You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tapping In My Dorm Room

Real Ghost Stories

Tapping In My Dorm Room

 

This actually happened to me last night/this morning.

I was lying in bed around 1am, surfing through my random thoughts and trying sleep when I hear a vigorous tapping coming from my backpack, which was on the ground next to my bed. It stopped after about 7 seconds. The whole thing was quite random, so I tried to think of some rational, non-ghostly explanation. I was definitely awake at that time, my roommate was in his room, talking with his friends, and I'm pretty sure I don't own a backpack or anything else that "taps" repeatedly. I figured I wouldn't be able to explain it and that trying to figure it out would only keep me up longer, so I rolled over, slapped my backpack just to see what would happen, and then tried to get back to sleep.

At some point during the night after 2am (when my roommate turns off his music and goes to bed) it happens again. I simply waited for it to go away, which it did, and tried to get back to sleep. I lay there, partially awake for some period of time, and then experienced a quick, sharp pain in my back. I have no idea if that's somehow related.

The tapping was definitely real and loud enough to break the silence and wake me up. It sounded like the intensity of the tapping wouldn't hurt someone if they were being tapped like that, but would be more than enough to get their attention.

Thoughts? Explanations? Experiences?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiralsoutof, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
spiralsoutof - I noticed it's been over a week since you posted this story. Has there been any more tapping or have you experienced anything else? Or have you figured out what was causing the tapping in your backpack?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: