You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bright White Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Bright White Figure

 

We were around the age of fourteen or fifteen when it happened.

Me and my BFF were having out traditional sleep over (every Friday night) only this time we were sleeping at my house. At some point after we were sure everybody was asleep we decided to sneak out and walk to the gas station for one of their burgers. So, we snuck out a window in the basement that was under the porch and headed off. Now normally we would take a right, making it take about fifteen-twenty minutes tops to get there, it was the long way but it was safer because the short way was a freeway.

That particular night for some odd reason we just felt the need to turn left (the short way). We couldn't have gotten past "Jenny's House" when something caught what I thought was only my eye at first. It was an EXTREMELY bright white figure, racing through somebody's back yard. Immediately I gasped and grabbed my BFF's arm (not going to say her name for her privacy). When she grabbed me too I knew that she had also seen in. Our cravings for gas station burgers disappeared as suddenly as they came and so did our want to be outside. We ran back to my house, and entered the same way we left. We sat there for a very long time talking about what we saw and trying to draw it out. I only saw it that once but my BFF saw it again about two months later. Once again we were outside only we were just in her back yard, we hadn't snuck out.

Ever since that first time we saw it we have both seen black figures or "Shadow people". It really scared both of us and though we rarely talk about it, when we do it is clear that it bugs her too. If anybody has any clue as to what we saw could be, please speak up!

Oh, and if it's any help, it seemed to have ran out from the field next to the house.

Other hauntings by hiya_hayz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hiya_hayz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lovegood4567 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-13)
I myself have seen the white figure twice when I was young, it always walked by a window. I have been trying to find out what it was. I was the only one to see it however. The white figure I saw was bright con-paired to its surroundings, and was only a silhouette of a person. I found it a little startling but not scary. I have tried to look into what it is but I am coming up with little to nothing...
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
Hey Lolo,
It was like it was glowing but not giving off light. Imagine putting a small piece of white paper on top of a large piece of black paper. The figure was just a silhouette, running out of the field and into somebodies backyard. Almost as if it was running from something and trying to keep low.
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
hiya_hayz, I've read all your stories on this site and I've found them fascinating and really enjoyed them all! This one is probably the MOST fascinating. What kind of white figure was it? You said it was extremely bright; was it glowing vividly? Could you make out any features, or was it 'blobby'? This has definitely piqued my interest! 😊
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-13)
Im not stupid enough to use a ouija board or try and contact them in any other ways.
Avagalian (2 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-02-13)
Firstly, the "light figure" you saw clearly could represent a guradian angel, orb, etc. And this shadow's you are seeing could just be shadows. Before anyone can jump into conclusions of hauntings you need to be realisitc unless the spirits are trying to conact you by moving an object or etc. Then there is no need to worry just remeber don't contact them or use a quije board that would be very stupid of you.
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
I am inclinded to agree with BadJuuJuu and of course I would also encourage you to do some research. Finding out the history of the neighborhood could prove to be helpful. And, while you both must have been scared at least you weren't harmed. Thanks for sharing. 😊
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
That's possible, I suppose. Though both of us did not particularly enjoy the scare it gave us. And it doesn't explain why it would show up again when we were just chillin' in the backyard.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
Perhaps it was a warning to not sneak out and put both of you in harms way.

God Bless!
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Well, it sounds you had a rather scary, but thrilling night. One you definitely will not forget. But your friend has seen it again. Now shadow people. It sounds like nothing bad has happen to either of you, and not saying anything ever would. I guess... Just keep your wits about you, be careful when you see these 'shadow people'. Maybe leave when you see them. Hopefully that's all that will happen.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
No, it didn't seem to notice us at all when I saw it, though my friend said it was running towards us when she saw it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Did this figure take any notice of the two of you, acknowledge you in any way? Did the figure vary it's routine at all the second time your friend saw it?
Residual hauntings are the most common type of haunting. In these hauntings the "ghost" takes no notice of it's surroundings, and does not acknowledge any witnesses. That it because the "ghost" in a residual haunt is simply a recording of a past event. There is no consciousness present, it's just an event being replayed. If this figure took no notice of anything, just did it's routine, there is a good chance it's a residual haunt.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
I don't know maybe it could be something else like a guardian angel or something

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: