You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Happenings At Grandma's House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings At Grandma's House

 

My Grandparents live in a small two story house in Livonia, Michigan. It was built in the 1950's. They have lived there ever since my Mom was 7 years old, and she has experienced many strange and unexplainable things there.

Ever since I can remember going there, I have gotten strange feelings like I'm being watched even when I was in a room alone. Some rooms I can feel it stronger than in others, but basically, I think the whole house is haunted. The rooms I feel have the strongest energy are the guest bedroom, the entrance room, and the entire upstairs. (a playroom, my grandparents room, and a bathroom.) I am not the only one who gets weird feelings in those rooms, my Mom, brother, and cousins feel it, too.

One of my first experiences there was with my cousin, when we were 7 years old. My cousin, my Grandma and I were all playing the card game Uno at the dinner table after dinner. There is a small space between the staircase and the wall in the kitchen, where you can see into the living room. My cousin who was sitting facing the wall saw out of the corner of her eye a white figure of a man dancing in the living room. She didn't tell me about it until after we finished our game of Uno, But I believed her because we knew it could not have been our Grandpa, because at the time he was at work, and the only people home were us and our Grandma, and we were all in the kitchen.

That night, My cousin and I went to sleep in sleeping bags on the living room floor, because sleeping in the upstairs playroom or the guest room creeped us out. As we were trying to fall asleep, we kept hearing noises coming from the kitchen, as if somebody was sliding a cup or a plate across the kitchen table. We were a little creeped out, but we tried to ignore it and hid under our sleeping bags.

In the morning, we told our Grandma what we had heard last night, and she didn't want to scare us, but we begged her to tell us if she had ever had any weird experiences, so she told us. She said that from her bedroom upstairs she can sometimes hear noises that sounded like the cupboards opening and shutting, when nobody was downstairs.

My cousins and I still hear noises from the kitchen and get creepy feelings in the guest room and playroom, but my most recent experience there was last November (2010)

This time my cousin that is closest in age to me was not there, because she was at her other grandmas house in Tennessee. It was just me, my younger brother, and my two younger cousins. We were all playing in the upstairs playroom, and we eventually got bored of whatever game we were playing, so we decided to try to talk to the ghosts. We thought they might be friendly since they had never done anything harmful to us. We all sat in a circle on the floor and tried asking questions, but we didn't hear any answers.

Then I had another idea. I put a doll on the window cill and said: " If there's anyone else in this room with us could you please knock this doll off of the window cill?" Right after I said those words, my cousins and I just looked at each other, like "do you feel that too?" After that, we all ran downstairs to eat dinner. When we came back, the doll was off the window cill, and on the floor about 1 foot away from the window.

That was about all that had happened to me at my Grandmas house so far, but my Mom has many other stories that she might post on here soon. Thank you for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nyannyan87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lemonchan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
ya the figure in the living room looked friendly to her, and since other rooms creeped us out, it didn't really make much of a difference where we slept.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Thank you Lemonchan,
It certainly does sound spooky, especially when your cousin saw the figure dancing in the living room and then you guys slept there anyway. Pretty brave of you.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Thank you for sharing, that was a nice story lemon-chan 😊

Aya is sleepy *yawn* I have just seen Freddy Krueger on t.v LOL! He looks like Voldemort minus the burned face...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: