You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Room 11

Real Ghost Stories

Room 11

 

My friend and I were heading into another town (Ballarat, Australia) to meet a friend; it was about two hours by coach. We were planning to stay the night and after we had the day with her we chose our hotel and received the keys to room 11. For the first hour it was quite. My friend decided to have a shower, as soon as he finished up and returned to the room he decided to turn the light off, I stopped him before he did because it felt like someone was in the room with us. The presence was overwhelmingly strong, it was a dark murky feeling and I knew immediately that it was a spirit or something worse.

By then the room was a thing to be feared I was in the thickest clothes possible, I had the electric blanket on and I was still freezing cold, we even went outside as it was warmer than the room.

After we went back in we decided to try and sleep, we had trouble of course and by this time we were scared, believing things were moving but it was just our heads. I was lying down in the bed still freezing; I then began hearing what seems like distorted whispering voices in my ear as well as a whipping noise, like a stick swishing through air. I asked him if he could hear it, he said no.

I then drifted off to sleep but it was as if I wasn't aware of it, or for a better description it's as if I wasn't conscious a few seconds before I fell asleep. For an unknown time after I fell asleep, possibly seconds or even milliseconds, I jumped out of bed and took a massive inhale of air, it felt like something went into my body, and it was a numb tingly feeling.

I was shaking at that point, I believed and still do truly believe that I was being possessed. Right after it happened I was telling him what I felt and we were checking the room out and in one particular spot every time you walked to the place you got chills and extreme coldness. After we done that we got back in our beds started talking and then I was hit by what felt like a brick but it was of air, right in my stomach, I jumped, I swore and then I jumped in his bed. We were now holding the bible because we didn't know what else to do. What we felt from the bible was also cold air coming from it, the only book of any kind to be emitting a cold breeze. Then we got what felt like a hand moving up and down our arms, it's as if the thing was stroking us. Right after that we ran out and left, it was about 3am which was the reason we wanted to stay as that is supposed to be a bad time.

More happen but I just wanted to keep it short.

This town was a mining town during the nineteenth century, heaps of miners apparently died there.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Magarac, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Magarac (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Hmmm... I'm not being "stalked." And yes it was at a proper hotel.
scary22 (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
i know the idea of being stalked by a spirt or a bad enrgy is scary as hell but I think you should put that in your mind that GOD is by your side no matter what if your a true believer. I mean after all for a real portection beleiveing in GOD is the only way to stay away from these kind of stuff
Magarac (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Thanks! The rest of the things that happened where just smaller things, for example; we went outside for a cigarette and I decided to leave my phone in the room on sound record, a few seconds later after closing the door very slowly, we heard a huge slapping/ banging sound. We had left the bible on the bed, and assumed it fell off. When we went back in, nothing had moved but we caught the noise on my phone.
Also, I can't express enough how strong the presence was, it didn't feel safe in that room. 😕
scary22 (guest)
-4
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
ok this is interesting but I got a lot of info about ghost spirts... I ll share some of them... First spirts are secerts God have cleared that only himself knows about it and actully only God knows about it he didn't allowed us human to know it's way over our ability. He asked to not ask to many questions about it oreals the part of your mind well be destroied by some fake paranormal stuff which is your believe in these stuff... About ghoests if a person got abused in life and died in torture or any kind of villent their ghost will come back to revenge only to the persone who cused the death nothing eals so you should never be a friend or love those persons cuse the ghost get his weak point as a start thank you and I have prove of what I'm saying
yamazaki (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
I agree - I'd love to hear more. Though, that's a pretty freaky experience. Was it a proper hotel, or one of the motels; just curious.
I used to drive down to Coffs and Sydney every year with my family (from Brisbane), and every now and then, there were weird feelings about the motel rooms we stayed in. Nothing like this ever happened though.
Can't blame you for leaving! From the sound of things, it might've been safer (if not just for your nerves) outside.
diana_eldridge44 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Wow! You should tell the rest in another story if you haven't! I want MORE! ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: