You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Keep Thinking That My Houses Are Haunted... Maybe Its Me?

Real Ghost Stories

I Keep Thinking That My Houses Are Haunted... Maybe Its Me?

 

First and foremost let me just say I am a 23 year old mother and up until I got married and moved this past 2 weeks, I never felt scared of what I feel is "following" me. I have always had a sense for things, spirits whatever we want to call them. I always had an interest in the supernatural, I loved watching the haunting shows and finding haunted places.

I'm not exactly sure when all of this started. I would have to say first that I lost two very very close family members. My uncle, who was more like a father to me, when I was 5. And my aunt when I was 16. Both sudden deaths. I like to tell myself it's them with me but recently, I'm not sure.

I want to say this all started about 5 or 6 years ago. I started feeling like someone was always standing over me or watching me. I started sleeping with a pillow placed over my back and my head under my blankets. When I was 17 I moved out of my house with my parents and into a house with a friend and my older cousin. I don't remember too much happening in the house we lived in besides the same; someone is here with me, feeling.

After I moved back in with my parents, I lost my room to one of my sibling so I made my room in our basement. I started hearing little things like a shuffle here or there, my TV would go fuzzy sometimes after I had fallen asleep. I started sleeping with the lights on. When I got pregnant my boyfriend started staying with me, he failed to mention he had heard things too until almost a year later. I then moved into an apartment when my son was a little over a year and the people that lived downstairs from me told us that there was a fire in the house and that a little girl died in there, the landlord told us that was untrue but I always felt a little irk, never the less, we were never harmed, I never saw anything either. It was just a feeling.

We then moved out of that apartment and into another one, and still the irky feeling never went away. When I met my husband he was deployed in Iraq, he came home on leave for two weeks and a few days after he came home, his cousin passed away. The night of the funeral we heard something from the other room and he said the whole night he felt like someone was watching him. We chalked that up to just be his cousin messing around with him.

We were married at the end of January and moved into our house 2 weeks ago. The house is very old. I tried to look up the history of the house, even just when it was built but everything I see it just says built in the 1900s. The only reason I was interested at first was because the basement looks like one out of a scary movie, and while we were putting boxes down there we found an old prescription from 1963.

I have felt the irky feeling since we moved in. Of course all the creakiness is the old flooring and the doors are wobbly the slightest bit of wind makes them open and close. Last night my husband and I were sleeping and we were woken up by our dog, who was growling at something in our room. I'm not sure where he was growling or how long because my husband was the one that woke up to it, normally he is a sound sleeper it takes 2 different alarms to wake him up in the morning, so how the dog woke him up is beyond me. Well neither one of us were able to go back to sleep we heard creaking and footsteps. We turned the lights and the TV on, eventually I fell asleep but he left this morning at 515 for work.

Even as I'm sitting here writing this, I'm freezing and feel like someone is staring at me. I have heard banging like car doors slamming. I'm scared that things are going to escalate and most importantly I'm worried that my son is going to be scared or harmed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lululovexox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GeminiGoat (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
lululovexox, you were probably born sensetive to spirits making you more likly to be tormented by malicious beings because they can see you are special in this way. There are also familiar spirits that follow people and their familys for years. From what you wrote, it sounds like this won't go away on it's own. I believe this is an evil being and that you have a serious problem because it is making itself known not only to you but to others as well. Really think about it. Your husband, a heavy sleeper, wakes up to your dog growling at something in the dark, and when the air around you is freezing cold it means the spirit itself is cold towards life. This spirit dosen't want you or your family to have peace. I'm not trying to scare you but it may manifest and get worse, you must do something. Keep a positive attitude towards life and others and don't hold onto grudges or anger, it will feed off of these feelings and become stronger. This spirit may be rooted deep into your life. I don't know what you believe in, but a simple faith in God that he can just instantly cast the spirit out of your life forever can go a long way. I don't know why these things happen to people, but you must have courage and refuse to let this spirit rule your life in any way. I'll say a pray for you tonight, it may not be much but I hope it will help. Stay stronge and safe, God bless.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
hi lululovexox,

My brother has had the same feeling all of his young life! He always felt as if someone was constantly with him, watching him. Now he is a father of three lovely girls and when they were living in their apartement, they had a bad spirit which would cause their first born to become really very scared. Then my sis in law looked up an old ritual which she knew and performed and the bad haunter backed off. I wish you and yours a lots of strength, paryers can do much good indeed.

Greetings,
Peter
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
lululovexox,
While all this is interesting to read about, I'm having a hard time finding anything other than just a "feeling" that you're being followed or watched. I'm not trying to downplay your experience because those are typically the precursors too many a paranormal episode. However, it makes it difficult to give advice about something even you don't sound all that sure about is there.
Have you attempted an EVP session? Or seen any type of movement out of the corner of your eye? Anything come up missing only to be found later in the same spot you've always kept it?
I hope I haven't disuaded you at all, but you must see my dilemna here.
butterfly_wings (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
I know how you feel cause I have had something following me since I was 5, It started out with the feeling of something being there then started to make itself known. I have 3 boys now from the ages of 15, 8 and 2. My oldest started telling me things that were all to familar like when I was younger. And now my 2 year old is scared to sleep in his room, and when he does he gets woken up by something. When I go get him and see the look in his eye's while he points toward his closet I know that it is more then just a nightmare. Since things got worse for me and then my children I started to pray everynight and when I would start to feel its pressence. It is still around but the praying seems to keep it at bay. It hasnt been physical since the praying. I do still see shadows and feel it around but that's even been to a minamal. I have been seeking for what else I could do to stop it all together so when I find out I will be sure to let you know! Good luck and stay strong!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: