You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost Who Was Looking For The Child

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Who Was Looking For The Child

 

This happened to my grandfather when he used to live in South India in a village closer to the city Kodaikanal. He used to be a non believer back then.

Somewhere in the 1950's there was a drought. He doesn't remember the exact year. He was in his early 20's. His village was badly hit by the drought and all the crops were dead. They had no other food source in the village. My grandfather's family bought food from a nearby village once every week. My grandfather or one of his siblings went for food.

That particular week it was my grandfather's turn to go. Unlike his brother's who went to the nearby village my grandfather usually went to a village which was a bit far. He used to walk almost for two and a half hours to reach this particular village, he took pain going since most of his friends were living there and he used the chance to meet them. As usual he left in the morning and reached the village and did all the shopping. Then he went to his friend's place where he had lunch and spent some time there, and then another friend came there and also invited them to his newly bought hotel.

So all three men went there and were having fun. Time flew so fast and it was only around 10pm that my grandfather realized he was late. When he told them he was leaving, the friend who owned the hotel had checked the time and told my grandfather that he should spend the night at the hotel and could leave the next morning. The reason he gave, was that there was a ghost out there who wandered around their village and the road which leads to my grandfather's village. Many villagers had allegedly seen this figure of a long haired women dressed in white. Even the people who worked in the hotel had seen this ghost many times through the keyhole in the door. The villagers were afraid to leave their houses at night. Even a guy who lived several streets away was afraid to go to his home.

My grandfather had laughed at them for believing ghost tales. Then without listening to them he started his journey and because my grand father was going, this guy found the courage to follow my grandfather. (This guy's house was at the edge of the village and my grandfather had to cross it)

So the two of them left and on the way, the guy had told the story about this ghost. Even though my grand father didn't believe it he was listening to him since he usually found ghost stories very funny. According to this guy some weeks before, a woman had died while giving birth to a child. After her cremation her child was taken to some other village far away, by her husband and his family. Since then, people saw a woman very similar to the one who died, wandering the village at night. The villagers believed the ghost was very angry since it couldn't find its child and encountering this ghost alone, would mean danger. They thought the ghost might show all of its anger towards any person it sees. Once they were at this guy's home he had asked my grandfather one more time to change his mind for which his answer was a laugh.

To reach his village my grandfather had to walk down a valley and then climb a mountain using curvy spring like roads. When he reached the valley it was closer to midnight. All of a sudden at the middle of the valley a white figure appeared, he said. At first he didn't bother knowing what it was but when he got closer and closer, the figure looked like a woman. This figure was seen in moonlight. Even though he carried a torch (flashlight) he didn't flash the light at it for some unknown reason.

Once he was close enough again he had given a look. Now he saw it clearly. He described it as a middle aged woman, wearing a white dress with long black hair which matched his friend's description of the ghost. At this moment my grandfather got a bit scared.

I must say, my grandfather never drinks any sort of alcoholic beverages. He is an expert in Indian martial arts and a very brave man. He is also a non believer and a well educated person. So when my grandfather said he was afraid of this unknown entity the possibility of it being a person or he mistakenly taking something else for a paranormal entity is highly unlikely.

Then out of fear he had started walking swiftly. This figure was in the opposite side of the road, my grandfather managed to pass it without any trouble but then when he looked back he saw this figure in his side of the road, following him. By now he was climbing the mountain using the small curvy roads. A bad fall from the road will result in death as the fall would take a person hundreds of feet down the hill.

Seeing this figure following him, grandfather had increased his pace yet he could see this thing catching up with him and the distance between him and the ghostly figure was becoming less and less. Then grandfather had really freaked out and started running yet again when he looked back the figure was moving as fast as him. After he started running in less than a minute, something had struck him very hard on the back part of his neck. The blow was so hard that he rolled down the hill. He said he didn't know what happened and said he rolled for like forever. Luckily he managed to grab the root of a tree then somehow got the strength to climb back to the road. There the figure was gone. Then he ran as fast as he could and reached home in a fraction of the time it took usually. Then he went to bed silently without talking to anyone and blacked out.

The next morning when his family checked on him he was shivering, had high Temperature and strangely enough the back part of his neck was red, it also had finger marks, as if someone had given a hard slap. His brothers had gone to the scene where this happened and they found scattered food all around the place. Then his family had brought a Hindu priest and done some rituals. After a few days his health got better and he was back to normal.

Whenever I hear this story I get scared but still my grandfather laughs when someone mentions ghost.

Other hauntings by golden_swastika

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, golden_swastika, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
bacchaegrl,
Those southwestern girls... Is it the sun, or do you gals drink out of questionable water holes?
I know you aren't looking for acceptance or anything else from us old farts, but the "I was just kidding" thing does leave me wondering. You are very welcome to this site... I prefer skepticism... And I really hope you get what you are looking for.

Be yourself...we'll figure it out eventually.

Lou
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I feel bad about commenting on golden swastika's thread as well. Sorry about that. This is my last post on this thread! I hope! I'm from Albuquerque.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
bacchaegrl,
That's what we do here, talk. Not looking for anything fancy. So, where are you from?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
bacchaegrl: I think that's a good idea...We've taken up enough space on this poor person's thread...

Sorry golden swastika...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I just don't want to get any deeper than I already am. I really didn't ask for help, so I don't know why people are telling me that people tried to help me. Help me with what? I'm not plagued by anything. Except self importance. Hah! Beat you to it! I'm not refusing anyone's friendship. I don't think it's being offered so how can I refuse it? Maybe I am full of myself. But no one really knows that about me, do they? My lack of comments make me seem like I'm hurt or mad. So do I have to keep defending myself here? I want to be on this site for hopefully the same reason as everyone else; to read good ghost stories. I don't think all this attention is neccessary. You can ignore me if I'm bothering you too much. I promise I won't pester you. I'll just go back to commenting the way I did before. With cheers and jeers. Please don't make me defend myself any longer. You are all so entertaining that it's starting to interfere with my writing and reading. πŸ˜† So go ahead and bash me. I never inteded to get bashed, but if that's what needs to happen, go for it. I want to talk about ghosts! Does anyone else want to?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Hey guys,
It looks like she's refusing our friendship...Oh, woe is me! What shall I ever do? 😭
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
bacchaegrl - one thing I've noticed about your comments, and I've had a hard time understanding, is why your comments are laced with sarcasm. Ever since you started commenting on here, when people actually took you seriously and were trying to offer help, you jumped back with the "I was just kidding." You claim you don't say things to get a rise out of people, yet you have done that many times on different stories.

Yep, here I am, part of the "gang" everyone wants to throw stones at. You set out to get a reaction from the readers on this forum, and you did. You have criticized some of the authors, yet you have no experience to back up your criticism. To me, and this is just my opinion, it's almost like a game. See if you can draw out the "gang." Like I said, that's just my opinion.

By the way, some people go their whole lives wanting a paranormal experience and never have one.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
woman you're too full of yourself. Stop prattling and continue what you came here to do, which is to figure out which stories seem real and those that are not.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I thought I already tripped up! I dug myself a hole so deep, there is no way I can dig myself out! I've collected a whole pile of rocks that people beat me with today. I guess all I need now is to be laughed at.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
bacchaegrl,
Oh no! Not when you're so up and ready for it. We like to reel you in and then beat you with a rock to mellow you out. But since you're still in school, and we don't want Karma to get us for it, we'll just wait until you trip over yourself. Then we'll laugh at you. That's when you'll know it's cool. πŸ˜‰
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
aia,
I know, I was saving it for last. I like to take my time when I read your stories. 😊
Don't worry about the new girl, she's tough. She can take as well as she gives. Just our way of welcoming in the LOUD ones. πŸ˜†
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I thought this was the hazing process? 😜 I'll never burn out! I'm a fireball! Maybe not... Anyway, haze away. I'm ready for it. πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
bacchaegrl,
Give it a rest man, you're going to burn out before any of get a chance to put you through the hazing process! For crissakes, you're not allowed to act like me when you're not even related! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
aiafaith1 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Did she direct it at you when she commented? I think not. So please, just chill out.

Javelina, I have a new story, it's called "Juliette Gordon Low's House.":P
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Now I'm a loud mouth butt head? For expressing an opinion? Wow, I thought the paranormal community was open minded. Maybe not this paranormal community. I like the stories on here. Sometimes they confuse me, sometimes they are unbelieveable. I don't think those who think it's okay to come up with their own little ghost fantasy should be encouraged. I read every story on this site because there are some really good ones. Stories that lead me closer to the truth about things. I don't mean to barge into someone's little club. Perhaps I should have gone through a screening test to be able to comment. At least I'm getting quite entertained during my slow moments at work today.
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
bachrraegirl, she wasn't trying to be mean calling you a "newbie." It's just a term.

Javelina, thanks for telling me.

Oh God, I can see myself getting caught up in this...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I'm not shy, I just didn't understand. Were you making a statement? Of course I pay attention. I spend most of my free time researching the paranormal. But what theories were you talking about? I guess I didn't realize that you all belonged to an exclusive club and newbies like myself are considered trolls because we don't think the exact same way as everybody else. I am certainly not a troll, I don't say things just to get a rise out of people. I say what I think. But since I'm not in your little club, and I'm just a newbie, I don't have the same rights as everyone else. Sorry, tangent again. Mostly joking in that last bit. But jeepers, do you really have to call me a newbie? What does it take to become an oldbie?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
aiafaith1,
Normally it's someone who comes onto a site for the purpose of causing trouble, starting arguments, and generally just being a loud mouth butt head and making a lot of noise for no other reason than to be annoying.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I've never exactly understood when users of this site call people trolls. Is it just a term for people who are rude? Or for those who don't believe in the paranormal, but join this site anyway? Somebody explain this to me please.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
bacchaegrl,
You're not going to get shy on us now are you? We're all ears...
People here are serious about the paranormal. Sure we have fun when it's slow, but we get a little touchy when a newbie comes in and stomps all over the pages acting like a troll.
However, if you're serious, this is a good place for inspiration.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
bacchaegrl,
Then you've been paying attention? Do you keep up with the different theories?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Thanks! I was a satyr that day! I'm waiting for the day when something paranormal happens to me. I desperately want to be scared or shocked or even confused. Until then, I have to live vicariously through everyone else. I think I should follow someone around who does have paranormal experiences, that way I could help them write a book about it.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
B-grl - I like your horns πŸ˜†. I'm not seeing a story from you on this site. Did you submit one? Do you have one to share? I'd like to read it if it isn't too long or is broken up in readable paragraphs.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Hahah! I am finding my funny bone! I think this whole thing is hilarious! I never intended to play the victim here. I was being ridiculous! Sorry you couldn't see that. I was in no way serious about anything I just said.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
bacchaegrl: As a matter of fact, not every story is believed, and there have been quite a few heated debates about the "believability" of many, many stories... But you've gone the extra mile and have appointed yourself the site's critic on style, structure, and grammar... I read some of your blogs, and the "ghost story" one makes a lot sense...You're a very talented writer... Not everyone is, nor should they aspire to be for the sole purpose of pleasing you...

My comment below was wasn't intended to "win" anything, or to "get you"...Geez, get over yourself, and find your funny bone!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
On the contrary, bacchaegrl. To be honest, I'm proud of you for coming back. For a minute there, I thought all you were interested in was getting the last word... So like many good ghost hunters find, provocation was needed.
Good to see you return to a thread you commented on and read what others have to say. Maybe we can all learn from this experience... Or maybe we just need ghost lovers to make out with. You choose.

Lou
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Wow, you guys sure got me! You all win I guess. I'm a bad, bad little commenter. I just wanted to read a good story and have a decent paranormal discussion. How silly I am! Now you all get to dump on me. That's so great! I'm glad you have someone to harass! I just can't believe how funny you guys are and how well you put me in my place! Good job everyone! Now I know not to mess with you all, or you'll get me again! I'm so stupid for wanting to read a decent story about a ghost that is believable and understandable. Oh dear, poor me. I've been ripped a new one and I totally deserve it. I guess I forgot this site was about coddling others and believing everything that is said. Oh my. How silly I was. I shall never try to have a true paranormal discussion again.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Exerpt from:"Drive-by Commenting" by bacchaegrl

"Be sure never to revisit any comment threads you have carpet bombed... It is too easy to trip up in the debris field."

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
'ZZZZzzzzt!
That's the sound of one of those bug zappers. And there she goes, zipping off out of your league. It's Mod granny! She gives 'Float like a Butterfly and Sting like a Bee' a whole new meaning. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
baccheagrl: In your blog about "How To Write A Ghost Story", you mentioned excessive use of exclamation points... Just wondering if that rule applies to comments also? πŸ˜†

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: