You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Can My 2 Year Old Daughter See Things

Real Ghost Stories

Can My 2 Year Old Daughter See Things

 

On the Sunday 31st of January 2011

My little girl Lucy-Jane who is two years of age woke up around 2am as I was in bed myself I brought her into my bed which is the back room of the house.

I went to turn the bedroom light off and she said no mummy don't so anyway I turned it off and I was led there and noticed her eyes were wide open and she was smiling and laughing to herself, I sat there thinking to myself what can she be laughing at this went on for about 10 min's I started saying Lucy-Jane what are you laughing at and it was as if she wasn't there in the room, she was saying ssshhhh there something and was touching her face as if something was touching it. I said Lucy-Jane tell mummy who is there still didn't get anything from her so I said I going to ring daddy as I said that her dad came in from work and Lucy looked towards the window and nodded her head to whatever was there. I rang my mum and asked her if she could tell me what it might be she said it could be a friend that only she can see as I was little I had a friend I could only see mum said I use to say gorge is back.

we have had Lucy-Jane's toys make noises on their own like her keyboard and her little kitchen and our lights keep flashing can anyone help me please thanks Lauren x x x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lauren_sharples, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ohiomomof3 (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
I am currently new to this site and just read your story. I find it absolutely fascinating! Have you ever read any Sylvia Brown books? I am a huge fan and have read almost all of her books... But she has a theory when it comes to children and I also believe this... When children are young they are very open minded... They are not yet taught to be, for lack of better words, "close-minded"... They are very open minded and have yet to understand what they are seeing and experiencing... As children grow, they may have a friend/family member tell them that what they've seen is their imagination or be told that such things do not exist... We have all heard these sayings at some point in our lives and that is where we begin to close our minds and believe that what we had seen or experienced, REALLY wasn't what we thought... Children do not know any better at the age of 2, so what she's seeing is very real to her (and at her age, she can't understand death, ghost, imagination) I have never had my children experience what your daughter has but I would continue to journey it with her... I would encourage her in what shes doing and seeing... None of us will ever FULLY understand what is out there, but if we are able to get even the smallest insight through the eyes of a child... I would hold onto that... Good Luck!
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
My little brother's toys go off all the time. It doesn't mean something is there. Toys do that occasionaly. Trust me, I would know. Sometimes smaller children do see things, so your daughter MIGHT have been seeing a deceased family member or something else.
CountryGirl15 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
But also I think there might be something in your house if things are happening. Most of these things have happened to me as well. Your daughter could be talking to a spirit or she could have an imaginary friend.
CountryGirl15 (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
Maybe your daughter has an imaginary friend. Don't worry we all have them. When she's older her "friend" will be forgotten.

Good luck and God bless ❤
-Leia
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
children are able to see thing most adults can't or I should say won't we are told as we grow up that things like ghosts/spirits don't exist and we are told this so much we start to think its true so we lock off the ability to see them just be thankful that what or who it is your daughter is seeing is friendly and makes her laugh.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
You also saw a ghost while you were a child. So maybe its the same ghost. Try remembering from your past. I know you can't remember all those things in past but still try. Ask your Mom more about you when you saw the Ghost
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
It is quite possible she was experiencing something. I did at her age, and now my son does at two. I am waiting for enough to happen to post, so I dare not divulge yet, but the point is, my bets are she is.
With a two-year-old it can be hard to say, considering my son gets giddy when he is too sleepy and will laugh at me for just about anything at that point.
But then again, there are times, when you just know it isn't you they are reacting to. I would highly suggest keeping a close eye on it for safety sake, and just for personal proof. It is more than likely harmless, but as resposible parent myself, I watch and listen in doorways sometimes.
As most would suggest, keep a log of it, write down when, where, and what happens to see if something happens to be in common. 😁 Good luck, and much love to you and your precious little two-year-old.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Your story was very difficult to follow...

Long story short, yes- I believe children can DEFINITELY see and hear things we can not. Children are not jaded by life. They see and communicatte with what is there.

God Bless!
jukimari (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
well I'm just happy that the "thing" make you daughter happy, in my old house my 2 years old daughter was scream as I don't know what, she was really scared of something in the closet... And she will cry for hours... Just don't worry it is maybe a nice spirit ^^,
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
More than likely.
Two of my children are communicators. It really is no big thing.
From the tone of this experience, I would say that you are having a hard time with either accepting her ability, or accepting that there MIGHT be a ghost there.
How well of a communicator with YOU is she? Are you able to talk to her about it? I personally would not say "Do you see ghosts" but perhaps ask her what her "friend" is like.
Maybe a description, or a feel, or maybe she might even tell you a name.
What is YOUR comfort zone when it comes to this? And what, specifically, is it that you would like help with?
Thank you.
ghostfriend (1 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
1.if this is bothering you try useing a ghost box (can talk to sprits aka evp) or get a 2.preist to bless the house I would say do no. 2 hope your problem gets solved 😊
bobdylanrock2244 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
i think if it happened to you this spirit knows you have a daughter and is making friends with her my mum did this and my brother was sat up in bed talking to something yesterday 😆
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Maybe get a Blessing for the house, or burn some sage. That might help. If it only gets worse then I suggest a Priest. God bless! ~Cait
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
I have four children, all girls, who have in different times in their lives had unexplainable things happen to them. They could see things that I couldn't and as they got older it was easily dismissed as imaginary friends but it wasn't until they could communicate what they physically and emotionally felt better and what they saw that I understood what was happening to them. Not all of their expirances were positive. My daughter, Hope, used to have her blanket stolen at night and it wasn't until I took control and offered help to the spirit that her blanket stopped being stolen. I suggest doing some research. Find out what ever you can by former occupants of your home or get guidance from your religious heads to find out what your options are. Do you feel anything out of the ordinary when these things happen? Are you more alert or nervous when they happen? Knowing more helps you understand what could be the right path for your family to take. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and I hope that you find the solice that you and your family needs. What I've learned the encounters can be positive or negetive either way you have to take control of what is happening.
ams112700 (27 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Maybe you should try talking with her it may possibly help and if that doesn't work mabye you could say something to her like what the persons name is and all this and if that doesn't work than sorry I am out of ideas!:) Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: