You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Computer Glitch

Real Ghost Stories

Computer Glitch

 

I must tell you that I've been away in Nashville, Arkansas (a very small town) for the holiday weekend and just returned. I was visiting my dad and my step mom (it was my first time to meet her because they wanted to get married quickly and swiftly so they did it without me there, I granted them the wish). I had a nice time and enjoyed meeting Elaine.

One strange thing happened on this trip this morning actually. It would've been at about 3:00 am and it is Tuesday the 29th. I had to get up that early for my plane out of Texarkana (an hour drive away, and this might could be explained away but it puzzles me), here is the deal:

I brought along my IBOOK computer with me on the trip. On Monday, I had all three of us go out to the backyard and take photos together. I quickly came in and downloaded them. One came out great with the three of us smiling. I kept it up on my computer for the rest of Monday, but my computer has that timed fade out where if you leave your screen on it will black out after a bit on its own.

The only way the screen can come back on is if someone or something contacts the fingerpad square (used for moving the cursor, you know?). Well, right before I went to bed at about 10:00 pm on Monday night, I walked to my computer and whisked my finger onto the pad so the screen popped back on and I could see the photo again before bed. The light illuminated the room as I went to the bed and got under the covers. In a matter of minutes, the screen blacked out as normal and the room was cast into darkness. I awake on my own just about a minute before my 3:00 alarm went off, to find the screen was on and the photo was up again illuminating the room and I immediately got a chill about it and thought... wait a minute, that shouldn't be on!

I hopped up to inspect and see if something was walking on it (an insect? If they walked across the pad could it turn on like that? Maybe I'd assume, right?) but I didn't see an insect. Then the screen went black again. I hopped into bed and the alarm went off and scared me and then I caught a glimpse at this figurine on the nightstand next to me that had been beside me for the whole time I visited but I never inspected it until that moment when the alarm went off and I got a bit of a chill... The figure was a girl that reminded me of the girl in my vision, right before leaving with angel wings and she was on her knees praying. It may not be anything, but one, the computer being on really caught me by surprise and two, it might just be a silly thing, but that angel girl figurine next to my bed reminded me of the vision.

Another weird thing that I learned on this trip is that Elaine, my step mom's only daughter, was born the same year as I was and she was killed in a car wreck sometime around prom or homecoming I believe. It's been about 10 years since she died.

With me leaving so early this morning... One, I didn't get to ask Elaine where that angel figurine came from and I wanted to (just ask her curiously but not telling her why I'm asking, I don't want to freak her out) and two, since I only just met her this trip and am getting to know her... It's not right for me to come out so immediately and ask about her daughter's death and if she has experienced any weird things since her daughter dying. I don't want to frighten Elaine or have her think I'm crazy. But I had many questions in my mind early this morning as I left.

My life has been feeling a bit different and odd since May 22nd and I don't want to be making stuff up in my head or over exaggerating or anything but things just feel a little off kilter.

These new developments might be absolutely nothing but I'm just taking notice, trying to notice details just in case something is going on around me.

Other hauntings by jeremy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jeremy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
I think you should relax and put these experiences behind you. No sense stressing about something that could be explained one way or another and there was no harm done.
Doggirl1 (1 stories) (4 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
WOW! Your alarm was set for witching hour? 😨 Well, your in trouble 😆 Seriously 😐. Never set your alarm for 3 am
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-22)
I think you have made wise choices. You are allowing thoughts to settle and occurances to settle. When you return to visit, you may get an even keener sense of what is occuring.

it may have been Elaines daughter welcoming you or feeling a kinered soul with the age similarity.

When you return, if you comtinue to have strange occurances, I might then re-evaluate your take on things and try having a talk with Elaine, at least asking her about the figurine.

God Bless!
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Jeremy, Ok well I am a software developer so I could tell you that using the touch pad is not the only way to get the computer out of sleep-mode (or power-save mode) many things can make it do this, including but not limited to low battery, a background application running, or a pop-up message, if you was on the internet a possibility of receiving a new e-mail may also make it turn on, so don't worry I can assure you that was completely normal.

About seeing that figure before, you may not know that the mind picks up everything you see and hear constantly subconsciously even when you don't know you have. (That's how subliminal messages get across) So you could simply have captured the image of the that figure in your head and had a strange dream about it without realizing it was exactly that object until the last minute.

So don't worry, I think your mind was simply playing tricks on you. :)
carolynknowles (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Dear Jeremy,
How are you? Good I hope. I read your story and was very interested in it. I to have visions and then later inlife see things that were in my visions or pertain to them. You are a very smart man to pay close attention to these tyes of things. Keep asking questions and eventually everything will fall into place. Thanks for your great story. -carolyn-

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: