You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Night Reaper

Real Ghost Stories

The Night Reaper

 

I was almost 19 years old and my mother and I had an apartment near Waco, Texas. The tenant before us had committed suicide not long before we moved in, so needless to say, we were very nervous about living there. When my mother would be taking a shower, she'd feel an odd presence with her in the bathroom. Also in her bedroom, which was the room this man killed himself in, at night she'd feel some one sit at the end of her bed.

One night after my mom went to bed, I was up alone sitting on the couch in the living room. The end of the couch faced directly down the hall. Sitting on the end that faced the hallway, I began to see a tall, skinny shadow-like creature, possibly the Grim Reaper.

He stood to maybe about 6- 6 1/2 feet tall and dressed in all black. He walked back and forth across the hall from my room, into the bathroom, then back in the hall and pointed its finger at me. Then suddenly, it came towards me fast, and then was gone. After this event, if I was alone there at night, I'd ride my bike down to a friend's house. It scared me so much to be there alone.

4 months after this event, my father committed suicide. Ever since then when a family member dies, I would see this black figure before it happens. When I was 8, my grandmother died and I would smell her "essence" everywhere I went (Butterscotch and Dr. Pepper) and also when my father died, when I'd hear a certain song that he liked to listen to, I'd smell cigarettes and grease (he was a truck driver) and so I really do believe that my ability or whatever you wish to call this, is getting stronger everyday.

My cousin and I both have these things going on and I don't deny at all, that I am meant to use this ability to better understand the deceased and other beings that haunt our everyday lives! Any info about how to be closer to the deceased or how to better understand what's going on would be greatly appreciated. If you would like my email to chat about it, please be free to contact me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sensitivejen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HellBeast (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. My dad is a truck driver. I remember a dream I had, involving a grim reaper like figure, trying to catch me. I remember bolting awake from my bed and seeing the exact same creature at the foot of my bed. It held a scythe and pointed its boney clawed finger at me and said "it's time to go." this happened to me once before when I was 7 and in the hospital, nearly dying of a real bad asthma attack. It pointed it's finger at me and said, "Time to go." Never been so frightened in my life.
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
hey I'm really interested in your story and I'm so sorry for your father. But I have to ask do you actually see grim reaper clearly or it's just a shadow? Cause there is differents. This is look like that thing is telling you or should I say warning you from someone's death but WHY I believe that your question well somethimes you feel something bad would happen before your beloved one die that really common but yours it's just to abvious.
bhavyapattz (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
hey dear realy sory about your family. I wish I could help you but don't know how sory if you need help there so many my facebook friend who are investigator and ghost haunter if you need you can contact me from email or f.b *bhavya pattinson*. Tell me what I can do for you. Thanks for sharing.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Each faith will give guidance based on theory of what this is. I've heard many stories throughout the world (even on here) of a reaper-esque creature bothering people. I can't imagine every one is the grim reaper, but I'd imagine yours is one of the closest I've read to believing it could be something along those lines. The theory that it's not a/the reaper is a solid thought, as usually the reaper would show to claim one's soul rather than show hours/days/weeks/months prior.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Please do not take it that these occurances are demonic right off; also do not allow the 'things' to become a permanent fixture in your life. You have had some very traumatic experiences to deal with-some energies can feed off of this type of energy.

Place a cross in each of your rooms. Pray- say Psalm 23 or any other Bible verse that comforts you and tell 'them' that they are no longer welcome in your home, you are taking ownership of where you live and over what lives with you.

If this does not fit with your beliefs, then please seek spiritual guidance from another source. There are instructions on the net on blessing and cleansing a home. Take these instructions to hert,

Keep us posted!
God Bless!
vogysgirl (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
That was not The Reaper. The Reaper is the spirit that comes to take our souls to where we're supposed to go in the after life. I don't know what that spirit was but it sounds creepy. As for the spirits of your deceased family members, they need to be let go. They have no business here. They need to let you go so you can let go. You & your deceased family members need closure & need to move on.
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Hi;

I'm sorry this has happened to you. I am very sorry about dad's tragic death and I promise you we'll remember his soul in our prayers. The details do point to the demonic, i.e. The grim reaper. I had one other case involving this spirit.

Normally, they target one person, whom we call the focal person, for their psychic / spiritual assaults. The goal is to make the person feel they may be unstable, i.e. To isolate and contain him / her, or, in some cases, to play off and twist natural psychic gifts the person was given by God. The Devil loves to twist and distort God - given gifts. This gives it great pleasure. I feel there is good here, but also bad. It's only the bad I offer help with.

Dark shadows, foul smells, voices, night time scratchings / poundings, feelings of being watched, etc. Are 100% demonic in nature. The demonic hours of highest activity are from 9:00 PM - 6:00 AM. You may have only two of these events occurring, but the remedy is, nonetheless, identical.

My standard counsel is: Catholic Holy water, especially at night and on the bed, and use of the names "Jesus and Mary help me". If Catholic, receipt of the Sacraments, especially Confession, helps a lot. Please hang in there, and email me if you like. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Blaqwynter (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
I have had similar experiences with entities and ghosts, but the entity that was pointing at you, must have been trying to tell you something, whether another family member was going to die etc... Sounds to me like you have some medium-ship powers, use the powers to your advantage, it may help. Other than that I was actually hanging on the edge of my seat reading your tale!
sensitivejen (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
thank you! Yes it helps to know that my father and grandmother are still around. My son passed away almost 2 years ago and to this day I smell formula and that "hospital" smell. I know my son (my bubby) is and always will be with me=)
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Thank you for posting your story and I find it amazing that you are able to be empathidic to the different scents. I have been sensitive with certain objects, such as touching them and seeing something in that objects past, and I have often when expirencing an encounted been able pick up on scents that are meaningful to the encounter. I agree with taz scent can also be used as putting you at ease or a common bond you share.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
this is just my thoughts on this so you can take them or not your choice.
This figure seems to be there as a warning force as you say you see it just before a passing in the family so you expect something to happen after a "visit" and can mentaly prepair for it even though it will be a painful experience.
As for the smells that is the spirit letting you know there still around and with you it is possible that they don't want to let you see them to save you the pain but a smell will always bring happy memories to mind. P.s great story thanks for posting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: