You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stop Sign

Real Ghost Stories

Stop Sign

 

This is my first post, but it is the strongest encounter with the beyond that I've experienced.

I was around 11 years old when it happened. I was not tall enough to ride in the front seat yet due to the air bag so I took my seat in the back of my mother's Lumina. We were on our way to my aunt's house from Sunday shopping. We decided to take the back road because it was quicker to get to the house from the interstate. As we were approaching the stop sign I noticed an older model truck parked. Instead of the car facing in the same direction we were going it was facing toward us. And as we were approaching the car I noticed a lady. She was in all black, with a pale face. She had on a black bell dress with a tight fitting bodice with the puffy sleeves. She also had on a woman's top hat of some sort with a black veil. When we made it to the stop sign, we were right on side of her. Our eyes met. I held her stare up until the point we began to turn right. I had to turn my head to continue my stare but her eyes followed me a complete 360. I asked my mother what type of car was that at the stop sign, but she had no idea what I was talking about.

I haven't been able to find out any history of the road or anyone that lived from that time frame on that road.

Other people have said they have seen her, but they fall short just as I do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, desc06, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Szaffi (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
Could go back, but also should ask alround if anyone knows or is there any record of an accident on that place. If you could google up images of old cars and find out what type and year it was, then could find easyer records of accidents in the area where you saw the car. Was just thinking about it, as you mentioned, that if faced the opposit direction you went, but was on the same side of the road. That lady could have died in an accident as well.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
Do you remember what time of the day it was when you had the encounter? - I to agree with everyone who told you to go back and do a little "Ghost Hunting" - I'm not an expert by no means - but I think some ghost make their appearance the same time of the day - so try to go back at around the same hour - who knows you may run into her again. Great Story 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
desc06,
This is a pretty cool idea, going back hunting I mean.
Remember to bring extra batteries, you know how spirits are. If it starts to manifest it's going to snatch energy from wherever it can find it. Extra friends too. They may act chicken, but who can resist a good ol' ghost hunt? They don't want you going alone do they? Good hunting! And I hope you bring back more stories too. 😊
desc06 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
Thanks everyone for your comments!
I do still live in the area and I take this road frequently. I have not seen her since that time 😕
This exact same road, is a road that my cousin commited suicide on. Bringing a camera and recorder is a really great idea. But I think all my family and friends would be too chicken!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
I would agree to visit the site again and see if you have any occurances; however please be cautious about atagoninizing something you do not know about. Make sure you have transportation from this place and that others know where you are going.

I would be interested to hear what comes of a repeat visit to the site.

You could also try looking in the areas news to see if anything significant (such as a car accident) or something has happended at that site.

God Bless!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
I too agree with vulcan, give that a go and see what happens, good story.

Daz
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
great post thanks for sharing.
Totaly agree with vulcan10 a night out with friends and possibly others who have seen her too would be a great experience.
Its a shame there is no history on the area or the lady to be found but who knows what could come from a nights ghost hunting?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
neat story. Do you still live near that site? If you do and its a desolate area take a friend out there with a couple of cots and spend the night. Make sure to take a camera and recording device and see if you get anything. It would be great fun.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: