You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mommy, You Saw Him Too?

Real Ghost Stories

Mommy, You Saw Him Too?

 

Before I start this portion of my story I suggest that if you don't wish to be left in the dark please refer to "The Plaid Blanket", the stories coincide during the same time frame and period. Thank you for your patience.

My eyes popped open to greet the new day with a hearty stretch of my back and legs, today was going to be wonderful, I had taken control of my house. I had drawn a line in the sand setting boundaries for Hope's night visitor and I was feeling pretty proud of myself for taking action. Clint was docking in Venice, LA and soon he would be calling for me and Hope to drive there and pick him up. We hadn't seen him in twenty one days and his week off we had scheduled abundant family friendly activities such as taking Hope to the park, going to Harvey to the movie theater to see the latest Harry Potter film, and we were to have some of Clint's friends come for dinner one night.

As I rolled onto my side and hugged the comforting softness of Clint's pillow I quickly noticed that Hope was no longer in the bed with me. She must have gotten up after I fell asleep and went back into her room. I felt a slight burning sensation of a disapproving gaze dancing along my skin. The rush of tingles that ascended from my tailbone to my neck caused my muscles to tense and my breath to quicken. Someone was watching me. I would often get the strange feeling in this house, not just during the night but also during the day as well and I could be in a room full of people it didn't just happen when I was alone.

I didn't want to glance in the doorway but something urged me too. I slowly rocked my self to the right and positioned myself to be laying my back. The thin sheets and thick comforter brought me no solace or comfort as my eyes fixated on the fuliginous form across the room from me. It was not a shadowy looking apparition but more of a smoky one. It was as if light could come through the body but the light changed colors as it did so. The beaming bulbs' rays shined from the bathroom and went into the hazed creature as brilliant and bright as the sun but soaked into a muted silvery deep purple that reflected on the laminated floor.

I stared and watched as the long tentacles colored in a grey but bluish reflected light danced on an invisible breeze around the creature. I stared for what seemed like an eternity. My eyes were burning from exhaustion as I tried to understand what stood before me. I had to be asleep still. Things like this just don't exist. I had seen other spirits and demon like creatures before but none were as glorious as this one. It did not have eyes or limbs that I could make out but it was a marvel to look at. Its' human shape could never be mistaken as something else.

I could feel my heart beat quicken with each shallow breath and I could hear my breath so loudly that I would have placed money that anyone in that room could have heard it within my pounding chest. A thick blanket of cold enveloped my body as the tiny hairs on the back of my neck tickled with the goose bumped skin. I could move I just didn't have the will. I got the feeling that it was letting me know it was there and could not be ignored. An unusually thick scent of wet Earth and sweet clover causing my stomach to turn as it hung in the air and caused my lungs to ache.

As the phone began to ring I kept my eyes on it, the tolling bell did nothing for the moment but caused a headache for me. I ignored the phone and watched as the darkened figure fade slowly until its presence slowly dispersed into the air surrounding it. Like smoke on a breeze.

And then it was gone. I picked up the phone and dialed Clint's number after speaking with Clint for several minutes I had calmed down. He explained that he hadn't made it to shore yet but he wouldn't be long that me and Hope should start getting ready. I walked into Hope's room and she was sitting on her bed Indian style talking with her imaginary baby doll. She had plenty of baby dolls to play with but Hope had made an imaginary friend that she described as being a baby doll. Since she was so young I had no objections at the time. She was an only child at that time and I was told it was normal for children her age to form friendships with imaginary people as a way of coping with being lonely but Hope also had the added stress of moving into a new house to become a family with Clint. I thought she had an active imagination or a healthy emotional outlet in her new friend.

We began our morning routine, getting dressed, making beds, eating breakfast, and brushing teeth when Hope looked up at me and asked, "Mommy, you saw him didn't you?" I smiled a little dumbfounded and avoided the question. "Let's call Clint and see if he is ready for his girls to pick him up," I stated with a smile and grabbed Hope's hand as we walked into the living room quickly.

The drive to Venice was short because my mind was on other things and when I finally got to wrap my arms around Clint's neck and feel him next to me I felt the anxiousness melt away from me. He would protect me and Hope from the preverbal things that knocked in the night. Clint is my knight in shining armor.

The next couple of days were completely normal, other than the blanket in the tub but that was something we were accepting we just had to get adjusted too by then, of course it was still new and Clint often said it gave him the "heeby jeebies". I didn't feel eyes on me, I didn't see anything so I naïvely thought that maybe the spirit was going to leave us alone. We were just there becoming a family together.

On Clint's fourth night home the quietness stopped. We were all piled onto the couch snuggling underneath a blanket watching a cartoon movie, Road to El Dorado, when the light in the kitchen snapped on by its self. Hope laughed and claimed it was her "Imaginary Baby Doll" wanting a snack. I was alarmed but Clint remained cool and comfortable. He told Hope she was probably right and then explained that he thought a snack was a good idea. The two of them acting as if it were nothing made me a little nervous. While the questions in my mind were all curiosities and negative thinking their focus was on popcorn and hot cocoa.

Clint asked Hope to help him in the kitchen and I sat petrified with my knees bent to my chest. A few seconds after they went into the kitchen I felt the same cold stinging my skin raising the hair on my arms and the back of my neck. It was not the "blanket ghost" this was the indescribable human shaped one. Realizing I was alone I jumped to my feet and half ran into the kitchen. Hope and Clint were giggling uncontrollably as I hurried into the kitchen, my heavy feet knocking the wooden floor with a perfect pity patter. "Mommy's scared," Hope smiled as she gave me a hug of courage.

I whispered to Clint that I got the same feeling I had the morning he got home and he kissed me on my forehead. After the bag of extra buttery popcorn was popped and poured into a big teal colored plastic bowl and the mugs of hot cocoa had been tipped off with whipped cream and sprinkled cinnamon the three of us headed back into the living room. Clint followed us out but before leaving the kitchen entirely he said into the openness of the house, "Please, who ever you are, don't mess with the appliances or lights it's not safe for us."

After we were done watching the movie and bonding over popcorn and hot cocoa it was time for Hope to go to bed. Clint tucked her in while I stood outside in the hallway listening to the story he decided to tell her, it involved her imaginary baby doll and a few of her other stuffed animals. I remember standing there leaning up against the wall and listening and smiling until the same hazy smoky creature was floating in the doorway of mine and Clint's bedroom. It was just as ominous as before, just as beautiful and curious as I remembered. I poked my head in Hope's room and motioned for Clint to come see.

He walked slowly into the hallway and grabbed my hand. His jaw clenched and I watched as the muscles in his arms rippled to his shoulders his body was straining. Even the grip he had on my hand was shaky and I knew he saw it too. Then it disappeared just as quickly as it came.

He glanced back at me and smiled with an eerie astonished toothy grin, one to date I have never seen pass his lips since. He pulled me into the kitchen and clicked the light on. "Our house is haunted," he gasped as he began to laugh. "We have to ask about who lived here before we did."

So that's what we did. The only information that we could get about the house was that it had been repossessed in early 1970's. The owner, who will remain nameless for his privacy, had bought it ten years before we moved in but never lived in it. He always used it as a rent house. He said that other's had claimed they seen a little girl there and a man who was aggressive. He said the little girl would take things and hide them in the tub and the man was known to touch or push people. He couldn't tell us anymore than that. While these were a few of the first encounters many more took place. There were more than two creatures in the house. There were at least five. Most of them were passive but there were three that were violent. While I was never attacked there were several guests of ours that were and Clint was as well.

Other hauntings by PestilentPixie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PestilentPixie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PandaBear (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Wow you're a great writer. It sounds like something right out of a book, and that's a really good thing by the way:)) Its a really good story, glad I read it:)) Thanks for posting it:)) ❤ ❤ ❤
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
Thank you for the website. I will definatly check it out. I do trust my daughter and what she sees. We have made sure to let Hope know its important that she communicates with us about the things she doesn't understand. Her sisters also have this amazing gift and I believe them fully. They can give detailed descriptions, names, and dates that we have done research on.
BillTomas (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
It is important to trust your child - they are here to teach you... If they say they see ghosts believe them - chances are its true - and they need your love and support.

If you need help then seek a therapist for children seeing ghosts to help - http://www.peopletamer.com/children-seeing-spirits

Often it's just a steer in the right direction to bring back balance ❤
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
Thanks to everyone for the great comments and compliments. I will post the other sightings we had at that house as soon as I get a chance to sit and put them down. Thank again!
irakowei (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Are you a writer? You are good in writing stories! I like the Blanket.:) This one **scares me, I want to be as tough as you when I start my own family in a new home.

Thank you for sharing your stories! I like reading all your stories! Keep us posted!
irakowei (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Are you a writer? You are good in writing stories! I like the Blanket.:) This one scarce me, I want to be as tough as you when I start my own family in a new home.

Thank you for sharing your stories! I like reading all your stories! Keep us posted!
Aurora123 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
I wonder if your daughter's "doll" is the child ghost. And that "creature" thing sounds scay!
ambercrystal (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
PestilentPixie: I think that you have a great gift in writing stories. When I read both of your stories it was like reading a really interesting book.

About your children seeing spirits and being open to them I think that small chldren are naturally more sensitive to it than adults and being a child is searching for qualities that you want to find in everything and everyone. I'm really looking forward to your next story.

JimD: I don't think it's the right way to deal with it. I just don't think it was demonic harassment as you said because the being would've done so much more by the first encounter. It may be just a spirit or some kind of entity that (as said in the story) wants to be aknowledged.

KimSouthO: I also agree with you on JimD's comment.

Take care, PestilentPixie
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
I think Clint is doing a good job here for you guys... It is so important that hope doesn't sense any fear or anxiety coming from her dad and I think Clint knows that too... I can relate to that nervous smile and laugh about the house being haunted... He is trying to live with it rather than deal with it and wants you too to kind of accept it as well... That eerier suppressive sensation happens for a couple of reasons... If you are scared enough by another energy in the presence of your room... Your nerve endings are much more sensitive than they normally would be... A kind of defense mechanism anticipating danger... Some spiritual energies will torment people by getting in their space and intensify this sensation... Not sure if that's what your ghost is trying to do... But I do understand how this whole experience has you unnerved... I hope you find the peace of mind your are looking for...

Daz
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
Sorry I am just getting a chance to reply to all these great comments and ideas but I will try to address everyone in this one post, if I leave any questions unmarked I will post again later.

Yes, there is more to the imaginary baby doll it wasn't until later that we expirenced more with the "blanket" ghost or the imaginary baby doll and I plan to post that story later.

So many great idea's have been offered to the reasons of the "blanket" ghosts' reasoning and motives behind the bathtub and blanket. I have to admit that several of the comments have taken me by surprise but make sense.

Clint and his family come from a very grounded Roman Catholic belief system and while I may not understand fully their believes I do understand the importance of ritual for each religion. I did not cleanse the house while we lived there, I am not sure if anyone did after we left either.

I do get unnerved at things I feel, see, smell or can't objectivly explain at first but my fear quickly subsides to determination and taking control of MY house. I try to find a balance point for everyone and everything to coincide as peacefully as possible. Not only do I try to bring comfort to my family but to what ever is lurking behind. This house taught us the importance of tolerance and understanding.

We did have guests who expirenced things at the house that were of a questionable manner, some we witnessed as they happened others we did not see. Several of our family friends wouldn't come to our house after their expirences there and a few nieces and nephews were no longer allowed to stay the night after the things they claimed they saw or felt.

The house no longer stands. It was washed away with Hurricane Katrina just as everything else in Plaquemines Parish, which is the parish where the mouth of the Mississippi and Gulf of Mexico meet. When Katrina made landfall she made landfall several miles from where the house was located. (a parish is the equivilant to a county for those of you who aren't familiar with the terminology.)

My daughter didn't have the same reaction as I did because we learned later that she had been speaking with the different spirits of the house. I believe that some people are just destined to be more empathdic to the unexplainable than others. She just happens to be one of those people. She seldom gets frightened and we encourage her to speak with us if she doesn't "feel" as if something is right. But, she is not alone in her special manner, mine and Clints' other children are sensitive as well. We also believe that these types of gifts, because that is what we call them, may be passed from generation to generation and we have been fortunate to have children that aren't scared of what they see that can't be explained easily.

Thanks again for the wonderful comments and I will post more of what we witnessed at this house as soon as I am able.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
WHOA! - Ok that story gave me the chills - Do you still live in the house? It is amazing that your daughter is not bothered by the agressive ghost - I know that she has seen it but it does not seem to bother her at all. Has any guest felt or seen the spirits? - this story is being put into my faves - I will go back and read your other storys as well. GREAT STORY!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
PestilentPixie - I'm a little late here on this one and it appears granny, Darkness and Javelina have said pretty much the same things I would have.

Since they've taken care of all that, I want to talk about Hope's reaction. At this point, Hope didn't appear to be frightened at all by this being. Instead she seemed, maybe not amused, but she took on the "parental" role..."Mommy's scared" and offered solace to you instead of you comforting her. It makes me wonder if Hope saw this being the same way you did or if she was able to see "him" differently.

I can only assume you're going to let us in on that and many more things in your next story 😆.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
I am not so sure I agree with the demoinic being part of things. Not all beings that show themselves as shadow or mist are demonic. I believe it takes a lot of energy to manifest-therefore this may be the only way that they CAN manifest.

I do however think that you need to send these beings on their way to gain peace and comfort for you and your family-as well as for the beings.

Place a cross in each room of the house, pray and tell 'them' to leave in the name of the Lord. Tell them you are taking ownership of the space and they are no longer welcome there and they need to move on.

If this does not fit with your beliefs, seek some spiritual guidance in a form that works for you.

Keep us posted. (Remember-fear is a very powerful source of energy, when you show fear to these beings, that energy can be used to make them stronger).

God Bless!
JimD (431 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Hi;

I'm sorry you and your family were frightened. The details are classic demonic harassment, i.e. The smoky being. Normally, they apppear as shadows, but I've heard of smoky ones also. Typically, they target one person, whom we call the focal person, for their psychic / spiritual assaults. The goal is to make the person feel they may be unstable, i.e. To isolate and contain him / her. In this case, however, your family has seen them. I am worried about the reported violence.

Dark shadows, foul smells, voices, night time scratchings / poundings, feelings of being watched, etc. Are 100% demonic in nature. The demonic hours of highest activity are from 9:00 PM - 6:00 AM. I know you've not experienced all of these phenonimum.

My standard counsel is: Catholic Holy water, especially at night and on the bed, and use of the names "Jesus and Mary help me". Watch the reaction when these words are spoken. If Catholic, receipt of the Sacraments, especially Confession, helps a lot. Please hang in there, and email me if you like. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
"Mommy, you saw him too?" How hard was that?! You've got me on the edge of my seat, along with everyone else.
You're writing style is so even and flowing with colorful imagery and impeccable timing. I can hardly wait for the next installment.
Thank you so much for bringing this here and sharing your experiences with us.

PS...I have a feeling there's more to this imaginary friend then you're letting on. ❤ 😉
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Hi PestilentPixie, This was a great story to read. Thanks for sharing with us. I feel like sszgranny said my eyes also glued to the screen. It feels like I want to read a follow up about your experiences in this house. I really hope you will write the rest of happenings too. I also smiled at the part of the imaginary doll that wants a snack... Cute little girl you've got. I'm waiting for your next story. Enjoy your day. Trix ❤
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
I read your other story as you suggested and absolutely loved it! Reckon that was exactly what was required and so thoughtful on your part to leave the blanket for her 😊

As for this spirit I'm not sure what to make of it. Spooky definitely! So glad Clint was able to witness it however 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
"Imaginary Baby Doll wanting a snack" Haha absolutely loved that part. 😁

PestilentPixie: You certainly have a way with words this story was excellant it felt like I was right there at the time. Well it seems quite obvious that there is more then one spirit sharing the home with you and your family, although at first it seems like it isn't negative, what you have written at the end suggests otherwise. Cant wait to hear more of your experiences.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Pixie: OOOOO that's spooky!...I'm so glad Clint was able to have the same experience as you, great confirmation there!...I think he had an inkling though, when the kitchen light came on, huh? 😆...

Thanks for once again keeping me on the edge of my seat, and my eyes glued to the screen!...Looking forward to more! ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
my pleasure trust me I love to read peoples experiances with the supernatural and I must say you have a fantastic way of writing that pulls the reader right into the story as though it is them it is happening to right there and then thank you for that 😁 ❤
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Thank you for the compliments taz, it's nice to be able to share some of my encounters with people who don't stare in amusement or judge with scowled faces at the thought of things we can't and often don't or won't understand. 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
took your advice read the plaid blanket first (loved it) but this one was just spooky. Can't wait to read your next post sitting here on tender hooks with antisipation thanks for shareing some great stories 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: