You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Neelsies' Final Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Neelsies' Final Goodbye

 

It all started with my eldest son. He brought a little miniature Doberman puppy home one day from school. It was such a cute little thing and he called him Blacky. Blacky was his dog and went everywhere with him. Blacky got sick one day and died at the vet. Our hearts were broken. My husband dug a deep hole and we buried him in the back yard.

My son got Blacky from his friend. His friend came to my home after a view months with another little black bundle in his hands and he said that I must have the puppy to make up for the loss of Blacky. This time I could pick the name because no one in the household could think of a proper name that fitted him. I called the little dog Neelsie. We grew very fond of Neelsie. Neelsie got very special attention from all of us. He was now part of his human family.

Neelsie was not even a year old when he got sick. My husband and I took him to our vet for examination and treatment. The vet took blood for testing and everything. It turned out that he contracted an airborne brain virus that was going around at that time in our suburb. We did everything in human power to turn his condition around, but his condition just went down day by day. He started to turn blind I had to feed him by hand. Our vet did a CT scan of his brain to see if we can pull him through. Our vet was so kind that she gave me permission to nurse him at home because of my medical background experience. She inserted a port to a vain in his front leg because he started to get fits. I slept with him on my chest and when I felt he was going to have a fit I would give him Valum injection through the port so he could be relaxed and pain free. It was one night with fits and Valium and my husband and I was finished. We couldn't take it to see him suffer like this. We made a decision that if the scan showed that there was no hope of recovery then our vet must put him to sleep.

The following morning we were on her doorstep with Neelsie. The scans were bad. My husband couldn't take it and went outside to his truck waiting for me. I finally said goodbye to Neelsie and he died in my arms while she gave him the injection. I couldn't stop crying, and the worst part is that our vet refused for us to bury him in our yard because of this virus, and he was sent for cremation.

Everybody felt sad but I couldn't get over it. I just couldn't let go of Neelsie's death. I cried without stopping. I just couldn't control myself. I kept on thinking of him and cried myself through two weeks. It felt like the pieces of my broken heart will never be picked up. After two weeks of grieving I went to sit on my bed just to get hold of myself again and to pray to God. I asked God that why did He not help Neelsie, and why our puppy, why not a street dog that suffers anyway from day to day? I had so many questions and no answers.

That specific morning I spoke to God and I questioned the fact that while some people cry in pain others re laughing in the rain. It was just not fair to me. That morning everything felt like a waste for me. My other two dogs even went to the living room and they were both howling for a few minutes then they calmed down. Something very strange happened that morning.

While I was sitting on my bed praying and questioning everything I felt something licking my neck. This happened very fast. I opened my eyes quickly out of shock to see what the heck is going on now. It was Neelsie. He cuddled onto my neck like he always did when I picked him up. He was full of life and very happy. He gave me dog kisses like he was very happy to see me. It was like a dream but I was not sleeping. This happened so fast. It was like he was still alive, but I knew it was his spirit visiting me for some reason to pick up the pieces of my broken heart, because I couldn't manage to hold him. It was like an illusion. My hands went through him. In front of my bed I saw a vision of a place that has tall trees in the back ground. There was a gravel road in front of the trees and in front it was field with grass. On this road was a dog like Neelsie waiting with his ears all up. I don't know why this other dog was there. In a way I wandered if it could have been Blacky. I don't know for sure who that other dog might have been. I just knew Neelsie came back to say final goodbye and that he has a friend where he is now and that he is in a place that looks like earth. This happened like I said very fast. It felt like not even a minute, but enough time for Neelsie's final goodbye and a glimpse of where he is in his afterlife now.

After this experience it felt like I was healed of all my sadness and the broken pieces of my heart were put together again by God in this event by showing me where Neelsie is, and the last goodbye. I actually felt so guilty acting that way towards God when Neelsie died. I never cried about Neelsie ever again, in fact when I think of him now I smile, and remember what I saw and experienced that day and it gives me comfort to know where he is, and that I will see him again someday.

I thank God for after life and that our pets are included in His plan with us. I've never experienced something like this again, but once was enough to spiritually heal me inside after losing my dog.

Other hauntings by Trix

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Hi Trix,
I see your back again, I'm so glad you made it! I closed down my old email account but I'll write to you from my regular one. It really is good to have you back with us where you have been missed.

Jav
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Hi Javelina, I don't know what to say... Thanks for your kind words it brought a tear to my eyes. I also love your stories. You are one of my favourite posters. Thanks for reading and commenting. Have a lovely day. Trix ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
😭 This is me reading your story Trix.
I'm Javelina now, but I used to be DCinAZ. Nothing could keep me away from your stories Trix, and this one is making me cry so much I can hardly see. I love my all of poochies, I've had dogs all my life. They are such wonderful and loving friends. And each one that has passed on, I've grieved for. So reading your story was so lovely and sad, but I know they've gone on to greener pastures and sunny days, where they are young and playful again.
Thank you Trix, I'll treasure this story forever. You put it all into words for me and I'm going to share this with my family because they'll love it just as much as I do. ❤ ❤
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi aussiedaz, thanks for your comment. You are right I received something so great that morning from God that it healed me spiritually inside. It was the most wonderful present from God that morning, showing me where Neelsie is, and to say final goodbye. I wish I could experience something like that again, but that was the only time it never happened again.
Thanks for reading.
Trix.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi DARKNESS, thanks for your comment on my experience, I must say what happened to me changed my view about everything. I realised that there is a higher source and in my human state I questioned things that I know so little about. What happened to me was fantastic.

Thanks for reading my story. I'm waiting for you to share your experiences too.
Trix.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Wow...these are the stories you can't get enough off although somewhat sad always pleasing when our departed family come back and pay us a visit... In my opinion during your prayer you were induced by an higher source into a transitional state of receiving... Basically given a taste or in your story a slobber lick of things to come when this journey's completed... Great story thank you for it...

Daz❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Wow Trix I love reading bout your experiences, this a very sad but heart warming story I'm so glad that Neelsie came to say his final goodbye to you and I believe god was listening to you at that moment of questioning. At least you can now look back and as you said smile whenever your thinking of him knowing he is in a better place free of pain and suffering.😊❤

Thanks for sharing another great story Trix.

Dan
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi BadJuuJuu, sorry... I feel terrible that you cried. Thanks for reading my experience and commenting on it. Trix ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
This story has me crying my eyes out. Somehow, our furry kids always find a way to let us know they are ok. Not even them leaving this plane stops them from knowing our feelings and trying to comfort us. Sometimes that final goodbye is the only thing that makes us able to move on, because we can actually comprehend the truth that our little one is ok now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: