You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis, Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis, Or Something Else?

 

I suffer from Sleep Paralysis. My attacks are not frequent but they are annoying when they hit. I first noticed them growing up in Marysville, Washington. I was 12 then. We lived in a two story house with three bedrooms. My first bedroom was tiny. The walls are blue and the floor dark green. My bed faces the door and I can see into my sister's bedroom a little bit. My first attack lasted two minutes. I was trapped facing my alarm clock. I was scared and slipped into the throes of a panic attack. When it finally ended, I shot out of bed and flew into my parent's room across the hall from my little bedroom. After a few more attacks, my doctor diagnosed it as SP.

Now here is where things go Nightmare on Elm Street. I dealt with my SP and now I was 22 and living in a tiny apartment carved out of the downstairs of the house. Licorice (my cat) was 12 years old and asleep curled up by my side. It was peaceful and I was facing the screen door of my bedroom. To fall asleep, I was counting the flickers of the street light visible through the trees outside my bedroom.

Licorice was suddenly thrown into my closet and the door shut behind him. I found myself flat out on my back. I couldn't move. I felt something probing my body. Licorice screamed from within the closet. I felt as if something malevolent was attacking me and Licorice was trying to get to me. It was as if something was keeping him away from me. During this time, these white flashes started going off in my eyes. Then I was bolting up into a sitting position. Licorice shot out of the closet and all but climbed into my pajama top. He was shaking like a leaf.

I have a strong mind and often have visions of things to come. A trick I taught myself is to shield my mind by visualizing a barrier around my mind. During this attack, I could feel as if someone was raping my mind with light. I felt something snapping when it finally ended. After this attack, my mental barriers come up see through and it feels like something is missing. Any ideas? I know SP but I don't think an attack would scare my cat so bad like this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Catlady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

butterfly_wings (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
I would def say it is not SP. I have had the same thing happen to me since I was 5 and I am now 31. This also has happened to my oldest son a few times. Now my 2 year old wakes up in the middle of the night scared to death pointing towards his closet. All I can say is when this starts to happen pray and keep praying no matter what. This works for me. Plus when ever I get the fealing like something is comeing I start to pray and don't stop until it fades. This 99.8% of the time stops whatever from doing this to me! Good luck! 😐
lizziek80 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
Oddly enough I had a similar attack just a few nights ago and I was scared like nothing before. I have SP every now and then but I hadn't had them for months. This happened around 7 am, it was dark but still some light and I sleep facing my glass door. So I think my eyes were flickering and staring at the door and I kept feeling tingly my arms and my legs and I kept feeling something pressing down on my legs and arms. I could move my hand but nothing else. I have 2 cats that sleep with me and both of them were hissing and making horrible sounds at what was happening to me. I finally shot up sitting straight. It was horrible feeling. I don't know if this was SP or something else either. But anyways, good luck with what you do and take care.
Catlady (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Thanks for the advice! I've been sleeping with a rose scented candle next to my bed. I've also taken up meditation which have both help out a lot. This was two years ago, and I spent a total of six months in that bedroom before finally moving in with my grandmother. I still have my SP attacks, but they are not like what I went through during those six months.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Hm ok heres the deal if your looking for a temp solution Sage the house also you might consider a circle of salt around your bed and keeping wild roses in the house if you sence malevolence that is a bad sign and useauly indicates a hostile entity let me explain the sage is a purifying agent salt has been used as a barrier since ancient times and wild roses because of their struggle to survie put off an enormious life energy I am now interested in this case so please keep me informed if you want to contact me for more indepth informaiton my email is on my profile take care and good luck

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Um...I think this definitely 'something else'. If your cat was propell backwards into your closet, then 'something' is going on. Probing your body? *shivers* Sounds like you are physic. Spirits are naturally attracted to that. With one... Not so nice. Be careful. Pray, picture your barrier, or whatever you think is necessary. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: