You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Watch

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Watch

 

A few months ago I decided to go out on a night out with my friends, we all packed our bags, excited to be leaving for the night. We arrived at our destination followed by a few drinks. We decided to hit the town and a few of the clubs, it reached 3am quickly, I began to sober up, feeling tired, my heels started to hurt so I went to the toilet to check my feet. I returned a few moments later, I saw my friends dancing so I walked up to them, as I walked up to them I felt some one put something in my hand, It was pretty crowed, I open my hand looking at a old clock like the clock you would attach to your necklace, It was big and looked like it would be worth something, I turned around, to see a tall dark African man. I looked at my hand again and looked up and I couldn't find him.

I showed my friends they thought it was a little bit weird, but thought it may be worth something.

I arrived home the next day, everything was okay.

I left the watch at the side of my bed; I found it weird how it would start ticking at certain times of the night. After a few nights I refused to sleep in the room, waking up at certain times of the night feeling like some one was watching me; I also felt some one sit on the edge of the bed. Few things had fallen off the side of the bed or been moved. I always seemed to have bad dreams in the room, I remember dreaming about an evil shadow and when I woke up I saw the exact shadow, I was a bit scared so put the TV on. I just always thought it was my imagination until I spoke to my mum about it, she said if there was anything in the room it wouldn't harm me, she told me to read this book about guardian angels and real like experiences, I couldn't find the page, so she found it for me and read out the story called invisible hands, with that my vase fell off my bedside cabinet. I know for a fact I did not move and neither did my mum.

After then nothing really happened, probles because I had slept in the spear room for the last few weeks.

My boyfriend decided to stay a few nights, I Slept back in my bedroom, still waking up at random times of the night, clock ticking, feeling uneasy, hearing the odd noises and feeling like I had been watched. My boyfriend never really heard anything.

Few more nights later he stayed again this time he heard the noises that I did, something fell off the side, but once again he thought nothing of it. He then stayed again as I felt safer when he was around, as he was falling asleep. I was in a mid sleep, but kept waking up. I woke up looking at the watch hearing it ticking; I elbowed my boyfriend waking him up, feeling uneasy again and not wanted in my own Bedroom. I never really thought the clock could have brought something in to my room, but my boyfriend never liked it.

I had a weird feeling about it so I moved the clock on the other side of the bed. I got a good night sleep, on the other hand my partner could not sleep, and he apparently heard tapping on the bed frame and growling noise at the end of the bed. He also felt something touch his foot like some one had walked by him, later on that morning he told me what happened telling me to get rid of the clock saying there was something wrong with it.

Haunted Watch 1
Haunted Watch 2
Haunted Watch 3
 

I am still not sure if the clock brought some spirit in to my house but I will certainly be getting rid of it, I also hope that I will start sleeping back in my old bedroom without been scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jadewri91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jadewri91 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-22)
It's been a while since I wrote what happened about the watch and often look back to find out if anybody has come across the watch or anything similar, I've also read though the comments. And I know I haven't gone in a lot of detail because it's not often I do much writing in all honestly I'm not very good at writing! I got given this watch in leeds in a night club called oceana now called prizm I believe. I will never forget what happened or how I felt. I have recently moved house and I am now 23, after I got rid of the watch I had no problems. I still wonder why I got given it and where it is now. We did get it valued and it was worth nothing. I think looking back it was probably stolen, I don't think it was anything bad just something that wanted to be noticed. Still gives me chills of how the atmosphere changed in that room from light to very dark and eerie. I hope that if it was stolen it's got back to where it needed to be. I was a lot younger then and I just wanted it gone and was scared, I think if I got it now I would have tried to find out a lot more as I'm quite interested in spirits instead of in fear of them. I appreciate all your comments.
ghost_of_you (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
You mentioned this happened when you were in a club, just think... Of all people, why would he chose you? The man who gave you the watch probably needs help, or is trying to tell you something. Try finding out the history of the watch. I feel like there's something the man needs to show you.

I'm also thinking that if you try to sell the watch without knowing anything, the so-called "spirit" might get mad at you, or worse, the person who plans to buy it from you. Like I said earlier, HE CHOSE YOU... If he was planning to sell it or whatsoever, he couldv'e just pawned the watch or asked money from you when he gave you the watch.

Who knows what lies behind the tick of that clock, if you wouldn't find out? 😊
Silmarwen (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
jadewri91, so are you willing to sell it?:) There are already two of us who would be more than happy to buy
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Previous posters have brought up some good points, I just want to also add that this could be something that connects the man to you. It could be a way of him being able to connect himself or even visit you this may explain why you have experienced some of these weird events. Something else to think about. 🤔
It is a shame really because it is a beautiful watch.😢

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Pjod wants to buy your haunted watch. It is haunted and if you don't want the ghost anymore sell it to someone who does
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I find it rather odd that never once do you make mention of your feelings concerning being handed a pocket watch by a complete stranger.

No mention of making any attempts to give it to management or an effort to see if it had been lost and no mention of WHICH club this was.

You accept an expensive pocket watch, from a complete stranger whom you do not describe. In a club you do not mention the name of, in a town you take no effort to name.
And the readers are supposed to investigate such things with the information given?

This a story, and it's a story you crafted after acquiring the pocket watch in some manner. Strange how it is always a 'Big African Male' as the cause of the strange occurence when folks craft a story.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I am a novice collector of pocket watches... And love the look of yours. If you care to sell it... Let me know.
Silmarwen (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I really like this watch, how much are you asking for it?
As for the story, I think it's just your imagination and the clock keeps ticking and then stopping because it's old.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Hi shadowspirit, you've got a point there. I never thought of it that way. You are right. I fully agree. If the watch can be blessed it could stop the haunting but it depends on how jadewri91 feels about going to a priest also. I still feel that it's cruel to pass your problems on to another person. I stand on my point that that mans intentions was bad and selfish. Thanks. Trix. ❤
shadowspirit (4 stories) (122 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
[at] trix

The african man may well of been a person with the same problem, giving the watch to the first person he sees to stop his hauntings, unless jades sure it wasn't a ghost

Get the watch blessed by a priest, and when your sure the haunting has stopped, take it to an antique dealer and check its history
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Trix could well be spot on. Spirits can become attached to certain items and will follow that item anywhere - making it possible to give ghosts to people through ownership of the item. I'm wondering if this man was being bothered by the entity attached to the watch, and not wanting to let his friends or family be haunted, simply gave the watch to a random stranger to get rid of it.

Shame it's haunted - it's quite beautiful.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Hi jadewri91. Your boyfriend is right with advising you to get rid of the watch. I wonder why this tall black African man gave you the watch in the first place. I don't think it was a gift. There is a meaning to this. The intention was to hand something bad to you. Don't trust strangers or even anything they want to give you because the intentions are not always good but cruel. Keep us posted on what's happening with your situation. There are good people on this site that can give you good advice. Good luck and take care. Trix. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: