You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is My Nephew Trying To Stay In Touch With Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Nephew Trying To Stay In Touch With Me?

 

I don't want to sound crazy. I would like to know if anyone can provide answers about what has been happening. I want to know if what I have been experiencing is even possible. Here is my story or information because it's not really a story. If there is anyone that can provide answers I will be happy to read them and take any advice given as well.

My 16 year old nephew died in a car accident last year that he was a passenger in on April 18, 2010. His loss has had a big impact on our family. The neighborhood that he lived in has a light that is always flickering on/off. I feel like he is trying to contact me or let me know he is still around because of that light.

I drop my kids off every day to my sister-in-law's house before school (it is still dark at that time of the morning) and coincidentally the light will not be on until I pull past it and then it goes bright and then goes out again. If it is off and I am coming up to it I say hello to him and I love and miss him and the light will flicker on. This happens daily without fail. If the light doesn't immediately come on when I pass; it will be on before I can get completely away from it so I can still see that it has come on in my rear-view mirror.

My grandfather was into paranormal experiences (heavily) and my mother is also a believer and has claimed to have seen apparitions or had warnings before things were to happen by deceased relatives coming to see her. Before his accident I had a strong feeling of worry for him but couldn't understand why (this went on for several weeks). So I wasn't sure if there was something that I also could be experiencing.

Is it possible that I am experiencing him trying to contact me and that he could still be close around us?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tretavian, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tretavian (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-03)
I just wanted to follow up on here. I forgot I posted this and was talking about this, because it still happens. Other family members have noticed it as well. It has been noticed by people, I have never mentioned it to and would never think they would associate this type of occurance with my nephew. It basically has been said that they can feel him around when certain things happen (basically lights flickering- and once you acknowledge my nephew or tell him you are okay or hello they will turn back on or off). ❤. I know it has to be him because at this point it will be so random, a street light, a random garage light, a traffic light, a utility light, a oil burner light, a bathroom light, and while the last function my oldest son (who was very close attended with him at school was Homecoming- and then he stopped going to school functions after that 😢) we were waiting for my youngest son, and my niece (his sister) to come outside and the lights in the parking lot were flickering on/off like crazy. I am talking about the tall utility pole lights (not anything that can be turned on/off by anyone) and it was almost every one of them to the point that my son said he noticied it and I told him about what I thought was happening (trying not to sound like a fool 😕). With tears in his eyes he told me he noticed little things like that well before then and he wouldn't be surprised if it was his cousin telling him he should have his butt in there with his brother & cousin! That made me smile!
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
First of all, sorry for the loss of your nephew. I know what its like to lose someone close too.
Now, in my view I believe we are far more connected to our surroundings than we realise and the universe connects with us in many ways. I believe your nephew is still part of this universe and the connection you have observed is real. 😊
lola (5 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-02-13)
The only thing in the world is demons. Because the bible says that once a person passes they pass. Thats it! So please don't get too attached with the light! Because its not him. The demons want you to get close to it so it can just take it from you again. So please, please, don't get too attached!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
I agree with SmokeyKnight. If this eases you and you believe with your heart, who is to say you are wrong? You and your nephew were very close and obviously he wasn't ready to leave this life yet-especially the way he did.

If this comforts you and you believe this is him, go with your heart. Make sure though to wish him peace so he is not trapped here and can travel to peace and to the light,

God Bless!
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Tretavian That is what I am here for, and I am glad if this is the case that your nephew was able to contact you, If it is in such a sublte way it likly means he is at peace and is simply checking in with you to ensure your ok and keep contact, as allways I am happy to hear from the posters here and look forward to further corispondence from you if you so wish it. Good luck and may the Gods bless and keep you your family and nephew

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
I really hope everything works out, and I hope you and your family find peace with the events that took place. Just remember him for the positive aspects of life, and he'll always be there with you. You don't need a light to flicker or a picture to move to know he's with you.
Tretavian (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
I guess because it flickers at the times it does and I happen to be thinking or talking out loud to him I want to keep thinking it could be him just letting me know he is still around and ok. But on the otherhand I am afraid the light will get fixed and it will stop. But I forgot to mention other lights all over the place too do flick off or on at odd times, the neighborhood light is just a constant that I like to depend on to get me through the day. Puppeteer thank you for reaching out and I will let you know if anything else seems to happen.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
I will give my opinions from both sides of the coin as best I can.

Things like electricity make it easy for spirits to manifest themselves. So in passing the light pole, it is possible that he's got the strength to cause the light to flicker on.

On the flip side of things, as a former electrician, I can say the possibilities are numerous. Could be a loose bulb, could be faulty wiring, a malfunction on the grid, etc.

My advice to you is follow your heart. If you believe it's him, it may be. It's best not to get attatched to the idea in case one day it stops.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Actauly it is highly possible. Scientific theory tells us that ghosts and spirits use natural energy around them to manifest. Hence cold or warm spots so if they can draw energy its entirely possible that they can manipulate it as well wich could result in the activation of your light. You might want to inquire around the neighborhood to see if any others have experianced this phenomia if not then it is likely to be your nephew. Please keep me informed if you wish to reach me outside the site my email is on my profile

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
I want to say that yes this could be paranormal because you have an emotional attachment to thinking the light could be your relative communicating with you. As far as it being likely not so much. There is a light in my neighborhood that does this too. Only when I drive by does it go on. It behaves just like your light does. I haven't taken the time to figure out why this is.

Sorry

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: