You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Giant Black Figure In The Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

Giant Black Figure In The Doorway

 

I was in the third grade, so I had to have been nine when this happened.

My mom's (now ex) husbands mother was staying with us for a visit and I had to share my room. I was sleeping on the top bunk and she was sleeping on the bottom. I remember it being a long day so I fell asleep fairly quickly but woke up a few hours later. It wasn't anything important that woke me up; I just had to use the bathroom or get a drink. I climbed down the ladder of the bunk bed and opened to door, only to find a HUGE black figure inches away from me. I only kept the door open for a second but that second was all I needed to see that it nearly touched the ceiling (the ceiling wasn't that high but if anybody could reach it like that, they had to have been giant) and so wide that even if I wanted to (which I no longer did at this point) I couldn't have left the room.

I slammed the door and screamed, waking up my mom's husband's mother. She tried to calm me down but I couldn't stop crying. I never told her what I saw for some reason. I just eventually calmed down and went back up to my bed without doing what I had gotten up to do in the first place.

I'm fairly certain, not that I'm older that what I saw was just a shadow person, and nothing more. But I thought I'd share it because it was one of my first experiences.

Other hauntings by hiya_hayz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hiya_hayz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IsaacBPS (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry you had to experience such terror. Let's hope that doesn't happen again O_o
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Nobody ever told me if they noticed anything in the house. I don't remember anything along those lines going on in the house after that.
-Hayz
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Hi hiya hayz, this sounds so scary. I'm glad for you that your mothers' ex mother in law was in your room that night to comfort you. Did anyone else ever noticed something strange in that house, and was that the only experience you had in that house? Thanks for sharing. Trix ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
That does sound pretty shocking, and I completely understand how something like could have frightened you to tears. Did you ever see another shadow type person after that first experience in the same house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: