You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost In The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Woods

 

We have been on this website loads of times and finally we decided to sign up. This is our first story but not our first experience so we are sorry if the wording is really bad we can't remember dates when this happened all we know that it was a weird experience. Enjoy!

It was a hot summer day me and friend were making a den in the woods near our house. I was clearing the area that we were going to make the den while she went to get some sticks from another part of the woods. I slowly trailed behind her. I stopped for a while and she carried on deeper into the woods. She was just out of sight when I heard footsteps (nobody was in the woods at that time) walking her way, slowly the pace of the footsteps got faster and seemed like someone was running towards her. I called her name and I saw her poke her head round in the distance she walked back towards me. She was a couple of metres away from me when she froze. I walked over to her to see if she was ok she told me that she felt a freezing cold breeze and something brush lightly over her hand. I explained that moments before I had heard footsteps running in her direction. We left the woods straight away.

We are still to this day afraid to go back into the woods.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hayley1cakes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Hayley,
What you described could be almost anything, both paranormal or just a normal occurrence. I have spent a good portion of my life in the woods, and sounds travel very strangely. I have heard animals approaching in the woods and had them arrive from a different direction than expected because of distortion and muffling of noise from the terrain and ground cover. Possible, but unlikely with regards to the increasing cadence you described.
I could be wrong but I get a sense it could have been an animal spirit, either being curious or territiorial.

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Hayley1cakes - thanks for the update and extra information. It might make things a little different knowing a boy hung himself. Tragic. Again, thanks for providing that info.
hayley1cakes (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Heyy Miracles51031: We know that this isn't a very popular place in our small village so there arnt very many people there.
A 5 minute walk away from the woods is a small park, there was a young boy there that hanged himself on the swing and his friends say that this was a place he liked to go.
Your right it could be someone there, I guess we'll never know if someone was with us in the woods that day:/
hayley1cakes (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Hey DCinAZ: we have been in there a few times and we always feel like we are being watched it's really weird. Some people were camping there once and experienced strange things. 😊 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Haley1cakes - I don't mean to sound like I don't believe your story, but I just want to point out a few things here. I grew up surrounded by woods, actually live there again. I recently had an occassion to walk our 10 acres and let me tell you. Even if you think there's no one around, that may not be the case. Sounds carry. There can be someone that you cannot see but you can hear them and it can sound like they are right behind you. Especially on a summer day. So, unless there are no trees or brush, and you are in an open field, you can't be 100% positive there is no one around.

I really have no explanation for the cold breeeze or something brushing her hand. I just wanted to point the other things out.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Hi Hayley1cakes,
I have to say, this must have been pretty scary. Just you two out there and running footsteps. Did you ever go out there again? Were there any rumors of ghosts in that area before that day. And has anyone else ever had anything happen to them after that, that you've heard of anyway?
Sorry, that's a lot of questions but this story is very interesting and that's why I ask. 😊
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Creepy. A lot of the woodland in the UK is really ancient and was once pretty much all joined up as one massive forest. If only the trees could talk...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: