You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Ghostly Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghostly Footsteps

 

We were on holiday in Bangladesh... I and my cousin were in the room chatting about our lives. Suddenly I forgot that I left my medicine downstairs, so I told my cousin about it and she said let's go downstairs and get it.

We were on our way downstairs and there was a big window in front of us, my cousin looked out from it to see what's outside, but she couldn't see a thing because it was pitch black! Then we started to walk downstairs, suddenly we heard footsteps outside and everything went quiet, it was so quiet we could hear a pin drop! The footsteps started again and I got freaked out. My cousin was freaked out because she never had an experience like it before!

After a while the footsteps stopped and we thought who ever was out there was gone, then we knocked on the door to see if my sister was there so she can give me my medicine. We knocked for a long time but she wouldn't open it! I was scared and so was my cousin, she froze because the footsteps started again although we did ask who it was but no one answered... We got even more terrified and then we ran upstairs!

We opened the bedroom door and locked it after we got in! We told our other cousin the full story and she didn't believe us. She thought it was all a joke! After a while we heard a knock on the door and all of us got scared, me and my cousins thought it was the thing we heard outside! My elder cousin went near the door and asked who it was. The first few seconds were silent and then she asked again and it was my brother!

We opened the door and asked him did he hear the footsteps outside he said "no!" I still hadn't got my medicine yet so I asked my elder cousin to go and get it! She said "fine I will go, unless someone comes with me!" so my brother said "ill go with you". When they went, I and my cousin locked the door and then someone knocked so we opened it and it was my brother and he said" I got scared so I ran back up the stairs!"

After a while my elder cousin came with my medicine and said "I never heard any footsteps outside". We were shocked because we were sure that we heard footsteps! After that happened I was never sure if it was a ghostly encounter or if it was our imaginations!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, crazyface, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
That's a great story/freaky experience... Well whatever the thing was I kind of think it was not your imagination nor hallucination... You heard the footsteps then again you and your cousin heard them again later your brother heard them... Each of you people heard the footsteps at different times... So it can't be imagination/hallucination (guess)...is there any ghostly history of that house?
❀ ❀ ❀
crazyface (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
hi bacchaegrl,
Im not sure you know what I went through after that day but afetr I had that experience my belief in paranormal activity has not changed! I always hope one day that I will find out what happened that day but ever since that happened I haven't been back to bangladesh.
I just want to tell you if anyone says this story aint true in my heart I will know that this really happened to me and it will stay with me until I have proof!
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
It sounds like you just freaked yourself out. I think it was your imaginations. Fear and the night time can do crazy things to people. I'm sorry, but I don't think anything ghostly happened that night, just some kids trying to freak each other out.
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
The hearing of disembodied footsteps is quite common in the paranormal field. What you heard might very well have been real😊 Interesting story. Reminds me of when I was younger 😊
SILLYCAR (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
i loved your story but there's one little word and crazy face I'm glad your story got published!:] 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: