You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Crawler 2

Real Ghost Stories

Night Crawler 2

 

Continuing on with the first part of this story, the crawling demon girl visited me a second time.

It had been a couple of months, maybe 3 or 4 since I had that first unsettling encounter with the girl. Nothing worth noting had happened in the months since I'd seen her. That was about to change, unfortunately.

My father had gone away for the long weekend leaving me and my 2 younger sisters to play house while he was gone. I was 18, Jess was 17 and Sam was 16. We weren't completely alone because my Nana was still home (we lived literally in her backyard). Even then, we were pleased to be left to our devices for a few days. We ate only junk food made an absolute mess of the place and did as we pleased. Life was a party. That party was quickly crashed one night however when an unwelcome guest turned up.

It was after midnight when we all decided to go to bed. Sam slept in my room and Jess and I shared the couch bed in the lounge. Sam is notorious for kicking in her sleep, hence why I let her take my room and I shared with Jess. I was tired but having difficulty falling asleep. Jess seemed to be having the same problem. The room was dark but it was an eerie kind of dark. Not the usual no-lights-on-darkness but a thick blackness as if the whole room was filled with shadow. I thought it a bit strange but I carried on trying to get to sleep. We had been in bed for no more than 10 minutes when I sensed someone was in the room. I could feel someone or something moving around the bed above my head. I sat up and looked about and I saw the demon girl crawling around the bed.

She was less distinct this time but I'm not sure if that was due to the shadow that had blanketed the room. It was definitely the same girl I had seen months before though. She moved much faster than she did the previous time I saw her. She darted around the whole bed but mostly paced back and forth above our heads. I was not in the mood for this at all. As my father was away and we were alone in the unit I felt it fell to me as the oldest to take care of this problem.

I tried to ignore her and go to sleep. Jess was pressed against my back so I shuffled over to give her more room. As soon as I moved, she moved closer. Before long I was nearly falling off the edge of the bed with my sister squished right up behind me. The girl was only inches from my face. She continued running around the bed and lurking above our heads for quite some time. I didn't do much except keep track of where she was as I lay in bed. I was annoyed more than scared. I think my lack of response angered her as I felt the air grow hot and smothering. Her eyes were now glowing red and she kept growling and gnashing her twisted teeth at me. I told her in no uncertain terms to f*** off and leave us alone. She was definitely very threatening now, her stance was hunched low to the ground and she never took her eyes off me. She never stood, only crawled. I cast a circle of light around the bed and one around Sam. This appeared to knock the girl back as she didn't come closer than a metre to us when before she had been only inches from me. It also made her even angrier. I got the impression she REALLY didn't like me and wanted to hurt me. She stalked about the room but I was successfully keeping her at a distance. I fell asleep and didn't wake until the morning. There was no sign of her then.

I asked Jess if she had noticed anything unusual in the night and she said she couldn't sleep because it felt like she was being watched. She said she was quite scared and didn't like being near the edge of the bed. She moved closer to me to feel safer and tried to calm down by telling herself if there was anything there, I'd deal with it. I told her what had gone on through the night and she wasn't at all surprised, she said she had felt someone lurking near our heads. I asked Sam if anything odd had happened in the night and she said no, she had been asleep until the morning.

After that, I would see the girl often in the night. I wasn't disturbed at all by her now. I would wake up in the night to find her sitting in the corner of my room glaring at me. Sometimes she'd have her arms wrapped around her knees and her head down crying. I never felt sorry for her. I would tell her to go away or simply roll over and ignore her. I could feel that she wanted to get closer to me but couldn't for some reason. Something was stopping her from coming near me. She still looked as monstrous as she had when she'd first appeared but I didn't fear her like I did then.

I moved out of the unit and back in with my mother after having lived there for 2 years. When I'd stay over at my father's I'd still see her but far less than I used to. Dad moved 6 months after I did and I haven't been back to that place since. I don't know what became of the girl, for all I know she still crawls around in the night there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpookyEbony, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
PiP: Hey, my 'office' has an open-door policy. 😆 Thanks for the email!
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
D.A. LOL woohoo! By the way, I sent you an e-mail. 😊 I hope you don't mind.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
PiP: LOL! Hey, come step into my office... 😉

Quixoticqt: It's all good, things happen. It just is usually a good idea to read a few of the comments at least, just to make sure the story is legit. Unfortunately we get a lot of tale-spinners here.
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Hry D.A., I'll be one of your patients, babe! LMAO! 😆 ❤ 😉

QT, there is no need to throw a temper tantrum. There are plenty of other places to read actual FICTION, so try to be a little more respecful if you choose to be here. Don't look now- your immaturity is showing.
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
DeviousAngel:

HELLO?!?! Newbie here! I didn't know this. Have patients. I'll learn eventually... OK MAYBE NOT but I'm truly very gullible.

Qt

P.s. I still get scared from people with true experiences even if I don't know there true.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Quixoticq, this site is not for people to "get their scare thrills". It is a community for people who experience real things and need help. This story was a work of fiction that the author abandoned when he/she got figured out. Out of all the real stories on this site, you chose to comment on a fake story? This site is not about how great of an author someone is, it is about discovering the truth behind the unexplainable.
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Even though it does remind me of a character off of "ju on" the writter does know how to write very well.
It doesn't stop me from getting my scare thrills, just to know that someone really did experience this is hella scary.

Qt
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
All in a day's work, Loonies... All in a day's work. 😆 We got the whole team in on this one!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
She doesn't have an account anymore anyway, I don't think we will get to hear from the O.P on this one. I think we nailed this story guys and gals lol. 😉
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
[at] Louslips, You are one of the people I've missed the most. Gawd you have a way of nailing it!
[at] Smokeyknight, You took the words right out of my mouth man! I came back to check if the author had any remarks, still not a word. Guess that answers that question,eh? 🤔
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
I have to go with the masses on this. I'm one of the guys that sleeps with a weapon in case of the zombie apocalypse. So your yurei thing would have at least met my foot upside it's head. I'd be scared to no end, but NOTHING but NOTHING lurks around my family without me swinging on it at least once. Maybe I'd have been killed, but mi familia es mi vida.

Btw... This thread is 2 weeks old and Spooky hasn't been back to comment. Makes me more skeptical.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Morning Lou - what a way to start my day. With a song and a smile! 😆
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Somewhere a clock strikes midnight
And there's a full moon in the sky
You hear a dog bark in the distance
You hear someone's baby cry
A rat runs down the alley
And a chill runs down your spine
And Someone walks across your grave
And you wish the sun would shine
Cause No one's going to warn you
And no one's going to yell 'Attack'
And you don't feel the steel
Till it's hanging out your back

I'm your Night Prowler (Crawler), asleep in the day
I'm your Night Prowler (Crawler), get out of my way
Look out for the Night Prowler (Crawler), watch you tonight
I'm the Night Prowler (Crawler), when you turn out the light...

(I thought since we were retelling others' stories...)

Lou
DCinAZ (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
YEAH RIGHT! (Thank you Darkness!)
You sure do find it easy to go to sleep when some creature with blood-red eyes and gnashing, sharpened teeth is pacing around the bed while you and your sister are trying to sleep.
You know, I fell for this tripe the first time around with the 'Red Imp' saga. You should have left well enough alone. BUT NO! We have to go through this fraudulent mash of overused characters and tired old plotlines.
Cripes girl, if your that desperate for attention, ENJOY! Because you've got ours now!
Ya'll come back soon, hear? We'll leave the light off for you! 😠
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
Is this serious? "The Grudge" all over on this one! Forgive me if this is a true account but it all seems a bit much, has anyone else in your family ever witnessed and experienced this being? Out of the near on 8000 stories on this site I have probably heard about 3 that are similar to this account and believe me they were absolute beauties! Is this saying something hmmmm I just don't know about this one. 😕

Thanks for sharing

Dan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
SpookyEbony - how many sisters and brothers do you have and are they all with your mom and dad? I mean do you have the same parents? Just wondering if this could have anything to do with what you are experiencing, if it's a familial thing.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
deviouaAngel points out what I was thinking while reading this tale. Had it been me in that bed, I would have really freaked out--lost it, for the whole house to wake up and hear/experience...and there is not a whole lot that scares me... 😁
Bit of a fabrication...
What I find a bit funny... Most of us older folks, have lived-researched- this stuff, most of our lives... And a false story is quite easy to pick up
ghost-luver101 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
that was creepy and interesting at the same time. Oh, and just to tell you, you should have asked her for her name and should have tried talking to her when she started to cry. Maybe she just wanted you to comfort her. That happened to me once, and the girl was actually nice, it looked like she smiled when I talked to her! 😊
❤ ghost-luver101 ❤
hayley1cakes (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
This acctually really freaked me out, your so brave just laying there! I would have run a mile, this is a good story cheers for sharing it!:) x
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
Yup. Just like your Little Red Imp epic. Part one, believable, the sequels, not so much.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
It's easy to use the white light circle. That is the easiest thing in the world to do. One doesn't need to be taught that.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Devious Angel. Indeed, now she has powers to invoke a circle of light- with no explanation given. Now the spirit has trademarks similiar to the ghostie seen in the movie 'The Grudge'.

I'm noticing a trend here as well.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Wow. I really like this encounter. You use the same tactic I normally do when something is around. I just cast circles of white light and that's it. Course I will always get a little unnreved in the presence of spirits. She is creepy because she crawls, it is so unnatural and strange. Glad you don't have to deal with the annoyance anymore.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Re:Devious Angel

I think what you said makes more sense to me. I would be very scared if I saw something like that. Maybe the 2nd part is more dramatic since the writer wants us to have some fun. I just can't co-exist with some scared spirit like that.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
I...just don't know about this one.

I read the first part and it interested me quite a bit. I've heard of this type of ghost before, as it is very common in Japan (called yurei, pronounced "yoo-ray-ee"). These types of mostly violent, vengeful ghosts are women or young girls with long, flowing black hair that covers most of their face and white gowns or dresses. White is the signature color of dress because in most of Asia, it represents death and is generally the color that people are buried in.

It seemed at the first part of your story that this could have been the type of ghost you were seeing... Maybe not a Japanese girl precisely, but that type of appirition (I guess it's just another name, like you called her a 'demon').

However, toward the second half, I feel that you only saw her because you expected to see her, and hence, called her to you. The fact that you were so unafraid makes me skeptical. I would have been afraid just to see her, but seeing her go into my father's room? Well, let's be frank--no one goes after my family. Ghost or not, she was an intruder and perhaps could have hurt your dad, you, or your sisters. I don't care how scared I am, my filial protectiveness would have superceded everything else and I would have gone in to check on my dad.

That aside, I'm not criticizing you--but I feel that there are embellishments in the second half of your story to make it more interesting. If someone was crawling around my bed, particularly so near to my sister, I would have thrown a fit. Especially with the threatening way she was acting.

What was the "circle of light" you cast over the bed?

Am I alone on this?
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
I don't know she likes to crawl? It is weired. Are red eyed people are demons? If I were you, if I were not scared of her, I would ask her who she is and why she is here. Just being nosy.
Jemiance (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
I think she just wanted to talk to you, yet you made her feel threatened and came to dislike you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Thank you for sharing your story, I was a little aprehensive about publishing as it reminded me of the film "The Grudge" (sorry). After reading it I had to wonder if your father actually did experiance something similar.

I bet you were glad when your father moved out.

A well written story and thank you for sharing it with us.

Surya

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: