You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Ghost In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The Hallway

 

Like my first encounter, my second encounter with the supernatural world came aboard The Queen Mary. It came about a year later and was not nearly as 'gentle' as the first one.

My roommate at the time and I decided that we wanted to go down to the Queen Mary for the day. I had seen a dress in one of their boutique shops that I had wanted to purchase and saw no reason not to go down there. After purchasing the dress, we ended up wandering down the two main hallways where the guest cabins are on one floor (I can't remember what deck we were on at the time) there are two main hallways running side by side with smaller hallways interspersed along their length connecting the two. For an active hotel, it was really quite silent. We didn't pass anyone in the hallway neither coming nor going.

We passed by one smaller hallway, and then came upon a second one that from the beginning to me just felt 'different' I had a small handheld camera with me. Looking at the light bleeding onto the wall from a wall sconce with just my eyes, I couldn't see anything. But when I looked through the viewfinder of my camera at the same spot, I could make out the face of some sort of creature. It was a little disturbing to me, and I asked my roommate to look in the viewfinder and tell me if she saw what I did. She didn't. We continued on our way down the hallway a little bit further, and then turned around to come back.

Passing by the same hallway, I didn't look in it, but kept walking. As I passed, I could 'feel' with absolute certainty something 'fly' or 'float' out of the hallway to follow me. I say fly or float because I got the sensation that whatever it was, it was not walking. The further away from that hallway I got, this black weight settled onto my shoulders, like it was trying to prevent me from leaving. Fed up with it, and gathering up my courage, I stopped, took a deep breath, and said "I acknowledge you're here. I acknowledge you're trying to contact me, but BACK. OFF." I said "back off" quite sharply because whatever it was, it was not friendly and wouldn't respond to anything that wasn't a firm desire for it to leave me alone. Seconds later, the weight lifted and I felt as if I could breathe again. "Thank you." I told it, and continued on my way leaving the hallway. The entity did not follow me and seemed to choose to stay in the hallway where I had encountered it.

Other hauntings by Scribs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Scribs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Hi
I would be freaking out if I saw something like that.
I love going to Queen Mary I have had many experiences there but nothing like your encounter.
Prettydemon (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Hey mustang,
I was about to say that it was creepy and ask if it was demonic face but you just read my mind! So I guess I'll go with you!

Prettydemon 😊 😊 😉

This comment from Prettydemon is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Scribs (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
It was strange because just as I passed that hallway, in my mind's eye, I was looking through the eyes of what ever it was that flew out of that hallway behind me. It didn't last very long, but enough that as it ended, the black weight began.

Shelby, I really don't know how to describe it beyond a 'creature.' it was absolutely non-human, that's all I know. It does feel very invasive. I just consider myself lucky that this one listened to me and backed off when I told it to.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
I have read both of your stories and enjoyed them very much. The Queen Mary has always been on the top of my most interesting haunted places. I hope one day to take a trip to Long Beach and take the tour. Thank you for sharing your experiences. 😊
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi Scribs,
This encounter sounds very creepy. I do like the way you handled the little beastie though. I call that 'momspeak', that "I will turn this car around if you don't knock it off" tone of speech, that once it was directed at you, you knew it.
Thanks so much for sharing 😉
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi,
Thank you for sharing. I have not read your first story yet, but what you told is very credible.
Reading your experience made me thought sometimes there is more than meet the eye. We can rely on our senses, but our feelings can also show us what our senses can't.
Anyway, luckily the presence left you when you told it to:)
Take care
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi Scribs~ That's really freaky that you saw that creature face through the viewfinder. Was it like a demonic looking creature face? Well, I guess anything that you would describe as a "creature" would have the characteristics of a demon. Lol. I know what you mean when you can feel "their" presence. It can feel very invasive. I have had feelings like that. Last week I felt a presence and I had to do the same as you did. You couldn't see it, but you could feel it. It's almost, to me anyway, like a staticy, low vibration type of feeling. You know it's there, you deal with what you are feeling from its presence but it just won't leave you alone until you speak out loud and say, "Okay I am aware of your presence, but now you are making me very uncomfortable so you need to leave." At least this is what I have to do. Very rarely though. To me, it feels like they are imposing their feelings on me. And what I hate the most is when you feel like you are being watched but their is nothing there. Sometimes it feels like "they" are watching me so closely, that I could feel the breath on my neck if "they" had any lungs to breath with. That's when I'm like you, and I do actually say, "Back off, I've had enough!" Lol. Well, good for you. You told them to back off and they left you alone. That's definitely a good thing. Thank you for sharing another good story.

SHELBY

❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: