You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Figure In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Figure In The Night

 

This happened when I was about 10 years old, I'm 18 now. It's so clear in my mind that I can remember it as if it were yesterday (pardon the cliché).

It was my second ghost/paranormal experience.

It was like any other night and I was really tired and fell asleep as soon as I got into bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and I was facing my wall. I felt a strange sensation like somebody was watching me. I foolishly turned around and saw a woman standing in my doorway. Words cannot describe the feeling of fear that came over me. She was staring straight at me and a cold sweat ran down my body. She was wearing a white dressing gown but I could not make out the features above her chest area. I turned around and wrapped my blanket around my head and got into a foetus position, I was sweating heavily and I was gasping for fresh air. I lay there in complete shock for a long while. I thought it was safe to come up for air and some cool air. To my horror the figure of the woman was standing at my bedside looking right down on me instead the figure at this point looked like a man wearing a cloak with the hood pulled up. I once again got straight back under my blanket and squeezed my eyes shut hoping to go asleep. When I awoke the next morning I was dreading having to go back to sleep that night.

Similar experience anyone?

Comments...Thoughts?

Thanks for reading this.

Other hauntings by eva900

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eva900, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Yoshian12 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
Thats odd. I read this story last night, and I woke up at 4:22 AM. I woke up, and I looked out my doorway, and I saw the same thing you saw. I couldn't tell since I wear glasses and my vision was a little blurry. Whats odd was I didn't get scared, because I thought it was the doorway. I was going to say hello to it, but I didn't feel like it since I was sleepy and I needed to wash my face. I usually get scared whenever these things happen, but I wasn't for some odd reason. I thought the figure was right beside my bed, and I thought I heard breathing or something. I felt a little scared, and a bit later, maybe 4:30 AM, I felt fine again. That was odd.
Aurora123 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
was the woman ghost the same on from projected light? And that was weird I would have stayed under covers forever and told my mom.
eva900 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
i never told my parents because I was too scared... I have another story called "strange projected lights".
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
It sounds frightening for anyone, especially a ten year old. But as DARKNESS says it's a bit of a headscratcher. You've left us hanging here, so to speak, with no information past that night. Was this the only such experience? Did you ever tell your parents or elder an sibblings? There is information missing, or maybe not. 😕
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Hmmm you normally go off your gut instincts in these situations, the feeling or vibes you get from the spirit normally tells you of there intent. Agreeing with Serinity its strange how it changed from what I presume to be a woman in a nightgown to a manly figure in a cloak with a hood, bit of a head scratcher this one. Has your family ever experienced anything within this home?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
I say... If you see this thing again, and you actually get a bad vibe about it, DON'T encourage it for anything! Just pray hard, see what happens for awhile, and hopefully it's gone for good.
lunaglory (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
I have the complete oposite opinion to Serenity. I think that you should tryy and help this ghost or figure out if it is haunting you or if it is just attached to the house. If it does come back you should try and communicate to it if you feel that you can. Just be thankful that it wasn't bloody or closer to your bed 😳 hope that helped
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Nasty. Anything that inspires instinctive terror can't be good. Worrying that it changed form too. Just be glad that it never returned.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: