You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Uncle's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Uncle's Ghost

 

I was in high school when my uncle died. I remember vividly it was around 10pm when my sister told me that she wanted to sleep with me in my room, maybe because she was scared that the ghost of my uncle will going to visit her. So she went to sleep ahead of me because I was still studying.

It was already past 12 midnight when suddenly I focused my eyes at the open door of my room and I noticed that door was slowly swaying back and forth. I did not pay too much attention to it because I thought it was just a draft causing the movement of the door (when in fact the weather was so dry that night) still I ignored it. Then I heard a faint creaking sound coming from the floor (because it was made of wood) near the door as if someone was stepping on it and the door continuously swaying back and forth. I checked on it maybe somebody was trying to play a joke on me but everybody was sound asleep. As I went back to my seat I stared at the door and it was still moving and that faint creaking sound started to freak me out. My thoughts went to my uncle at which point I jumped on to my bed and hid under my blanket.

The following morning I told my family about it and my mom told me that it was just my uncle paying his last visit to all his relatives.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leila, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

leila (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
Thank you for all the comments I really appreciate it.Actually, I experienced so many paranormal things... Such as bright light suddenly appeared from nowhere in the middle of the hallway it stopped in front of me and I was stunned and it disappeared within seconds, things fell down in the middle of the night and I am 100% sure there's no rat/cat in my room and so many scary stuff but I ignored and trying to ignore those so called paranormal events otherwise I will have a nervous breakdown 😊
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
Yes. Not the sort of thing you'd like to happen every night. Good story 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
This is so often the case for many of us when we don't realize until later on what may have been happening right before our eyes. I think a lot of people would admit to similar experiences. And many may also wish they would have reacted differently had they stayed calm from the onset. But, you were calm from the onset and your reaction was a normal reaction. What matters is that you have found that there was a reason for it, which keeps you from worrying about another episode occuring in the future and needlessly losing sleep over it.
I am sorry for the loss of your uncle and it does sound like your mother is a very wise woman.
😊 ❤ 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
what a shame you uncles last goodby should scare you like that.
It should have been a nice experience for you getting chance to say goodby as sometimes we don't have the opertunity, this is a very sad story but thanks for posting it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: