You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Guardian?

Real Ghost Stories

A Guardian?

 

I have told you my story of a friend, D, that died in a car wreck and came to visit me in dreams, this is an update.

Last week I had another dream with D in it. I would like to say at this point (as I'm pretty sure I've said before) that I do not have reoccurring dreams, I do not have dreams with people I know in them often, friends do not just pop up in my dreams nightly, so all of this is a pretty big deal to me.

Anyway, D was dancing, not alone either, it looked like my grandmother was standing with him, she looked slightly different then when I last saw her. She has been very sick for many years, but here, she looked like she did before, when she was healthy. He said to me "Don't worry, she's safe." Then he cut away and I saw my relatives crying.

I woke up, it was about 11:30am (i'm a college kid, no class until after noon) I went to lunch like any other day, and didn't think anything of the dream. After I got done eating, I called my mom. I call her daily, so this isn't anything odd either. She proceeded to tell me that she was at the hospital and that my grandmother had died. (Another side note, she is my step grandma, my step dad's mom, and we weren't all that close, although I have grown to like her very much in the past few years) She has been battling cancer and we all knew it was coming, but we didn't expect it and had no inclination that it would happen that morning. The odd thing is that I'd dreamt about her and D the night before, I hadn't told anyone or mentioned it. I never even told my mom. I never dream about my family, or friends and most certainly have never had a dream about my grandmother before that night. I'm starting to think that D is becoming my guardian. I have never, ever dreamed so much of anyone before in my life. Usually I'm the type that has dreams about Sasquatch chasing me or other weird types of things but never the 'normal' "hey grandma what's up?" kinds of dreams. Any comments are welcomed as this whole thing is starting to freak me out a little.

Other hauntings by shamby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
The dreams do not bother me as badly, there was one I had after an experience with an Ouija board and hopefully it will be up soon. But I don't fear them when Dylan is in them. I know he's just trying to talk with me, tell me about things and sometimes show me the future. If my dreams are frightening, its usually because its an entity I don't know.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
The word I was look for was provided my Fergie, it's premonition but precognition is similar.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Fergie got here first! I was thinking 'precognition'

Jav

50505050
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
[at] geetha, the word you are looking for, would it by any chance be premonition?

[at] shamby, please don't be freaked out. You have been given a very precious gift. Keep a journal of these strange dreams, they may be special. In my opinion, this particular dream, was a glimpse into the future - a premonition, as geetha was trying to tell you!
There is nothing to be afraid of, relax and enjoy life... You only live this life once!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
There is a name for that. Where you experience a dream or a vision where you know someone is going to pass; it starts with a P but forget the name. Many people experience it, including me. It actually runs in the family. When I first started experiencing it, it really freaked me out but so far I have been visited only by people who care or cared about me like my maternal grandmother.

As for your question, I believe that D is your guardian of sorts. My believe is that when he died, you were the only person he could get in contact with and you were there for him and this is his way of helping you. Be glad for that because many people don't get that change.
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Wow, I'm like you I normally have really odd dreams like play fighting with one of the cat's at my boyfriend's house... Though in my dream it was a ninja cat haha
Also I have dreamed about things that seem a bit too close to home and have woken up and made a few calls to see if they were real.

Though I like thinking that D might actually start to become your guardian too 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: