You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lady In The Kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady In The Kitchen

 

AA few years ago I was staying over at my friend's (Nikki) house for the night. We had stayed awake until about 1 am watching movies and had been lying in our beds ready for sleep for about 15 minutes. Nikki's mother had gone to bed hours before, but got up to say good night just before we went to sleep and also to use the bathroom. About 20 minutes later I started to hear some noises from the kitchen which was just down to hall from Nikki's room. It sounded a lot like utensils and crockery were being moved around the place and being used for different things. The sound of footsteps could also be heard as if someone was moving around the room. The noises continued for roughly 15 minutes.

It was the next morning before either of us said anything to each other, unsure of whether what we heard was real. During breakfast we asked her mother whether she was in the kitchen last night around the time when we heard the commotion. Nikki's mother said that she had fallen straight back to sleep right after she went to use the bathroom.

As the story goes the previous owner of the house was an elderly lady in her nineties, who had passed away near the clothes-line from a heart-attack, and who also had an intense passion for cooking and spent much of her time in the kitchen doing what she loved. Nikki and I both believe that the noises we heard were a result of residual energy left over from the elderly lady.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RachelChum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
that's cool but I just want to say... Sometimes I hear footsteps too at night mostly when iam about to sleep but is there any chance you could've hear her being angry or it was just talking... Cause I hear heavr breathing I think it's angry or just sick haha
RachelChum (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
DARKNESS:

Nikki has often told me she experiences different paranormal events in her home and they have all been from various 'spirits' except for the lady in the kitchen who has often occured many times. Personally, I've only experienced it once. However, I'm not too sure about her mother because we've never actually talked to her about it thoroughly. I must admit, her mother probably wouldn't ever hear anything anyway since the main bedroom is at the other end of the house, furthest from the kitchen.

Rachel

Thanks for the comments everyone! 😁
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Hello RachelChum,

It is a phenomenon which seems to take place the world around, because we also had this happening over here in little old Antwerp where I live. One evening while we were watching tv in my granny's livingroom, we heard how coffee was being prepared in the kitchen which is situated right next to her livingroom. In our case it was our beloved grandfather who passed on in 98 but still is here. Much enjoyed reading your experience, and by the way; one of my paintings is called lady in the kitchen...

Greetings,
Peter
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
I have to agree with DARKNESS that it may be an intelligent haunting, you said your friend and you asked her mother about it the next morning, which leads me to believe it wasn't a regular or expected phenomenon that you experienced. Otherwise your friend would have mentioned that it happened before.
Very cool! 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
RachelChum: Is this the only time your friend has experienced this, what about her mother? You say it is residual then my guess is that this would have occured more then once. There is a slight possibility that this could be an Intelligent haunting me thinks.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Dan
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
i've got an elderly man in my kitchen that will mess around with stuff, I'll see his silhouette in the reflection of my old computer screen that is sitting on the floor. Every time I get up to look, he always vanishes though.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
that would be creepy but also (personaly I think) sort of nice to think she loved something that much she pops back to carry on doing her cooking.
Thanks for a great story
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
I experienced something VERY similar to this as a child. Only it happened EVERY NIGHT, with out fail. It's pretty creepy when you realize no one's there. (Well, no one ALIVE anyway!) 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: