You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Strange Apparition In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Apparition In My Room

 

It all began when I was a kid; I lived in a small house in an estate with my mother, father and my baby sister. I'm not sure what age I was but it would have been when I was in school in junior infants. My mother used to always say to my father that she thought I was possessed jokingly mainly because of the stuff I would say to her each morning when I got up for school. I would say things like Mother that man was in my room last night again to Oh that man wanted to know how you were keeping. She never really took notice of this mainly because I was a kid and she just had the frame of mind that a kid would probably have an imaginary friend.

On this one night I went to bed and again the man came in to my room and sat on the chair opposite my bed, I don't really remember what he looked like only the silhouette of him sitting there. The man told me something this time.

My Mother collected me from school the next day and once again I told her that the man was in my room again and he wanted me to tell you that she had a photo of him and she was to show me him. He said that it was at the back of her wardrobe.

She still passed it off, but when I got home I ran in to her room and began searching through her wardrobe whilst my mother looked in shock. I climbed up in to the top of the wardrobe and pulled out a bag and began searching through it, I finally pulled out a remembrance photo of my Granddad who had died went I was born and who had never got to see me. I showed it to her and she just went pale white in the face and began shaking. She had to ring my father to come home from work, she was frightened.

My mother then told me that evening that the man who had been in my room was my great Granddad and that he died a week or two after I was born. My mom went on to explain that she had been speaking to him when she had first given birth to me and he kept saying to her that she was to visit him but he had died and had never got to see me.

My Granddad never ever came back again in to my room because now I think he was finally at peace. Up to this day both of us are interested with everything to do with the paranormal because we now know there is so much more to it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saronamith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

saronamith (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Hi, I haven't been on this in ages, Miracles51031 I learned a few years back that my mother had a brother that had died that I did not know about! So one night I was in my granny's house and I was thinking about it when I was up in my other uncles room (I was in bed). As I was thinking about it I heard a voice say something, I can't remember what the voice said but I think it was hello or something like that. I ran downstairs crying to my aunty I wouldn't tell her what had happened but she just hugged me cause I was petrified
I know this probably sounds far fetched but these two incidents stand out in my memory.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
saronamith,
I love your story, it's so sweet and sentimental. Your mother's reaction just made me smile. And the fact that the two of you are interested in the paranormal because of the proof that was delivered to you both in that photograph just makes it that much more special.
Thank you for sharing this with us. ❤ 😊 ❤
omgacob (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
I VERY much enjoyed this story:)

My Grandma told me that when I was born in 1996, my great-grandma came to see me and my twin brother. Later night when they were driving home, my Great-grandma told my Grandma,"Now I have seen my future". A week later, she died.

It gives me peace to know that she is watching over me (:
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
my friend's son recently did something like this. He was speaking to the spirit of his great grandmother and gave her a messege from her about how proud she was of her, and how sweet of a little boy she was raising. Unfortunately he has had a little boy and little girl visiting him and they scare him. Poor little guy. He has only just turned 4.
I loved your story and thanks for sharing.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
I really enjoy reading these kinds of experiences. It's nice to hear about family members coming back to visit their loved ones. 😊
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Saronamith, that is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing your encounter with us. 😊
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Doesn't sound like you were scared of him at all even before you knew who it was. Nice story.
yelii (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
This is such an inspiring story. It's just so sad that you never got to see him when he's still alive. Anyway, thank you for sharing your story ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Saronamith - that was a very sweet story. Have you had any other encounters since your Grandad?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Very interesting story. 😊
It's nice that he got his wish and was able to see you. It's also pretty cool that he made your mother a believer. Thanks for sharing. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: