You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Friends Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Friends Haunted House

 

I have a friend who has told me countless stories of his haunted houses; one of which he moved out of.

At his current house, he has a laptop in the corner of his room, and his bed on the opposite corner of the room. He has told me that almost every night since he moved in, after he puts his laptop into Hibernate mode, he would go to sleep, and wake up at 3 am with the laptop on.

One night, his laptop was on and he was logged into his computer and everything was open; Safari, AIM, iTunes, etc. His brothers were asleep as well as his mom. His door was closed all night, and he's a pretty light sleeper, so he would have heard his door open and close and the laptop turn on. Coincidence?

Also, he has told me about his mom who has had paranormal encounters. His mom was completely wasted and asleep on her bed with the light on and door open. My friend went in to shut her light off and close her door, but his mom was talking in her sleep. He told her to be quiet and go to sleep. She yelled back at him "Be quiet! They don't like it when you yell!" Then my friend went to shut off the light, and she screamed "Turn the light back on! They don't like it off.!" My friend said "...Who's they?" She didn't respond. He yelled "Who's they?!" She said "The people behind you." My friend slowly turned around, but saw no one and nothing. He ran into his room and left the light on and door open. He had to call someone to drive home and close the door and turn off the light for him. Personally? I don't like 3 am. Or ghosts for that matter.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dsze93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dsze93 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
I have another story. My mother told me about this. She also believes in the paranormal. Back at her old house in Ohio, she lived with my little half brother and sister who were too young to walk. In the middle of the night, she woke up outta nowhere. She saw hr bedroom door open. She got up to check it out, but no one was there. Then she checked to see if my half siblings were asleep, and they were fast asleep. Her windows were closed, and her door was closed before she went to sleep. She was the only one awake when this happened.
dsze93 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
Well, my friend is a pretty light sleeper. He would have heard his brothers walk in and turn on the laptop. Several times when I have slept over his house, I wake up before him and go on the laptop. When it starts running, it get kind of loud and it wakes him up every time. So I doubt he would be sleep walking and I doubt his brothers would have walked in, but good guess.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
I agree with Miracles and DC. Computers (if left in hibernate mode) can restart and any program last visited can come up - this has happen to me when the air or heat kicks on or there is a surge in the electrical unit. As for the mom - well she was wasted - and people (even the unwasted ones) will talk in their sleep -there is nothing paranormal about that. This is not saying his house is not haunted - it may be - but I would ask your friend about anymore experiences - that can not be explained - for example - if he hears typing on his computer keyboard - and no one is there - that would be a ghost 😉
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Maybe your laptop has a ghost, not your 'orthodox' ghost but a ghost in the machine! As in artificiql intelligence!? Lol! But on a serious note, TURN OFF your laptop, don't put it on hibernate. That way the AI spookster won't be able to mess about on there! Oops, sorry you were takking about your friend? My bad. Also, his mom was talking total cerap in my view. Too much to drink? Maybe!

I believe in the supernatural world very strongly. But we should not jump to conculsions all the time. Look at all possibilities first.

Cheers
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Hey dsze93, I am going to agree with Dc and Miracles. Your friend's mom could have just been dreaming and talking in her sleep. I have done that sober. LOL! 😆 The computer coming out of hibernate could easily happen by a vibration or slight power surge, but the apps being open is a little weird. Have you ever experienced anything while you over his house? Maybe you should do a little investigation of your own. Plan a night to stay over and see if anything happens. 😊 😉
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
dsze93 - okay, first, I agree with DC's assessment of your friend's mom. You said she was wasted. You CANNOT take anything as paranormal from someone who is wasted. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Now, on to the brothers. Can you be absolutely certain one of them hadn't been up before him and turned on his computer? Rule out all normal possibilities first before heading for the paranormal. Computers can do things we aren't aware of. I'm not saying there aren't ghosts in the house, but I'd check out the other things first. DC suggested sleepwalking. Very good possibility. Maybe your friend should set up a camera to confirm or rule out that possibility.
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Well, I can see a couple of things here that might explain some of his story. His laptop coming out of hibernate... I could see that. But logged on is another thing. I wonder if he may be walking in his sleep?
His mom? She was wasted! She was obviously talking in her sleep.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: