You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: The Guardian Of The Ramesseum

Real Ghost Stories

The Guardian Of The Ramesseum

 

In September last year (2010), I travelled to Egypt on a school trip. There was about 40 students' altogether, 5 teachers and 5 parents. We visited many places such as the Pyramids and Sphinx, the Temple of Philae, The Colossi of Memnon, the Cairo Museum, Aswan High Dam, Al Azar Mosque (Cairo), Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple, the Step Pyramid and much more. We also spent two nights sailing the Nile River on some feluccas.

On one of the hottest days during our time over there, we spent a whole day visiting Queen Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple and also the Valley of the Kings.

The Guardian Of The Ramesseum

The morning of this day, we left the Sonesta St George Hotel in Luxor where we were staying and took two motor boats across the Nile to the West bank. There, we rode some donkeys down the main street until we reached the Colossi of Memnon. We then took a bus to Hatshepsut's Temple. While driving we went passed the Ramesseum and being a major fan of Pharaoh Ramses II (the one who commissioned the Ramesseum's construction during his reign in the 19th Dynasty) I quickly snapped some pictures through the bus window.

It wasn't until I was back home in Australia roughly a week later and sorting through and naming my pictures that I realized there was a lone, black figure in the centre of one of the Ramesseum pictures I had taken. I am fairly positive that the figure is not a statue as many of the statues at the Ramesseum had fallen and crumbled many years ago and they are all a sandy colour, not black. The figure does resemble a lady in a full burka, however, there was no-one in or around the Ramesseum as it was completely closed at the time.

This was a trip of a lifetime, we could not have done if not for the generous help of the locals and I wish all the best to the people of Egypt during this difficult time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RachelChum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RachelChum (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
Christine_Pandora:

Haha yes we were very lucky to have been able to go. It was the first trip to Egypt the school had organised and it was a great success thanks to all the hard work that staff and parents put in to make it happen. I feel so blessed to have been able to go. I live in a coastal town in South East Queensland.

I was so bummed not to have been able to visit the Ramesseum but it was closed for restoration which was scheduled to start a few weeks after we had left.
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
WOW you got to go to Egypt on a school trip?!?!?
You're so lucky!

I too live in Australia (WA), which state was this school in? - just so if I ever have kids they can go on the trip and I can tag along too haha

I can absolutely see someone there and if not for you saying no one is allowed there then I probably would have assumed it was a real live person... Creepy!
RachelChum (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Javelina:
I thought she had a head scarf on too when I first saw but after zooming in on it time after time I realised it was actually just the edge of the half-wall behind her covered in a shadow

Cosmogal926:
I must admit the head is a little disproportionate to the rest of the body but maybe that's just because it's a fair distance away?

Rachel 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
RachelChum,
Yes! I finally got to see the photo. I also magnified it, and yes, you did not disappoint. I do see what looks like a woman in a Burka, with the wind blowing the end of her head scarf behind her. She absolutely looks real in her posture and the way it seems as though she's facing away from your direction. Wow, that is pretty neat.
Thanks again for sharing.
😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Holy Shnikies, I just magnified your photo and it really does look like someone is standing there. 😲 You are right it does look like a woman in full burka, but I don't see any feet or hands. Can't make out any facial features either. I don't think it's a staute because it just seems like a weird place to put one right? Great picture! Honestly one of the best I have seen in a long time. 😊
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
that was cool! Can you post the photo here so that we can see it too? Thanks.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
zzsgranny: I will try get on there tonight, there is a few things that I need some answers for. Thanks heaps 😊 ❤

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
I have always wanted to go to Egypt and see the pyramids. My sister-in-law went not too long ago and said it was amazing. I must have looked at her pictures 100x's over. Can't wait for your photo to be uploaded. I'm so excited to see it. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
RachelChum: Wow, that is the trip of a lifetime!...Egypt is on my list of "places to go before I die" (you Loonies know that list ❤)...I can tell you that Martin is the one who uploads the pics, and he's pretty busy so it may take a while to be posted... This is a very interesting account... Thank you for posting!

DARKNESS: If you get a chance, check the Bin... ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
RachelChum,
Thanks for bringing us your account of the trip. I love any stories about Egypt. To me it's one of the most fascinating places on earth, the history is so rich and full of mystery and intrigue. I absolutely love it.
Hopefully your photo will be posted soon and we'll all see what you saw when you first looked at them.
Thanks again.
😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
RachelChum: Sounds like you had an awesome time over there that's excellant. Sometimes it takes a bit longer for the pics to be uploaded onto the site I have noticed this in some cases. Zzgranny, any thoughts?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
RachelChum (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Gymnast:
Well I did actually reply and send in the image but they haven't posted it with my story...

Sk99:
Egypt is such an amazing country... So rich with culture and history... I am actually planning on taking my dad there one day since he's a lot like me and has always dreamt of visiting Egypt

Does anyone know why they mightn't have posted it?

Rachel
Gymnast (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
What an amazing experience! How lucky you were to go to Egypt! 😁
Maybe you can post up the picture if you want to?
That would be so cool!
Sk99 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Hey I went round the same time as u! Yay.
Luxor and cairo really amazing places would go back anyday and the people there so friendly. Glad you had an amazing time. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: