especially at night, she would here things being moved or out of the blue she would here things rolling off of her night table or dresser after she had been settled in bed for a good while. She would be the only one in her room. She never uses her ceiling fan, no windows open, no pets in the room, etc. You understand. It does seem explainable but we live in a one story, concrete/block home so it's not like it isn't level or anything. Strange. Thanks for sharing.

SHELBY ๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: