You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Phoenix Is Saving Me

Real Ghost Stories

Phoenix Is Saving Me

 

I am currently 20 years old and 5 months pregnant. The chosen baby name is Phoenix, and I seriously think Phoenix has been protecting me from all the horrible things I have experienced in the past. Ever since I can remember I always loved hearing my grandmothers scary stories, they were mostly about demons and horrible creatures that roamed around Veracruz, Mexico, which is where I was born and is famous for having the most witch populated town in all of Mexico.

My grandfathers mom was a witch, she set spells on people and did odd cleansing and always knew of things before they occurred. My mom always told me how she would always say she would have certain animals to protect over me, and its weird how at least twice a week I don't fail to see owls and deers.

Many people think I'm paranoid and its just coincidence but not many people see owls out in the open at 4pm by a McDonalds. Anyway, ever since I was around 8 we moved a lot from house to house and I always had trouble sleeping and I was always way to scared to go to the bathroom at night I always felt a strong evil presence following me, even on the school bus. I started to experience what everybody calls sleep paralysis at around 10. It was the scariest thing ever but within 5 minutes or so it would go away. I would tell my mom how much it scared me to death but she never made a big deal out of it, my grandmother however did not think it was a good sign.

It was a 3 times a month regular routine until I was 15. I started to feel tiny bugs crawl up my body and voices whispering my name and laughter and it drove me crazy. I didn't know what to do, I mean what could I do? I was experiencing this while wide awake. When I turned 19, it got so much worse. I would start to see figures move from the corner of my room, one time I saw what looked like a cloaked arm with a long thin hand reaching towards me and right next to the arm was what looked like a grey owl, again I was wide awake and couldn't move or talk or anything.

One week after the arm incident I was falling asleep and then my boyfriend when to visit me, we got into an argument of which I don't remember the reason, but I do remember crying loudly almost screaming, and trust me I'm no cryer, I blanked out and woke up in the emergency room with the nurse asking if I wanted something to drink. I thought I had fainted and that's it, according to my boyfriend I had apparently kept crying, laughing, and talking about why didn't anybody know me and making weird sounds with my throat, yes I know sounds too weird and fake but it happened. I didn't believe him all too well but my mom had been called to the hospital and she is a nonbeliever of all paranormal things and she said I kept giving her a mean look and grin of which I don't remember at all.

A month later I had sleep paralysis again but this time I felt something drag me around the bed and when I was able to move I realized I was on the other side of the bed. Ever since I found out I was pregnant I don't get sleep paralysis anymore and I don't feel followed, I am curious to try the ouija board but I'm not so sure if it was a good idea. Please don't preach to me about religion, any helpful comments are welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, susu17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
maybe it has something to do with your witch ancestry, thanks for sharing your story... And congratulation on your baby, do take care

-AYA is scared of witch = = they have bad reputation in my country...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: