You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Brookforest Inn

Real Ghost Stories

The Brookforest Inn

 

When I was about 5 my Mom was the accountant at the brook forest Inn, and one of her good friends owned it.

I was talking about it with my mom the other day and she told me about a few things that she didn't before (because we frequently spent nights there and she didn't want to scare me).

Before I tell you the story I wanted to clarify a few things. Contrary to some of the articles I have read I am certain that the Inn and the house across the street were owned by Nazis. There is a sealed tunnel under the road connecting the Inn and the "white house" across the street, the door from the inn to the tunnel is in the basement. The basement floor is completely covered in tiles filled with swastikas. The tiles were removed but according to an interview with the owner there are a few left.

Since I was a small child the last time I was there, I only remember two things, and the basement is one of them.

One day my mom heard vacuuming on the 2nd floor (she worked on the 1st). She went upstairs because she had a question to ask the maid, as soon as she stepped onto the floor the vacuuming stopped suddenly. There was no one on the floor and the maid wasn't even there.

A few months later my mom was talking to a friend of hers when she heard running up and down the hall above her, she decided to go tell the guest to settle down, when she got to the second floor she realized that the noise was on the third floor. This was the first time she had actually been to the third floor and she described the walk up the stairs as "so paranormally intense that it was nauseating and terrifying". She made it up and said she could feel something but the noise was gone and there was nobody there.

Some men from an Indian reservation came to stay at the inn. They're rooms were on the third floor but they refused to stay in the rooms and slept in the lobby. They left the inn and stayed in a different inn for the duration of their trip.

The second thing I remember from the inn is the 3rd floor and the stairway up to the third floor. As far as I recall I was up there for about a minute and I still remember everything perfectly. The hair on my neck stands when I think about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BewareOfTheBrookForestInn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Wow! Great name! How did you think it up? Colorado Nazis? You believe Nazis owned the joint even though articles you have read depict otherwise? I don't know about the ghostly exteriences, but your set up is so weird and kind of unbelievable, I am apprehensive about the rest of your story.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
This was very interesting, I'm sort of a fan of haunted Inns and restaraunts, having worked in a couple of them myself. I'd like to hear more about the Brookforest Inn sometime if you've got more stories to tell. And thank you for sharing the information. 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Sound like something bad on the third floor did you or your mom found out what the problem on the third floor aksi Sound like you have a Great haunted in your town. Thank you for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: