You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Old Woman in a Nightgown

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Woman in a Nightgown

 

About 6 or 7 years ago, I came out of our bathroom and I was not expecting what I saw. I had not been thinking of ghosts or anything scary earlier in the evening and I never believed in ghosts. I do now. I was sitting in the kitchen with my parents and brothers and I had to go to the toilet. When I walked out of the toilet, I saw a old woman standing right by the stairs and my bedroom. She wore a nightgown and curlers and she looked very pale. I was not that scared, because she seemed very calm. I think I was in shock. Suddenly she disappeared.

Then I went in my bedroom for the night and I looked everywhere to see if I could see her. She wasn't there and I went to bed. I fell asleep and when the clock turned 4, I woke up, sweaty and scared. I was in shock. I just fell asleep again, because I was thinking I was just scared because of what I had seen in the evening. I was wrong...

I never slept in that room alone again, because I always woke up at 4, sweaty and in shock. I slept in the guestroom and I never woke up there. I also heard noises from everywhere in the house, but I never told my father, because I thought it would sound silly.

Luckily we moved.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nikita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Yeah ghosts come unexpectedly. It sounds like a ghost they look so clear. Just like normal people really and they are more paler. I have seen ghosts and I have heard voices and noises from some. I know what your going through I understand. It can come as a big shock when you see one cause they come unexpectedly. They can't hurt you! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: