You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Maggie

Real Ghost Stories

My Maggie

 

First, let me begin by saying that ghost stories have always intrigued me but, I have always been skeptical. Until recently. I lost my 7 year old Shih-tzu/Dauschand mix Maggie Mae on 10/6/10. (She would have been 8yrs on 11/3/10) our UPS driver ran her over, accidentally. Her ashes are in my bedroom.

Shortly after her passing, I was upstairs making my bed & I could have sworn I caught a glimpse of her back and tail going around the corner into the hall towards my son's room. I ran and looked and saw nothing. I figured it was all in my head due to me thinking of her so much and crying.

Then my 13 year old daughter said to me "Mom, don't think I am crazy but when I was brushing my teeth I could have swore I felt something brushing my leg and when I looked down I swear I seen Mag's tail going out through the doorway". My heart skipped a beat. I didn't feel scared at all. I actually felt relieved that she was possibly still here in the house with us. (Please understand that my daughter is the BIGGEST chicken and was not afraid of this experience-she couldn't believe her own reaction to it). Since then I feel her presence.

We have hardwood floors through out our home. I hear clicking of toenails often. I have a choodle-Bella and a shih-tzu-Tilly and an all four-declawed house tabby cat named Peanut. I hear this when the other two girls are sleeping in bed. I will hear it downstairs when I am upstairs, etc. Just yesterday, I left the other two girls out to potty and I was online. For at least five minutes I could hear clicking toenails upstairs. I just sat & listened. It sounded like someone running about playing, not constant prancing between the rooms.

I went up & only saw my declawed cat Peanut looking at me like "what's up?" I just smiled and then tears came streaming down my face, in my heart I knew it was her. I know that my Maggie is just letting her Mama know that she is still here watching over us all. I hope she never goes, unless of course that is better for her. I love and miss her tremendously and I always will.

I am so glad that after my experience yesterday that I came looking for answers online & found this site. The stories from others let's me know that what my daughter and I have experienced is real.

Hauntings with similar titles

 

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stacey75, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lulusghosts79 (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
It is amazing not even death can stop the loving bonds we build in life. Our four-legged friends are a part of the family and I believe they perceive our emotions. It is not surprising she comes to comfort you and your daughter.:)
ams112700 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Sorry for your loss 😢 but I hope you will all be alright and I think that she does just want her Mama to know she is still there ❤ 😊 God Bless You And YourCats and Dogs and Daughter+Son
markj7 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
I am sad to hear about Maggie Mae. I know when my Sadie Lou leaves my family,it'll be difficult. I think it's great Maggie Mae is still around the family she loves. Animals really are part of the family and when they feel our love, they will stay around. I'm glad you are able to get a glimpse here and there. Enjoy here while she is here and keep talking to her.
totpokin (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Aw that story made me cry. I think Maggie is still there. She obviously loves you guys, so give yourselves a nice pat on the back for being a nice, loving family. 😉
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
I have my cat Beast still in the house. His ashes are in my bedroom too on my night stand. If I am ever really upset about something I can feel him on the bed kneading and purring. ❤

Your story makes me smile. Yes I think your beloved family member is still in the home with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: