You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: An Odd Photograph

Real Ghost Stories

An Odd Photograph

 

What sparked my submission of this story and mainly photo is an episode of "My Ghost Story" that my friend had viewed on the Biography channel this past weekend. It was about a woman that had been harrassed by what was thought to be an incubus. However what was most important about this particular episode is what they caught on tape. They referred to it as a "dancing snake". It can be viewed on youtube in an episode called "The Incubus" and it is toward the end of the episode. Youtube has it in 5 parts. You will want to check out part 4/5 to view said video.

An Odd Photograph

My friend was shocked when she saw this. Upon trying to sell her house for some time, she decided to use a realtor. When they went in to take pictures for the website and brochures, they emailed her all of the pictures that were taken. The attached photo was among the group. She showed me immediately, as she was experiencing some activity in the home. - nothing negative - just obvious.

We were baffled and continue to be to this day. What in the heck is it? I sent it to someone that works in the paranormal scene. He insisted it was altered. I can swear to you that on my end, and on my friend's end, this photo is untouched. I suppose the realtor could have done something to it, but why would they? I cannot find any reason.

It is just suspended mid air. You can tell the auto-focus picked up on the object. It is obvious that it isn't a camera strap. It has depth and looks like it's somehow reflecting light. To me, and my friend, it resembles what is in the video. I have been interested in the paranormal for a long time and have viewed several videos and pictures. I have never seen anything quite like this.

I just wanted to share and see what you all might think. Has anyone else seen anything snake-like?

I think it's creepy!

Other hauntings by winx717

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, winx717, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-07)
Hi, as someone working in a media and 3d company with mainly realtors as customers I would like to add my thoughts to this. It's extremely rare that a realtor take and edit the photos of a house themselves. They are sells men, not editors and photographers. Usually they have a separate company or photograper doing this for them. The process in a company would be that someone takes the photo, someone else edit it and a thrid person quality check it. I would assume a freelancing photographer would also double quality check the photos before deliver to the broker. The broker would then also themselves quality check everything and add room names etc to the photos before letting the end customer see the work. So I really don't see how this could possibly end up at a house sellers end without anyone noticing.
publicways (32 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2016-11-07)
maybe you should be more prepared for this site. I know that you are a better gentleman than this, sir.
nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
Can anyone else see what looks like an orange or yellow face with eyes behing the whole 'snake' thing? Could just be a cushion though! 😜
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
I too will have to agree with Matsaw's theory especially because the photo could have just been blurry so they scribbled on it to make sure they didn't send it off but as they didn't use a bright colour and only used grey they over-looked it.

Thank you so much to the O.P for submitting this story, it is rather peculiar and just shows that seeking a bit of advice to debunk things is a much better read than those claiming something obviously wrong or thought up is real, I would much rather read about people asking for help to debunk their experiences rather than being knocked down when you offer a few rational theories 😁
polarage (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
It will be a sad day when self proclaimed "experts" on paranormal phenomena believe this to be anything but a 3-d computer drawing. I used to use one of those pad and pen things for the computer that you could come up with a doodle like this easily on a photo. Sadly, it was just a simple trick.
Winx717: "i have never seen anything quite like this" It would be cause for alarm if real life started to look like that acid trip movie 2001 a space odyssey. Until then, its safe to say you were duped.
Secret_Dromouse (7 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
That's a really poor Photoshop and 3D program usage there. Whoever you sent your picture to is deliberately trying to mess around with your heads.
Secret Dormouse ❤
andyhaz (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-07)
Well for some posable reason, it looks like a double exposer. It could of happy, if the film didn't advance forward when you took a shot.
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
There is something about the oncoming of Autumn that brings me back to the crazy paranormal scene! I was rooting around on the site for the first time in a long time and just wanted to say thank you for everyone's comments, both positive and negative. She never did ask the realtor about the picture. She still owns the home and rents it.

I definitely agree that the photo is altered. I am going with matsaw's theory that the realtor may have scribbled on it, possibly even in a computer program. I don't know.

I just wanted to stop in and say thanks. Have a happy 2012!
Jjf (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Hi,
I'm a professionnal photographer and after examining the picture I can definitely say that it's a tempered one. I am pretty sure the "rope" in the middle of the image was done in a 3D software such as 3D max or blender cookie (which is free). The texture of this "rope" is identical to a 3D object. It seems that the Image was applied a lens blur effect in photoshop then the amended picture was loaded into the 3D software where this "rope" was added. It would then appear perfectly in focus while the image is blur to mimic a shallow depth of field.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
I happen to think the one question that needs to be asked here is just too obvious...
DID ANYONE CONSULT THE REALTOR ABOUT THIS?
I'm sorry, perhaps all of this is could have been avoided if your friend had asked the people who produced the photo, maybe not. I don't know. There is no mention of the realtors explanation for the anomaly anywhere, so I was just wondering.

Also, I was going through the previous comments about this photo and I found one that made me look twice at this.
Lou asked:
"A camera can pick up paranormal activity that can not be seen with the naked eye. If it was not visible; why would it effect the auto focus?"
I am sure others know much more than I do on the subject of photography, and maybe they can explain this.
Would the camera's auto focus be affected by something we don't see with the naked eye, such as paranormal activity? (I know that a thermal imaging camera does so, but that is it's purpose)

Jav
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Bioweapon-I'm pretty sure that this story was posted on this site because winx717 has experienced something that they found genuinely UNEXPLAINABLE, asked for help to debunk what it could be and has openly participated with all the comments. There is no need to be a jerk.

Winx717- I usually just sit back and don't say much because this site offers such helpful advice by people that genuinely know a hell of a lot more than I do regardig the Paranormal, that being said I have loads of experience with people and behaviours and I say this because I can see you getting hurt by the comments of some of the people on this site.

Ignore their crap and don't judge this site on their comments,

And to those people, just know that you guys come off as being Immature, Ignorant and judgemental and there is a heap of us out here reading your comments and judgeing YOU 😐

Now can someone pass me a ladder so I can get of this soapbox? I'm afraid of heights! 😆
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Having a DEEP Celtic background, I beg to differ on every level. They do exist, and to a very real and sometimes awe inspiring degree. I have heard many family stories, and have seen many things in my time, and all I can say is "Yes Armyofcastles, they do exist." I also find it odd that you have castles in your name, yet don't believe in dragons and such. Just sayin'.
matsaw (2 stories) (38 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Maybe this was a shot that the Realtor did not want to use and scribbled it out so it would not mistakenly be put in with the others. It's definitely computer a generated object.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Armyofcastles,

While I have no doubt that the photo in this 'story' has been 'enhanced' I must ask you something... You have stated, and rather boldly so, this...

"No offence, but obviously it's not a 'fairy' because as we all know, they are not real."

And

"Sorry but fairys are a myth just as dragons and leprechauns are. Nice back story though. Really effective."

Do you have proof positive that Fairies are not real? Do you have evidence that leprechauns and dragons are just myths? Can you prove that 'all of us' know they are not real? I happen to be a Christian, I also happen to believe in 'The Fae, Little People, Fairies, Leprechauns, Dragons...ect?'

Behind every Myth there is some truth... The truth may have become distorted over the course of time, but if you research any Myth you find a seed of truth lies at it's core...

Respectfully,

Rook
Armyofcastles (4 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
No offence, but obviously it's not a 'fairy' because as we all know, they are not real. And if it was, the person would clearly feel a 'fairy' climbing on top of her head. Just trick of the eye or the blur has been put in by some other source. Sorry but fairys are a myth just as dragons and leprechauns are. Nice back story though. Really effective.
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
I do not know what it is nor have I ever had an encounter with such a thing. The photo might be faked who faked it if it is fake. I can't say

But I can say the realtor would not do something such as that. They get a commission from every house they sale. So it would not be good for business for them to fake such a pic.

Which leads me to the possibility the friend may have faked the photo. In the end I can't say it was faked for certain. But do believe the realtor did not do this
lp2298 (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
CGI. Sorry. You can tell by the light variation on the object as well as the fact that it's a 3D appearing object in a 2D setting.
grampa_hann (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
hi...was just browsing and I do agree that it was altered. Sorry...
Bioweapon (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
now* sorry I am very tired and where I am it is 3:30 AM!. 😁

Peace.
Bioweapon (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Yes I agree with Moon.

I am sorry for accusing you of doing it but it clearly has been altered by someone. I know understand it was not you.
Moon (3 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Working with tons of Photoshop and 3D, this looks very fake to me. Someone might just have played a prank on you.
And yes, I believe in paranormal, but this... Just doesn't make sence:/
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
This picture is fake lol, do you think we're stupid? To much.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Just by looking at this photo, at the livingroom itself, I can tell there is something paranormal in that house. It is just a feeling I get.
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
That's well and good. I am not saying that it is paranormal. What I am saying is that I did not alter this picture in any way. That is why I came here for answers. I got them. But I won't make that mistake again.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
winx717, think about it.

A camera can pick up paranormal activity that can not be seen with the naked eye. If it was not visible; why would it effect the autofocus?

Lou
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
At the risk of sounding rude, I do not take kindly to the last couple posters that suggested I messed with this picture myself. If you had taken the time to read the previous comments, maybe even the story itself, you would have seen that 1) I came at this from an "on the fence" viewpoint and 2) I chaulked it up to a non-parnormal fluke nearly 8 months ago.

Just wanted to make that clear. Again, thank you to those who had helpful input.
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Oh, yeah. It's definately fake. It's not even a nicely done fake. I don't think the OP did it, but someone definately tampered with it.
Bioweapon (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
Are you all serious? This is not anything "paranormal" or even a hair for that matter. The op obviously just scribbled on the picture in photoshop or a similar program. Look at it! You can see the rough edges on the corners and it is not even the same resolution as the photo. How this even made it on this site is beyond me.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
yeah, sorry winx717 but a toally fake. I agree with trix, a hair, or maybe the relator did do it for some unkonow reason. Or maybe some mess up someone did withot telling anyone. I really would NOT take it seriousely
GIRLIE 😐
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner (2 stories) (22 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Um, not trying to be mean or anything, but it... Kinda looks like either a hair or someone scribbled on the picture...

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: