You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow In The Room

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In The Room

 

When I was younger, probably around the age of 15, I lived in a small apartment building with my dad, his girlfriend, and three younger siblings. I used to sleep upstairs by myself and something happened that I never mentioned to my father out of fear that he would just laugh at me. Our house was the old fire house for the town we lived in and was turned into an apartment complex when the new fire house was built.

As I mentioned, I slept in the upstairs portion of our apartment alone and one night after an argument with my dad's girlfriend, I went to bed and just lay there for a little while. As I was dozing of, and by this time it was quite dark, I was looking through the door of the small play room we had and I saw something moving on the other side of the doorway. I sat up to get a better look and the clear shadow of a man about six feet tall and of a rough looking build walked in front of the door.

I didn't know what to think of it at the time but when the shadow turned away from the door and disappeared into the neighbour's wall, I buried my head in the pillows and covered my head with my blanket.

Could anyone tell me what it was?

Was I just angry and seeing things or was there actually something there?

Comments would be greatly appreciated and are welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MidnightWhisper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
Hi MidnightWhisper, I think it was probably the spirit of a fireman who used to work in the old firehouse. I also agree that the argument could have stirred up his appearance, but I don't think he was looking to hurt or bother you in any way. Have you heard any stories from the other tenants?
Avagalian (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-13)
You shouldn'y worry about it I mean if that's the only thing that's happened then it clearly isn't harmful to you.
pogiako2 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-13)
wow...that kind of happened to me once when I was little... But it was a teddy bear... When we were moving I was packing my stuff alone then when I looked at the bear it moved its head towards me and started to climb out of the box on top of my bed...
FRAWIN (24 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
MidnightWhisper, most likely what you saw was a residual. A residual haunting/ghost is merely a playback of something that has happened prior= there is no danger nor intelligence to it. You did say that the apartments use to be a firehouse and fireman spend a great amount of time at the firehouse. What you saw was probably a fireman from long ago. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

FRAWIN 😊 LBC 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
Scarydollarabella: Please refrain from insulting the poster... Just so you know: there is an age limit on this site...

Before you post any more comments please read the Comments Guidelines and Terms of Use at the bottom of the page, under where you place your comment...

Sorry for the interuption MidnightWhisper...
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
In most of the comments that I leave on other people's encounters when they ask for advice or insight I always assume the position of taking matters into your own hands. Do some research. Ask your neighbors if they have had any expirences. Do some research at your local library about the building. If it was a fire house then there have to be public records. I wish I could give some insight or some advice but I believe that every expirence is personal. Have you encountered "off" feelings there prior or after your sighting? I hope that someone can give you the awnsers that you are seeking. Good Luck.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
MidnightWhisper: Here's a link to one of our more esteemed poster's (BadJuuJuu) stories:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9249

Though it's not identical to your story, it's close enough to give you a little more insight into yours... Good comment thread, also...
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
I agree with both comments. Your intense agrument could have attract a spirit maybe that was hanging around, the emotions of said agrument attracted it. It's probably a ghost hanging around. That's all. Just watch and see if you see it again.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
there are countless stories out there just like yours. I recall one, when the shadow walked through the wall into the neighbors unit, the neighbor's dog started going crazy barking... So yeah, seems to be a common happening out there.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Seeing how most hauntings are connected to a tramatic event and the emotional impact of said event, I suppose one's emmotions could attract a paranormal occurrence. Do you think your neighbors have experienced anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: