You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Ghost Hunting In Heiau

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunting In Heiau

 

I have been involved with a group that promotes spiritual awareness for the last year and it has been amazing! I have learned so much during this time about myself and ALL those around me. We take field trips, we do talks, we help people understand, and we seek haunted places in Hawaii.

We had recently taken a trip out to a Heiau* because a sensitive told us that what we seeked was beyond the lo'i kalo, or taro fields. We had been there before on an excursion, but we never mentioned that to the sensitive. Our first time there we felt the energy that surrounded it, but never caught any solid evidence on film or recorder. On this trip we had more direction, and with that we knew exactly where to go.

My brother in law insisted on coming with us because he always wanted to go ghost hunting. I said he could join us as long as he was on his best behavior. He agreed and fully remained on his best, which made me very happy. We made our way down the path, hopping over ditches and dodging rotten fruit, frogs, and mud spots. As we approached a clearing, my brother in law and I stopped suddenly.

We both heard what was a child, boy, let out a playful giggle near the brushes edge. We looked at each other and I asked if he had heard that. He agreed that he did so we went off the path to follow the sound. On approach we both heard a man in a scolding type of voice. It seemed like the man was upset that the child's voice got our attention. We then decided to move on.

At the end of the path was the marsh, Kawainui. The three others in our group had caught up to us here. We did some questioning and took some pictures. It was a very peaceful evening so a lot of what we caught on voice recorder were the sounds of frogs, fish, and mongoose. We finished there and headed back up the trail.

When we got back to the area where we had heard the voices, my good friend said he had a strong feeling about the area as well. He said he had stopped on the way down to snap some photos of that same location. I told him what happened earlier. We then decided to investigate further in and got more than we expected to.

My friend, brother in law, and I were standing at the edge of the brush, just at the edge of an irrigation ditch. Across from the ditch was very dark and very ominous. My brother in law was the closest to the area of interest and he started to ask a few questions. After a short while we decide it was time to go, and as we were leaving my brother in law asked for help.

"Hey man, can you look at my neck?" he told me. I grabbed his collar and shot my light down his shirt. Nothing. I started looking for a bug. None. He said "It felt like something had run up my back!" As he said that three red marks appeared and they moved parallel to each other in a diagonal motion. They were scratches! Three perfect red lines had moved from the left side of his neck to his right shoulder blade. Then there was all this crazy noise!

Apparently a ghost tour bus had just dropped off a group of thrill seekers at the Heiau! They were loud, obnoxious, snapping so many photos it was lighting the whole place up! It was amazing how disrespectful they were! It seemed as if the spirit we were talking to down in the area didn't agree with the people that had arrived just after us, and they let us know by attacking my brother in law.

Hopefully, we can give enough insight to people who visit these sacred areas so they can be on their best behavior, and things like this will not happen. Although my brother in law, who sometimes acts inappropriately, was on his best behavior, he still was the victim of circumstance!

*Heiau - A religious temple used by Hawaiians during ancient times. They are believed to still possess the mana, or spiritual power, of long ago.

Other hauntings by 4d

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4d, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
Thank you for that BMK!

Yeah, definitely come down and check out the many natural wonders of Hawaii!

If you do come down to Honolulu, maybe I could show you a few haunted sites! I'm taking small groups of friends to different outdoors haunted locations to interact with the area. Its good fun!

Unfortunately there aren't any places that allow that type recreation indoors unless you know someone.
BlackMurderknot (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
❤ I love your stories very much... I never thought that Hawaii was an amazing place and has great culture. I hope that we will go and take a visit to Hawaii next year 2015 to take a vacation 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: