You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Welcome From Ben

Real Ghost Stories

A Welcome From Ben

 

This is one of my happiest yet saddest stories I will be posting here.

When I was 14 my brother Dave brought home a sweet girl named Tracy who was 16 at the time, it was the first girlfriend Dave had brought home and we all tried to make her feel welcome for Dave's sake as he had not had much luck with girls in the past. Jump one year ahead and Tracy had their first baby and they had decided to name him Ben after the Michael Jackson song. (She was a big fan)

Ben was a happy baby and just after 3 months he was sleeping right through the night, hardly cried and would smile at anyone and anything. Tracy and Dave had moved into their first home and everything seemed to be going well until one night when Ben would not stop crying. Dave and Tracy called the doctor who said Ben had a bit of a high temperature but nothing to worry about but if it got any worse to call him out again. Feeling relieved they put Ben into his cot but left him uncovered to cool him down, after an hour or so Ben stopped crying and fell asleep after checking him one last time Dave covered Ben and went to bed. Ben died that night, cot death. No other explanation could be found he just stopped breathing.

Four years go by Tracy and Dave have 2 more children both girls but sadly Dave and Tracy split up, myself and Tracy remain good friends and she would sometimes ask me to go in to town shopping with her to help with the girls, how could I refuse anyway I was feeling broody and helping with the girls helped. It was a normal rush to get the girls ready Tracy asking me to pop up stairs to get this and that but every time she asked me to check the front door was shut properly as Elisha (Tracy's eldest daughter aged 3 1/2) was running around and Tracy did not want here to get out until we were ready to go. Now the door was facing the living room door and was on the inside just hardboard (unpainted). "It's shut just like the past 8 times you mentioned it" I told Tracy. She asked me to look at the door and tell her what I could see, "i see a plain wooden door" I said "ok now say hello towards the door then shut the living room door" Tracy said I asked why? And she said please just do it. Feeling rather stupid I did as she asked I said hello to the door then closed the living room door. As soon as the door closed I heard 3 taps on the living room door as though a small child was knocking on the other side "open it now" said Tracy, I open the living room door looked out into the hall but there was no one there. Then Tracy said look at the front door and as I looked at the door there on the door was HELO on the door it looked like it had been sprayed on with water from a plant spray bottle, "what the hell is that?" I asked Tracy "it's Ben" she replied.

She went on to tell me that a few days before she had heard Elisha chatting in the hall to someone not hearing any anyone else but her Tracy thought it was just one of her dolls Elisha had she was talking too, but when Tracy had asked her who she was chatting with Elisha said its baby Ben. Tracy had not told Elisha about Ben with her being so young. Tracy said that she asked who baby Ben was and Elisha said my friend say hello mummy so Tracy said hello went and into the kitchen feeling very confused, but when she went back to get Elisha in from the hall she noticed HELO on the front door.

Tracy said that as she watched it faded the was gone, again she said hello picked Elisha up and going into the living room shut the door she heard 3 small taps on the door, opened it and HELO was back. Every time anyone came round since then she would ask people to make sure the front door was closed thus getting them to look at a plain door ask them to say hello then shut the living room door, wait for the 3 taps on the door then look for the HELO on the front door. It would always be there. I put my hand on the H my palm only just covered it, it was cold but did not feel wet at all even though it looked like it had been sprayed on with water, Tracy called me and asked me to bring the pram in from under the stairs in the hall which I did and as I passed the front door again the HELO was gone completely. Now I know water sprayed onto hardboard will leave a stain but the door was clear not a mark. "It goes real quick" Tracy said as I stood running my hand over the door trying to find the cold patches again.

Now you might think it was Elisha doing this but the H like I said was bigger than my palm and also at my eye level there was no way a child could have gotten up that far to write on the door (at the time I was just over 5 foot tall).

Other hauntings by taz890

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taz890, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-22)
While your story is so bittersweet, it gives me hope that we shall see our loved ones again. ❤ Thank you for sharing.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Maybe he died to make a believer out of his mom!

He was born for a reason to die for a reason...

He came here to go only to come back.
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
This is bittersweet... Such a sad and happy story. Weird feeling... It really touched me. Thank you for sharing...

❤ Krys
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
thanks for the comment murraymints glad you liked the story
Its also nice to know they are still being read 😊
Murraymints (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Thats such a nice story! But sad at the same time. Obviously ben always wants to be with his mum:) 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
geetha50 me too lol
Sadly my brother took it very bad
(long story but had to be put in secure unit for his and others sake enough said)
He never said anything about any messages or siteings but then he never really believed we saw anything on the door so I don't think he was "open" to receving a message sad but true.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
LOL...I hope Ghostdigme see that message.

Did your brother have any separate incidents?
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
geetha I am so sorry you had such a horrid experiance bless you for being there, that child would have felt your love and caring in your arms.

A quick point my brother was seperated from tracy at the time they never did get back together.
So he never got to see bens message as far as I know

Tracy has never mentioned anything else happening and the girls have not so I think ben has passed on who knows he might have even returned into a new life and is even now growing up happy (I hope so)

And to ghostsdigme no this was not loki messing with tracy just so you know!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
Taz,
The first word that came to my mind was WOW. It is truly sad to see a child die. I volunteered with a group of friends in Sri Lanka during the Tsunami of 2006. We stayed for 4 months (we actually took a semester off college to go). I had an orphaned child die in my arms. It was a hopeless feeling you get because you couldn't do anything. If I could feel that much sorrow, I could only imagine what your brother and Tracy went through. At least they are happy with their little girls.

Got a question for you. You said that Tracy experienced this. Does she still experience it and does your other niece experience anything from Ben? Sorry, I lied. Got one more question. Did your brother ever experienced anything like this?
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
hi petersspirit thanks for the great comment glad you liked the post
Carl
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
Hey taz890,

I just was blest to have read this beautiful sharing you did. Thats so amazing isen't it? Knowing that her baby sitll is with her and her family in such a wonderful way is in my eyes a heavenly gift!
Thank you for posting your experience!

Peter,
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
hi miisa tracy was happy to have the message from ben she would get people to close the livingroom door and then open it to see the "helo" yes at first it was hard for her but she did realise that he was ok where he was and happy.
Thanks for the comment 😁
miisa (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
ooohhh! This is quite very touching story. I mean how would tracy feel, whenever someone would say hello there would 'helo' written and at that time she would recall her 4 years before incident that she lost her first child.
Anyways wherever he is god bless him and hope he is well.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
thank you javelina and pandasarefun for your sweet comments
PandasAreFun (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
When I saw that you said Ben died that night, I felt really sad. It's like I got slapped in my heart making it sad? Weird, but okay. At least Tracy knows that he is their with her <3
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
This is such a sweet and sad story. I do see how it can be your happiest too. Just to have the validation is truly amazing. From the mouths of babes...
❤ 😊 ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
thank you blue_raven80 sorry to hear about you loss but glad you enjoyed the story
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
this is a veryu touching story. It made me remember my daughter who died a few years ago. Anyway, that is so sweet of Ben to say hello and to talk to his sisters. A very sweet and touching story.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
thank you for the comments I always look forward to them 😁
To shamby and I_AM_SPECTRA I think love is boundless myself it must be or those passed would not come back

To cosmogal926 and darkness yes it was always spelt as though a child was spelling a word they had heard but never had to write I do recall helping elisha write a birthdaycard for her mum and she put the exact same thing "helo mum hapie" (I helped her change it though) and yes it was freaky to see at first but when we realised who it was it felt great too

Im sure he is at peace now thank you again
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Touching story, wonderful and very sad. I admit I would have been scared seeing Helo on the door. But its very sweet baby Ben is sticking around to check up on his mom and sisters. Loves has no boundries
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
It is a sad story but a happy one aswell just as you mentioned. I would have been a bit freaked out after having witnessed the "HELO", I am in agreement with Cosmogal here I have also noticed that spirits are quite bad at spelling, but still Ben is only young. I hope all is well.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Such a sad story 😢 And yet, I am completely amazed by the door and seeing "HELO". Was it always mispelled like this? They do say that sometimes spirits are bad spellers. Poor Ben, I hope he is happy and at peace. ❤
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Thats a very nice story. And sad. I enjoyed reading this. They say love is boundless 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: