You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: 2 Year Old Grandson Seeingtalking To Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

2 Year Old Grandson Seeingtalking To Ghost

 

My Grandson just turned two in November. After Xmas he began having conversations at both the day care and in my home.

Our house I bought new, no one has died here. He is not afraid. He follows this "entity" around the house... Then sits and has conversations with it/her/him. Then will come back to either granny or me and sit with us.

Randomly, and without provocation, he will notice something and get up and go into other room and sit and carry on random, sometimes inaudible, conversation. Nothing scary... Just talk. At no apparent time, he will get up and come to his mom, me, or granny and sit in our laps... And state "ghost is asleep". He does this at his day care, also. He is not the least bit scared and enjoys the interaction.

This began like all of a sudden, no trigger. You can be sitting talking to him, and out of the corner of his eye... He will notice, what seems to be movement to him, and get up and spend 10 minutes to half an hour speaking to It/her/him. He sometimes stands up and follows whatever it is... To another location in the house and continues his interaction. Not scary, at all, just trying to understand his mind-set. He will talk to mom, dad, granny, or me about the ghost... But in very generic terms.

Once he got up, after 30 minutes of talk with it... And came and sat in my lap... His only utterance was "ghost asleep"...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kojak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mercurychild (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
My son is 2 years old, one morning right after he had woken up still lying in bed he pointed at the bedroom door and said "Baby." So I said "A baby? Where?" He pointed at the door again and said "Over there." I believed him with all my heart because he had just recently learned what a baby is and what they look like so I know he didn't just say baby for no reason. ❤
draaq2616 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
i believe children see things of all kinds from a recent expirience I had 😁
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Your Grandson is very special. I understand your worrie, as my mother reacted the same way when I started to talk about Mary (a little girl that died horridly of phamonia in my "growing up" home.) when I first started to talk to and about her. I would watch him though and let him know that not all ghost are ok to talk to. Just like the living some are dangerouse to talk to or interact with.

Having him describe the person he's talking to might be helpful only in the way of you knowing what the person might look like. If, like you said, the house is new, it might not be the land but the boy their attrackted to. In this case, like me, there will be more, a lot more.

Good luck, and congradulations to all of you. Oh and one more thing. Support. He's going to need Grandma and mom and dad to be his support wall if he is a meidium. Just be supportive, there's not much else you can do, but sometimes, it just takes a kind word and an open ear to make something better.
assie (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
its lovely to hear that! My daughter is coming up for 3 years old. And she has been tellin me about and angel, she said it looks like a butterfly! She was telling me that's they dance together and it looks after her. Its so nice to know that there is someone there protecting her. 😊
Grace2k11 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Ignore people saying how your accounts fake just because he's two and calls them ghost children call things diifferent names such as some people say stories and others say tales.
You should try and get him to tell you about some of the conversations or to draw his friend, great story and good luck! 😊
cookie123 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
(to) jhontravis
That might not be such a good idea to ask it certain questions. It might tick it off and then it wouldn't be so peaceful. Be careful. It might not even be a ghost... It could be something like a demon making itself seem like a ghost to your grandson. Don't be too frightened because to me it seems neutral if it happens all the time. Just ignore it unless you see him get uncomfortable, but it seems to me like he kind of enjoys having conversations. I wish I could talk to a ghost, but sadly I am just an average person.
AnimalAngles (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
When I was little I had a "Friend" named Dana. One day my mom went to a physic and the physic started talking about my "friend" Dana. She told my mom that Dana was a ghost who one day found out I could she and hear her, so she wanted to talk with me. I still think Dana talks to me still hoping I can hear her and sometimes at night I think I can. I think the same thing as happened to your Grandson, some ghost found out he could see it so it stayed with him.
Best of luck! 😁
ghostslaya (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
seems like your son has a guardian angel... And he is acting like a normal child?
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
It's possible that this entity has referred to itself as a ghost when talking to your child. Maybe that is why he calls it ghost. But I strongly agree with Moongrim. I think it'd be an interesting experiment to ask the child to draw/describe the ghost to you. Maybe gat him to ask it certain questions to see what response you get?

John
midnight1105 (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
If your son is interested and not scared by this 'ghost', he should be ok. It's great that you are keeping an eye on him and how he is interacting with his new friend. Keep this up and look out for any changes in his behaviour. Maybe try sitting down with him and just asking gently about the supposed ghost and what it looks like. The more you find out, the more you learn! Hope this helps! 😊
jeaneen19 (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
😲 WOW THAT WAS GREAT! MY 1 YEAR OLD SISTER TALKS TO GHOST ITS FREAKY SINCE WE LIVE IN A HAUNTED HOUSE! 😁 IM SO GREATFUL THAT SOME BODY ELSE IS HAVING THE SAME EXSPIRIENCES!
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
It could be the third man phenomenon. There is a fascinating book by John Geiger on this subject, and there's lots available on the web, too. Basically, it describes a state of mind, usually brought on by extreme situations, but also sometimes seen in children and with certain brain injuries (it is reproducible in a lab by stimulating a certain region of the brain), in which the subject perceives another person when one could not possibly be present. Some say it's an angel or guardian spirit, some say it's a projection of the person themselves, and some say it's just a brain function. Whatever the explanation, it seems to happen naturally when people are under stress and to be helpful and encouraging to them, and in no way negative. I don't know what to make of the "sleeping", though.
Yomi (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
Wow, that's interesting!
I hope you'll keep an eye on him for any drastic changes in behavior. This could be innocent (honestly, it very well could be nothing at all), but it may also be a bad spirit attempting to befriend the boy. You never know...
Good luck! 😊
wiccachic (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
I have to say that's pretty intresting when I was that age I had a ghost that tried to kill me! Sorry back to the subject 😊 but I have never heard of a child of that age speak a ghost in that way
ams112700 (27 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
Ghost man he is a smart two-year-old! But congratz on the new house 😊 ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Kojack: Yeah, I was as blown away as WB about the word "ghost" being used by a two year old... Do you have conversations in his presense about the paranormal?...It's just that that's not a common term for a child his age... Most would refer to an entity as a "friend", or something more familiar to them... I don't think it's a cause for concern, just pretty cool, in a way! 😊...

Also, even though your house may be brand new, the land it's built on has been there for a very long time, and has probably seen a lot in it's lifetime... So a building can be haunted by spirits that have inhabited the land before anything was there.

I think it's good that he's not afraid... But I would keep an eye and an ear out for anything unusual or out of the ordinary with his conversations (I know, right? 😆) or his sleeping patterns...

Keep us posted! ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Perhaps you can have the child draw the 'ghost' in the way he perceives it. So that you can get a notion of what the 'ghost' looks like and what exactly a 'ghost' looks like when asleep.
whitebuffalo (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Hold up. REALLY? He JUST turned two and refers to it AS a ghost?
I am not trying to tell you that I believe this account is a fake, honestly. It is just that two of my children were communicators from a very young age, and my seven year old STILL does not call them "ghosts".
I must ask this first. How do YOU, and the rest of the adults in his life (with the exception of teachers) handle the situation when he does say something like "ghost asleep"?
Most people who believe in ghosts will tell you that the very young, those at the end of their lives, and animals are very perceptive. Personally, I believe that to be as they are so close to their time IN the after or before life (I believe that before birth, our children reside in "Heaven")
Are YOU OK with his ability, should it prove to BE one and not simply his wonderful imagination?
Thank you.
bobdylanrock2244 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
wow very interesting great story thanks wow I'm shocked and hes only young

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: