You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unexplained

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained

 

I have never talked about this with anyone since it has happened.

About 20 years ago I went with my brother and a couple of his friends to an old barn just outside of town that was supposedly being used a satanic church. There was nothing but cornfields on the right side of the road. On the left side there was old farm house with an old graveyard to the side of it. As we passed that there was satanic writing all over the road. Just off the road past the graveyard and farmhouse was the barn. It was pretty covered up with weeds and brush and was barely visible. As we got closer to the barn, you could see there was writing all over it as well.

I was only 15 or 16 at the time so I wasn't about to go inside this place. I went back to the car. My brother proceeded to go inside. His 2 friends went back and stood by the car as they weren't about to try to go inside either. This was a pretty isolated place and we hadn't passed a car on the way there for miles. It was pretty late at night as well.

My brother was gone maybe a couple of minutes when we saw headlights coming up the road. We yelled for my brother to come out so we could leave. We were all on edge anyway just being there and now there was a car coming down the road. My brother came out and we all hurriedly got in the car and my brother took off back in the direction that we came which was directly toward these headlights. As we got closer the lights got brighter. When we got about 50 yards from the lights... They vanished. There was no turnoffs, just this old farmhouse, graveyard, and cornfields. The lights did not turn, just vanished. My brother said there was pews in the barn and was set up like a church. He said it was pretty dark so he couldn't see much.

I have tried to look up hauntings in Reily Township, Ohio but the only thing that I have found so far was one sight that said many of the graveyards in this area were haunted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sharp3003, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
ghost_luver101 that is a very silly thing to say. I think people joke more about their reactions than the ghosts themselves. You sound pretty young so your comment does not surprise me.

This comment from ghost-luver101 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Yeah there is a lot of spooky places around here zz. I just found out that I live a few blocks away from the Ruppert house. Home of the deadliest home shooting in American history. I could walk to that one which is supposedly haunted, but don't think I will.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Sharp: There's a lot of spooky places in Ohio... Unfortunately for the "ghost hunter" in me, I moved to Las Vegas many years ago, and Nevada doesn't quite measure up!...Although, we DO have Area 51, which is an adventure... Maybe in the future, I'll get to visit some of the places in Ohio mentioned on this site...

I have to say, I don't blame you for never returning there!...I think I would have had to clean a big mess from my pants! 😆 ❤
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
I was pretty young (14-15), so this was a 20+years ago. I don't believe that the Amish would put this on the road, however. Never went back after that nor would I at day or night. The lights vanishing were the most bizzarre part. There was nowhere for a car to turn off that we wouldn't have been able to spot.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Sharp: Reily Twp is in Butler County, correct?

Http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B873.html

Http://www.chrisholmhistoricfarmstead.org/index.cfm?page=history

Http://www.archive.org/stream/.../historyofmennoni00grub_djvu.txt

So, you see, Amish and Menonites are a big part of the history of the entire Western Reserve...Again, I'm not saying that I disbelieve your account, only trying to give an explanation for the pews in the barn...

Could you give a better description of the symbols?...Either way, I bet this is a pretty spooky place!...Have you ever been there during the day?...Sometimes our "day" eyes see things a lot differently...
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
There was a lot of symbols that is associated with the satanic cult written all over the barn and the road leading up to the barn just past the old farmhouse and graveyard. There is no history of Amish ever living in this area.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Sharp: Being from Ohio, I know there are a lot of Amish and Menonite roots... The Amish held their church and Bible studies in their barns, hence the possible explanation of church pews in the barn...Also, the Amish are known to paint their barns with what has become known as "hex" signs...Here's a very informative article:

Http://www.amishnews.com/featurearticles/storyofhexsigns.htm

Now, I'm not trying to discredit your experience, just offering some insight into the visuals...It's possible that the house was an abandoned Amish farm? ❤
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
May I ask how you identified the writing as satanic? Was it the words used? I'm very tired today so this is probably a stupid question!:)
MissJamieAnn (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
there is a local story like that where I live in Jacksonville Florida. The only differece it is a single headlight, a motorcycle
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
I was young and just happy to get invited along with the older kids. My brother is 4 years older than I. There is another similar place with headlights dissappearing just a few miles from this place (The Oxford Light) which I have been to and commented on.
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi,
Thank you for sharing your story with us:)
It was a good idea to research the paranormal history of your town, but I advise you to look for similar stories instead.
Actually, you can find a similar "case" not so far from your home, in Ohio:) called the Elmore ghost rider. You can search and form your own opinion on it. You would also find other "ghost headlights" accounts that may be worth a look.

I have to aggree with Bioweapon and Shelby though. The fact you were visiting this satanic place of worship, in which there probably were rituals of a kind we don't want to be aware of and some sort of spiritual atmosphere that might be dangerous for you, may lead a guardian or a benevolent entity to persuade you to go away.
Being logical, the "headlight" form is well chosen. Your curiosity lead you there, where you shouldn't have been. Like someone peeping in a keyhole, you did not want to get caught (would have be awkward I guess XD) so what would have work better than actully making you believe you were going to get caught by someone driving by?;)

Take care, you and your bro.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hello Sharp3003. That sounds really creepy. Of course, anything that has to do with satanic worshipping would be really creepy. At least to me. Pews in a barn set up like a church? It sounds to me like something from that movie "Children of The Corn". 😨 Bioweapon could have something there. Maybe the car WAS coming to chase you out of there before something bad happened. But... What would this ghostly car have done if you were not afraid and didn't leave? Who knows. It may have disappeared before it got to where you guys were parked anyway. Thanks for sharing.

SHELBY 😊
Bioweapon (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Wow, interesting story.

It looks to me that maybe a spirit guide made the headlights appear knowing you guys would flee, thus protecting the group from something that may have occurred otherwise.

You never know.

What were you guys doing looking in an old satanic place late at night for anyway?
Each to their own, but that would be enough for me to have a panic attack!

❤ Bioweapon

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: