You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Our Guardian?

Real Ghost Stories

Our Guardian?

 

We just moved into our house not more than a year earlier. We were getting used to the small town and living in it.

During the year 2007 I was about eleven years old, my little sister was ten. [For her sake, I'll call her Rose.] Rose was ill recently, so she had to go sleep on the couch to fall asleep fully. Later that night, I wasn't able to sleep much, so I walked out of my room and towards the bathroom. I had my hand on the light switch getting ready to turn it on; when out of the corner of my eye I saw a white mist leaning over my sister. [The mist was shaped like a person, and it was floating a few inches off the ground] Since it was out of the corner of my eye, I didn't really think anything of it. I turned on the light, and that was when it hit me that I just saw something leaning over my sister. I quickly turned off the light and looked at her again, but nothing was there. I was so freaked out I went straight to my room and closed the door. It still freaks me out to this day.

My grandfather died back in 2004 of a cancer, and ever since then I've been feeling like someone was watching over me. After that night I thought of him, maybe he was watching over Rose to make sure she was okay.

What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cookieloversdk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
I believe it was your grandfather leaning over your sister that night. It just makes sense. Plus, it was a 'white mist', not a dark shadow. That just says friendly or even family to me.
It's a very sweet story and I'm glad you shared it with us. Thank you. 😊 ❤
Cookieloversdk (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Thanks guys! (: Yeah, I just experienced something right before I got on to check the story. If it is my grandpa then I'm really happy. We have this meter thing [It belongs to said sister, so I have no idea what it's called] and we were asking it Yes or No questions, and if it was Yes to make the meter spike. And every question we asked, the... Whatever it was, got it right on the money. And it said it was my Grandfather. BOTH of them. The night before it also said my Uncles were sometimes watching over the house too.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
I have no doubt it may have been your Grandfather or another passed loved one watching over your sister while she was ill. I wouldn't be afraid of this easier said then done I know lol, have you ever experienced anything else of this nature?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
Doesnt sound bad to me as your sister didn't wake up from the presence also it didn't harm anyone... Proberly was your graddfather:) I hope so anyways:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: