You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mr. Ghostly

Real Ghost Stories

Mr. Ghostly

 

So I lived in the same house until I was twelve. The entire time I lived in the house it was haunted. The earliest sign I remember is when my older sister and I were upstairs in our room talking and someone would slam our bedroom door open even though it was latched. We grew to call him Mr. Ghostly. (Keep in mind I was like four or five at the time.)

Every once in a while you could hear him walking up and down the stairs between the first and second floor. You could hear him sit on the couch and open drawers in the kitchen then head back upstairs. The day after Christmas my parents told us they were getting a divorce and it seemed like after that the activity from Mr. Ghostly occurred more often.

My dad had already moved out, but a couple days before my mom moved out I woke up to a shadow on my door. I know I wasn't dreaming which is what everyone kept telling me when I tried to tell them. My families are the only ones that believed me. Well the shadow on my door was like a tall man, I couldn't see much detail, but I could make out the body and face. When I sat up a bit in my bed I saw the head turn towards me and it was like he sat there and stared at me for just about a minute and then he turned around and left. After he left I heard the familiar footsteps down the stairs and through the living room.

The day we went to move out I went up to my room and told him he could go with us. (My mom got mad at me for that, but I was never threatened by him and I didn't think it would be the same in the new house.) Just a couple days ago I got on my laptop and apparently he made a video on my webcam while I wasn't there.

And now he goes back and forth with me between my dad's and mom's. It freaks my pets out at both houses though.

Other hauntings by tabby315

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tabby315, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tabby315 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Yup, just reminding me he's still with me. 😁 After we moved I wasn't sure if he followed or not. Apparently he did.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
So...in the video he turned on the light and switched the camera around a bit? COOL!
tabby315 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Yeah, he's pretty great. And it's nice having him around. Defiantly because I never feel alone. 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Ok. That was cool! And I do get it, tabby315. I don't feel anything bad about your friend Mr. Ghostly at all. I would have felt it by now if there was. Thanks. 😊 ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
i know just how you feel. Only, with our family it was my mother that always knew when a spirit or ghost was there. She talked to them like it was you or me standing there. We never thought it was odd but once we got into 3rd or 4th grade we knew not to advertise too much. Probably when we each got old enough to stay overnite with friends. You were right in asking him if he would like to go with you. I can't wait to see the video. 😊 ❤
tabby315 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Yeah, I was a little freaked out when he stared at me, but I just didn't really feel threatened or anything.
Yaz123 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
thats so sweet! Id love to see your video too. Didn't you feel a bit scared when he stared at you though?
myghoststory17 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
lol Mr. Ghostly is a funny nickname 😁 well he might be a Gaurdian Angel maybe you should ask him
iloveriku29 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
You should /definitally/ post a link to that video when you upload it, I would love to see it.
tabby315 (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Yeah, the video is still on my computer so I'll put it up. I've always thought he was guarding me, defiantly when my mom met her new guy. It seemed that Mr. Ghostly was purposely trying to scare him. When I have friends around he didn't do as much activity, but when he came it seemed that he moved stuff more and he walked around a lot heavier.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Mr. Ghostly is an adorable nickname for your ghost friend! When there is a lot of stress in a household, spirits react which is why you probably heard a lot more from Mr. Ghostly when your parents were getting divorced. (sorry about that, its a rough time. I've been there too.) Is there anyway you can put the video mr. Ghostly made on this site? I'm sure there are tons of posters who would love to see it, including myself! Thats interesting that he still stays with you between your parent's houses. He must be protecting you! Thank you for sharing!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Sound like He may had Guard You and your sister and Seem he let you know what he look like on camera, so hes not harm your family and Question is Why your mom mad at you for tell him to follow you and your family to move sound like your mom rather he is lonley that is right if he is harmless and lonley I would have ask him to come with me as a Guard.
tabby315 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
My sister says she has also seen his shadow and my mom has heard him. Both my sister and I can feel his presence around us, but we don't think he's there to hurt us. My mom did tell me a couple of days ago that before she bought the house they found out some man had died in there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: