You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Presense In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Presense In My Room

 

I moved into this house about 7 months ago and, there have been weird things from the start. I live with my parents and brother. I was with my father when I first came here and I was going to bed. There was a window that looked out onto the porch and, I would see a shadow pass it on the porch. My dad would go out but, no one was there and, he would say you're just seeing things.

Over time the shadows kept happening. Then one night I was the only one up and I heard someone calling my name. I knew it wasn't my parents or brother. I ignored it at first but, then I heard my name again. This time though it was like someone yelled it in my ear. I ran out of my room and sat on the couch assessing what just happened. I went back to my room after a couple minutes and lay down. My door was open and my light on.

After a while I heard someone walking away from my room toward the kitchen. I was relieved because it seemed like it was going to leave me alone. All of a sudden though I started hearing this scraping noise on the floor. The only thing I can describe it as is someone pushing something metal across a wood floor in a rhythm. I listened for a while then I got up and ran out of my room and woke my dad up. He saw how scared I was but, I knew he didn't really believe me still. That happened between 11pm - 4am.

After that incident I started sleeping in the living room and, my dad is almost done refurbishing the room now. While he was fixing the floor and walls I started taking a voice recorder in the room and, asking questions. I have gotten answers from a man who says he's 20 something and what sounds like a child's voice. Never anything threatening though.

Now I am sleeping in my room again and, when I lay down to go to sleep it's like there is an oppressing presence. It's strange because it has never answered me. Also lately it has felt like there is something hot pressed to my back when I go to sleep. The thing is I don't have heat in my room. I sleep facing the wall too because I feel like if I turn around there is going to be something there.

No one else in the house has experienced a thing and, I think it's something targeting me. I still see shadows and hear noises. I just need someone to believe me. It gets really scary when everyone thinks there is nothing there. Also I would like to hear input as to what is going on.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vipera09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Vipera09 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
Thank you everyone for all the advice. It's all very good. Smudging is good but I don't think my dad will let me. Also not a lot of people walk outside in my neighborhood at night, especially the elderly. Also I should have said that the sound stopped when I jumped out of bed. Thank you all again. 😁
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
You mentioned that you were renovating the home. Your menacing spirit might be that of a previous home owner. When people do renovations on property it usually stirs up activity. They may not be just targeting you. It could be that your other family members are just trying to ignore it or they don't want to admit it. This happens a lot. Also if you feel that you are the only target it could be that you are more sensetive and open for communication so they are naturally drawn to you.

This sounds like a classic ghost being angry that you are in his/her home. I suggest smudging your home with sage and telling them to leave you alone and that they are not welcome around you or your family. Stick up for yourself! You have the right to not live in fear. Also remember that in their eyes you are an intruder. THink of how you would behave if someone just moved into your home. Every ghost is different as they carry their personalities with them.

My advice is to stick up for yourself and cleanse the home with sage.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Everyone before me has left such good advice that I daresay there's not much left to add but one little thing you might want to try.
You can demand that they leave you alone and stop with the noises. You need your sleep and your not in the mood for it so "knock it off!"
It was a favorite of my mother's and it worked. Just be in charge, it's your place now. And don't let them scare you, they can't get under your skin unless you let them anyway. Just stand tall and give it like you mean it! It's all in the delivery when it comes to sending a strong and heartfelt message, one that you want to make stick anyway. And don't take any sass either. I can't count how many times that happened to my mom. Just to have her get that serious "mom look" on her face and let them know she wasn't having any backsass from anyone. Let me tell you, it works.
Now, I have to say that if you don't feel comfortable doing this, don't worry. The advice you've received from those before me works too. So don't dispair. There's an answer out there, you just have to decide what works best for you, what you're comfortable with.
Whatever you decide, always remember to stand firm and resolute. Knowing that you're in charge is half the battle.
😐 😐
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Vipera: You have gotten some good advice from the previous posters, which have pretty much summed up everything I was going to say, but I just want to add 1 more thing regarding the EVP's.
Now this technique is probably one of the least dangerous ways of trying to make contact with spirits (its no ouija board put it that way) but even still I believe by doing this, you are acknowledging that there are spirits present and you are showing them attention, this could be what they want to begin with. I have heard of many experiences where this has increased the activity that occurs within the home, although on the other hand the activity remains the same. Just something else to think about and I wish you all the best for the future. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Vipera: Geez, the scraping and rythmic sound seems to me to describe someone walking with a walker... Like an elderly person... Is there any source of light outside of your window?...Does the window face a street, lane or alleyway where someone would be driving a vehicle or bike?...

When I was a kid, I always slept with my back against the wall!...I guess I wanted to keep track of things... I don't know! 😆

Unfortunately, your parents may not believe you now, but sooner or later, they'll have their own experiences (if they haven't already) and then you can say "I told you so!"...

In the meantime, one of the best things you could do is some investigating... Document everything you hear as concisely as possible, and go on a hunt to find the sound... You may be surprized that some of the noises aren't paranormal at all... Since you've recently moved into this house, there may be some details you haven't considered... One of our posters realized that whistling she was hearing, was actually her air-conditioner vent... Fridges make some wierd noises too, specially ice makers...Pipes, walls and floorboards all expand and contract... Now footfalls, that's another story!...Houses don't "settle" with that kind of sound!...

I think since the EVP's you've gotten don't sound threatening, there's really nothing to worry about... The feeling of opression may be the entity/ies is/are a little upset with the renovations, and things should settle soon...

Keep us posted!... ❤
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Hi;

I'm sorry this has happened to you. The details are classic demonic harassment. Normally, they target one person, whom we call the focal person, for their psychic / spiritual assaults. The goal is to make the person feel they may be unstable, i.e. To isolate and contain him / her.

Dark shadows, foul smells, voices, night time scratchings / poundings, feelings of being watched, etc. Are 100% demonic in nature. The demonic hours of highest activity are from 9:00 PM - 6:00 AM.

My standard counsel is: Catholic Holy water, especially at night and on the bed, and use of the names "Jesus and Mary help me". If Catholic, receipt of the Sacraments, especially Confession, helps a lot. Please hang in there, and email me if you like. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Vipera09 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
I have let them listen to them but my mom is still acting like nothing is on them. My dad hears them but doesn't believe that there is anything menacing. A problem with the recordings is I can't upload them to my computer cause my recorder isn't made for that.

And GeminiGoat I hope it's the house too. I wish I could call someone to investigate but it's my parents house and don't think they will let me. I'm in that phase where I am trying different types of religions to see what works for me. I am mainly focusing on wicca. (And anyone who reads this and says that's why, I promise I have not called the Devil or any "evil" thing to my house or me.) But you are right that praying to anything works to make you feel better.

Thank you both for the comments. I will keep them in mind.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
hi vipera09 have you played the evps you got to your parents? Things like that are hard to dismiss even if the person hearing it does not want to believe its happening.
And also renovations can start things happening but most of the time they do settle down again.
Looking forward to any updates and other posts you have and I hope it works out ok for you.
GeminiGoat (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Vipera09, your parents aren't going to believe you when you tell them that there are ghosts in the house because they probably feel strongly that no such things exist or happen and even if something undeniable happened to them, they would keep quiet about it and hope that it just goes away because they don't want to deal with that kind of situation. I've had the same thing happened where my dad didn't even want to talk about it. Don't look to them for support, reach out to others who will listen and understand. Whatever is tormenting you is probably an intelligent, malicious being that is targeting just you because if nothing happens to anyone else then they are less likly to believe or help you. It's doing this on purpose to make you feel isolated and alone. Hopefully it's attached to the house and will not follow you when you leave that place. It sounds like that is the case because you said this all started happening when you moved into the house. I don't know what you believe in but praying to God has always helped me when I have felt threatend, it may not take the haunting away completly but it is comforting. Either way, you must not let it rule your life. You can be afraid but don't let it stop you from living life and being happy. Just try to hang in there and keep a sane mind until you are out of there.
Vipera09 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
My house was built back in the late 30's. It used to be a one room house. My bedroom is in the original part. I know there are people here but, it just seems like there is something more menacing. I will put up more stories because I was thinking about it and maybe it followed me. I have been having the more menacing things happening since I was little. I hope you will read them. And thank you for the comment.
G_H_O_S_T_L_Y (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
hey vipera09 this is a freaky story i,ve only ever experiance something ghostly and scary but nothing like that just tell your mum and dad how freaked you are and also the ghosts are probably something like it used to be the persons room and is just back where it used to live how old is your house anyway great stroy 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: