You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow In The Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In The Doorway

 

This is my first story so bear with me.

This is my background, I'm from northern Canada, I grew up in Pond Inlet which is the northern part of Baffin Island for the first 9 years of my life, and then we moved to what is known to be the capital of Nunavut, Iqaluit.

When we moved to Iqaluit, the place we were staying at is known as the white row, which is known to be haunted.

I don't remember anything really happening when we first moved there, up until we moved to another apartment (still at Whit Row), it was the usual; weird noises like some one walking or just hearing bumps or bangs on the wall. I thought it was because the apartments were old, until one night I was in my room alone, I saw a shadow that looked like a man who is over 6 feet tall. I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me, so I went to go see my sister to see what she was up to. When I did go to her room, she had a phone call so she had to go up stairs to talk to a friend, as she got out of the room I saw the same man in the door way of her room. I freaked out knowing that what I saw was real and ran up to go see my sister.

Ever since that night I always see the same man every where I go. The thing is he is always on the doorway, never entering the room, until a several years later when we finally moved out of the white row and moved into our current house.

I was in my room just talking to my cousin, and I noticed that he wasn't at the door way, at that same moment in the corner of my eye I saw him in the closet. I knew it was him because it gave off the same feeling when he at the door way,

Here is what I saw; like I said he was about 6 feet, his face was a bit chubby like roundish but vary pale. He had short hair that was shorter on the sides and longer on the top, I think he died in the 90's because he had that Tommy Hilfiger polo shirt that has red and white stripes, also the jeans where the same (had the logo), and what really stuck out was that his neck had a really deep outline of a rope, like he hung him self, I saw every little detail and it really freaked me out and I didn't sleep in my room that night.

I got to see that he doesn't give off that evil energy. I have learned to live with it, I got a lot more experiences but that well be for another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jemai23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jemai23 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
I have many more experences, ill post them when I have the time, I got to say, about the shadow in the doorway, I haven't felt that evil presence or the feeling of fear, I think hes there just to protect me.
Ghostified (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
I am not related to you but this is odd! I have had a VERY similar expierience. I just submited the story ill tell you if it gets accepted or not ok? And another thing... Have you had anymore expiriences? 😆
eva900 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
i've had simliar experiences with ghosts standing in the doorways. It is definetley a tall man but he will just stand in the doorway until I fall asleep. 😕
Coal (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Hey, When I was younger I have had the same thing. But I Never saw who it was. It was just a black shadow of a man.
jemai23 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
i got to say that my little brothers are sensative too, but they haven't mention seeing him, we do see a lot of the same ghosts but this is one ghost I think I'm the only one seeing him, thanks for the comment.

Jemima
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
jemai23: It must have been quite frightning the first time you witnessed him. The description you gave of him was excellant I think you may be on the money with the time of his death, which obviously was by hanging. You mention that he hangs out in the doorways often, this is quite a common trait for ghosts, why they do it I'm not quite sure. Has anyone else in your family seen him before?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: