You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Very First Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

My Very First Encounter

 

This is one of the earliest memories I had. When I was a small boy, my father used to take me around with him whenever he paid a girlfriend a visit. It's sleazy I know; he would just leave me alone while he engaged in sexual relations with this woman or that woman. On this occasion, he was paying a visit to an old girlfriend. He left me outside of the house to pretty much me fend for myself.

Anyway, as I was playing around the yard, I suddenly ran into a little boy. He was slightly older than me, with dark hair. He asked me if I wanted to play and I said yes. I was lonely and didn't know when my dad would be done. So the boy and I started chasing each other around the yard.

I distinctly remember that there were times when the boy seemed to just disappear. I would turn a corner immediately after him and he would be gone. All of a sudden he would pop up behind me. Keep in mind this was a well manicured yard with very few places to hide.

Eventually, I wound up chasing him into the house. He ducked into a bedroom and I followed him in. I noticed that he ducked behind the one bed in the room. I couldn't see him but I knew he was there. For some reason, I suddenly got very excitable. I started to grab things off of shelves around the room and throw them at the bed. Every time I did, the boy would pop up and laugh, and then disappear behind the bed again. At this point, I was making quite a mess in the room but didn't seem to care because I was having an insane amount of fun. I also really, really wanted to hit the boy with something. At least, that's how it seemed.

There was a grey doll house in the room. It was beautiful and ornate, intricately designed and fragile. It was the last thing I grabbed and I hurled it across the room. It shattered against the wall, and the pieces landed behind the bed. The boy didn't pop up this time though.

Well, I guess I must of made quite the ruckus because my father and his "friend" came storming into the room. When the lady saw the mess she was astronomically pissed, and asked what I was doing. I tried to explain that I was playing with the boy (I'm sorry; I just can't remember his name). To my surprise, she asked "What boy?"

Now this was a small bedroom and I had this kid cornered. There was no way for him to get out of there with out my noticing. And when my dad and his friend came in, they would've noticed the boy slipping out. My dad checked the room, under the bed, everywhere. The boy wasn't there.

This lady demanded that my father leave. I couldn't blame her. I had just destroyed her place. I'll never understand why I felt the need to hit this kid just that I was overwhelmed with the sensation that it was the right thing to do at the time. Now, I don't know how many of you have had an experience like this, but it's stayed with me my entire life, and only recently has it begun to sink in that this whole experience was quite possibly paranormal. I do believe that as children we are more susceptible to these kinds of events. Was this boy a ghost that wanted to get me in trouble for some reason? I don't think I'll ever know the answer to that.

Other hauntings by iwanttobelieve808

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iwanttobelieve808, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

RobynAbigail (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Sometimes a ghost is attatched to you maybe it saw
How you felt about being left by your dad, and seized
The moment. After that it went away because it had served
It purpose for you, because I bet your dad never took
You back there and left you outside again! 😁
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Or maybe it was a spirit sent to prevent the lady from making a bad mistake with your father. Just speculating. Very interesting story.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Hey iwanttobelieve808,

Thank you for this scary sharing! I know what you mean when you say that what you experianced still stays with you as something clearer then clear. The times that I had a direct contact with a spirit seems to have bin printed unto my eyes and memory... It is a coalition of two worlds.

Greetings,
Peter
Claws (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
What a beautiful, whimsical story. When I figure out how to favorite this, I definitely will.
I think that this boy was just lonely, saw you, and decided to take advantage of having another kid around. So he played with you. Sorry if it doesn't sound all that complex or grand, but I find it rather sweet. I mean, if you want to feel special, he did chose you to play with. I bet he vanished once the doll broke because he knew the noise would rouse attention. I dunno, that's just my two cents. Such a lovely story ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
I agree with redphx and mlbenson. I got the same impressions they did while reading about your experience. Mischevious ghost who wanted to see how far he could push you and once the doll house shattered that was enough to get your Dad and his friend into the room. Very interesting story, thanks for sharing it. 😊
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
I believe that you saw a spirit. It's hard to objectify the reasoning maybe there was no reason at all other than to occupy your time. My daughters' have had similar expirences where they were playing with children that just disappear before their eyes. They also have explained being "very happy" at the time.
ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
I don't know for sure what he was but, this sure was funny! I agree with redphx's entry perhaps. Maybe your guardian Angel.
chingvang559 (42 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Maybe he didn't want your dad to sleep with his friend, so he made you distract them
mlbenson (1 stories) (6 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
The boy disappeared from the room, so of course it was paranormal. I think the urge you felt to hit him was emanating from him. He could've just been a mischievious spirit out to get you in trouble. If you want to read more into it, there may very well be a reason why he wanted to get your dad away from his lady friend. Intriguing story!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
I think that the boy may have been giving you the urge to throw things to get your dad away from his lady friend. Once you cracked the doll house and the lady left the room he had no other reason to be seen. That is what I thought when I read your story
nicole_scaredmother (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
The boy's spirit could have somehow been connected to the dollhouse. That's what I think, because when you threw it and it broke, he didn't pop up. Just disappeared. Or, maybe it just pissed him off so much that he decided to stop playing with you.
I honestly would've stopped playing with him the minute he disappeared and popped up behind me.
jatinder (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
this was defiantley paranormal in my opinion and for all we know you could have been possessed by this trouble-some spirit, bu ti am confident it was a spirit as from what you describe. Be careful next time and stay alert for stranger danger 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: